Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Wow! Celebrities that I thought would never settle down are actually doing it like Julia Roberts for example.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

maybe the world is coming to an end Linn.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Absolute Fan

yeah it seems like that
Old 07-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Absolute Fan

From People

Quote:
Now you can call her Mrs. Congeniality. Sandra Bullock wed her tattooed beau Jesse James, the star of the Discovery Channel series Monster Garage, in a sunset ceremony Saturday at a ranch north of Santa Barbara, PEOPLE has learned.

Guests at the wedding confirm the pair were married at the 300-acre Folded Hills Ranch in Solvang, Calif. Bullock wore a white lace dress designed by Angel Sanchez. "She looked beautiful," one guest tells PEOPLE. "She was incredibly happy."

Bullock's rep, Cheryl Maisel, also confirmed the nuptials to PEOPLE.

James arrived at the ranch Saturday behind the wheel of a giant red monster truck. Most of the 300 guests, meanwhile, were shuttled to the ceremony from hotels in Santa Barbara 45 minutes away, but they weren't told a wedding was happening until around 8 p.m., after they had arrived.

The wedding itself was a family affair. Bullock walked down the aisle to a recording of her late mother, opera singer Helga Bullock, performing the aria "Casta Diva." And the actress's sister, Gesine Prado, made the cake.

For the wedding bands, Bullock's was a vintage ring provided by jeweler Neil Lane. James's ring was made by the Miss Congeniality star herself: Bullock learned how to do metal work, and then machined it in James's bike shop. The flowers were by Cecelia Heffernan of Flower Hardware.

Invitations to the nuptials suggested a "hoedown" theme: Guests danced to bluegrass music from the band Cousin Lovers, and other tunes were provided by DJ Tony Okungbowa from The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Bullock, who turns 41 on July 26, and James, 36, have been dating for more than a year, after meeting when she took her young godson on a tour of the Monster Garage set in Long Beach, Calif.

It's the first marriage for Bullock, who has been engaged before (to actor Tate Donovan) and previously linked romantically to actors Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Gosling.

James, who owns the custom-motorcycle company West Coast Choppers, has been divorced twice, most recently from adult-film actress Janine Lindemulder. But despite his born-to-be-wild past, the father of three young children comes across as "very low key, very quiet, almost shy," Miss Congeniality 2 director John Pasquin told PEOPLE in April.

Added producer Marc Lawrence: "He's similar to Sandy in that he's not looking for publicity."

Indeed, the couple have kept their romance low-profile, turning up vacationing in Hawaii, hitting a flea market in her home base of Austin and taking in a drag race near Las Vegas.

To Bullock, it's a custom-made match. Once, "I was a bolter," she told Vogue in March. "I would get so scared because my idea of marriage was not a very pleasant one. And now I look at it in a different way. I threw away what society's version of it was and I went, 'Why does it have to be anyone else's version but mine?'
Old 07-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

intresting! Thanks for the article
Old 07-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linn_lewisa
Wow! Celebrities that I thought would never settle down are actually doing it like Julia Roberts for example.

I know what you mean, I can't believe Paris Hilton is actually getting married and Nicole Richie for that matter...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Absolute Fan

I just realized a thing.. I can be a bit slow sometimes I know..
But It must have been weird for Sandra seeing Ryan and Rachel doing their MTV kiss and same thing for Nicole Kidman seeing Tom and Kate together.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but the past is the past you know...the only difference is, they might see their exes more often that if they weren't in the spotlight...I think it gets annoying when people, interviewers actually ask, how do you feel about Tom and Katie etc...they asked that of Tom's ex Mimi Rogers and it's like...leave her alone...
Old 07-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charupakornalicious
Yeah but the past is the past you know...the only difference is, they might see their exes more often that if they weren't in the spotlight...I think it gets annoying when people, interviewers actually ask, how do you feel about Tom and Katie etc...they asked that of Tom's ex Mimi Rogers and it's like...leave her alone...
It would get annoying. Interviewers should stop asking them about stuff like that.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

I know it's so invasive, I mean who wants to talk about their exes, especially if they were married and divorced or something...
Old 07-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charupakornalicious
I know it's so invasive, I mean who wants to talk about their exes, especially if they were married and divorced or something...
Totally agree. Everyone should be able to have privacy but I guess in a way by being a celebrity you kind of have to give some of that up but still they should have some.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

Well most celebs will tell you that when they got into the showbiz business they expected to give up some of their privacy, but questions that delve into past relationships that have been over for years is unecessary, rude, and I think just disrespectful. I mean they asked Mimi Rogers about her ex Tom Cruise when she was at some premiere for a movie, I mean what the hell does her past relationships have to do with her being at the premiere I just can't stand that,,,
Old 07-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Wow I didn't know that, how disrespectful to go there and ask her that.
That's why I understood when Angelina and Brad said that they didn't want to answer questions about their relationship while promoting their movie.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

leave celeb relationships alone!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_luver
leave celeb relationships alone!
Yep.