Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure that they are. I am so awaiting the day for a special release.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

we'll throw a party, when that day comes!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Indeed.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep. love parties.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Dropping by a few avatars ...

Preview:

Eighteen more for your viewing pleasure ...
Old 06-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Extreme Fan

^ Thanks for the avies, they're beautiful!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Very pretty!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks
Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Amazing work.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

just beauuuuuutiful!
Old 06-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I rewatched the notebook again and I just love Noah's character. he is really sweet.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Romance is Dead, Just Like My Soul
Confessions of a Mental Patient
By Andrew McCue
Oct 12 2006
Deckhead:
Confessions of a Mental Patient
I finally met Claire. Her first words were, “Wow, the picture in the paper doesn’t do your sculpted jaw justice.” I said, “I know.”

My older brother, Thurston, and I used to have a younger brother who was born with many deformities. Since our family was really rich and incredibly popular, my parents didn’t want anything to happen that could damage our hard-earned reputation. So they chained him to a pole in the attic where no one would know of him. Thurston and I would take turns bringing him food and water. He would often bite at my hands because he didn’t know the difference between them and the food. One day, I went to give him his dinner, and the chain had been broken — he was gone. I think about him sometimes.

Anyways, I wanted to use this column to warn you about a plague that has not only infested our campus but the entire nation. I am talking, of course, about the curse of The Notebook.

In case you haven’t seen the film, The Notebook is an enchanting tale of “true love.” A Romeo and Juliet of sorts, the film tells of two star-crossed lovers, bound by their undying passions yet separated by external forces. They eventually spend a lifetime together that ends tragically when Allie develops Alzheimer’s. The film’s addictive powers are due in large part to Ryan Gosling’s brute innocence and Rachel McAdams’ seductive — yet tasteful — charm. It is so awesome.

You may ask why The Notebook is so bad if I enjoyed it. Well, what if I told you that there was this thing that produced an unbelievable high for a few hours and then caused a lifetime full of pain? You would think that I was talking about drugs, but you would be wrong, dead wrong. I would be talking about The Notebook.

Whether you’re a boy or girl, the film will ruin your life. After someone watches The Notebook, he will think to himself, “Man, my relationship with my girlfriend is nowhere near what they have. I better break up with her so that I can find a girl like Allie.” And that is precisely what is so dangerous about the film — people try to have their real lives mirror it.
After girls watch the movie, they cry. They think that they will never find a guy like Ryan Gosling’s Noah, and they are right because no guy exists that will make your life perfect. I come pretty close, but I am just one man.

(As a side note: When you think about it, even if Noah were to exist in real life, no girl would want him. If a guy were to hang from the top of a ferris wheel pleading with a girl to go out with him, he would look like a needy loser. Plus, Noah is poor. True, he does have a beard that screams “take me now,” and he is such the free spirit because he eats pancakes at night, but no one likes a poor person.)

People admonish models for projecting images on young girls that makes them feel inferior, as if their bodies are not good enough. What about the film’s same effect on relationships? How come no one attacks Rachel McAdams for making men feel like their girlfriends suck? I can’t even date a girl who doesn’t paint or isn’t at a severe risk of developing Alzheimer’s.

And as I said before with the hanging on the ferris wheel, don’t even try to pull the moves in the film. I once said to a girl in a moment of extreme passion, “It wasn’t over; it still isn’t over,” and then I grabbed her face to kiss her. She kneed me and yelled, “Listen freak, I dumped you months ago. How is this not over?” We had something special.

Ultimately, the worst thing to happen to romance was the romantic movie. It polluted everyone with the notion that they needed to have an epical romance or else their lives weren’t complete. It also fooled everyone into believing that epical romances even existed. I am pretty sure that the greatest romance story to ever actually exist was between my mom and dad. And my mom’s first recollection of my dad was hearing that he was that freshman who passed out in a field using a rock as a pillow and didn’t make it to the fraternity dance.

You might see me as some cynical man who only writes this because I have had my heart broken one too many times. I have news for you: I don’t talk to girls anymore — I lift weights. Instead of having my heart broken, I break down the fibers in my muscles, so they only grow back stronger. If you don’t believe me, I’ll challenge any of you to a bench off. You name the time and place, and I’ll be there. Just get ready to be dominated!

Lastly, I wanted to give a shout out to my legion of fan — Behzad Varamini. This brave soul was the only one who had to courage to write me fan mail, not once but twice. He is also a not too shabby columnist for The Sun. Behzad, keep fighting the good fight … which is writing me fan mail. I need it. Seriously.

The Notebook also causes polio.

Romance is Dead, Just Like My Soul | The Cornell Daily Sun
Old 10-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was fun. thanks for posting. the NB causing polio? Truthful though in a way.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I pictures.

Thanks.