Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really? Awww that's too bad B. But I've never had it either so you're not alone.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Ryan's apparently not making The Good Heart anymore. He's connected to a couple new projects though:

Quote:
Ryan Gosling has signed on to star in his first film after dropping out of THE LOVELY BONES, an 80s love story/murder mystery titled ALL GOOD THINGS. Joining Gosling in the film is Kirsten Dunst who will play his love interest. The film starts off with the usual rich guy/poor girl love story that takes a startling turn when the girl winds up missing. I may be guessing at where the story turns from here but it sounds like the rich guy's family might have some involvement (i.e., "give that skanky girl a million bucks to leave our precious Johnny alone"). Making his feature directorial debut with the project is Andrew Jarecki (CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS) who also wrote the script with Marcus Hinchey and Marc Smerling. The news came out of Sundance where Dunst is promoting her directorial debut WELCOME. Filming is set to begin this April on the East Coast, primarily New York as the film is set in the city. Gosling was the subject of a hot rumor yesterday that he'd be taking over for Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan. Dunst has HOW TO LOSE FRIENDS AND ALIENATE PEOPLE on the way later this spring.

Gosling and Dunst are Good
I can't stand Kirsten Dunst. Sigh.

Ryan's also rumored to be the new Jack Ryan. It's odd, but I can see it.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awww. I like Kirsten. Thanks for the news.

Interesting Jack Ryan rumor.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm... interesting. Well I don't hate Kristen. I like her somewhat. I can sort of see Jack Ryan too.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

The only movies I've been able to stand her in have been the ones she's done with Sophia Coppola.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's like two movies then... Maybe Ryan being in it will take away from you not liking Kirsten assuming it pans out.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe. More shocking things have happened.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure of that. Keep an open mind B as you do like Ryan.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Seems like Ryan's got a project with Michelle Williams coming too apparently (although it may likely end up delayed, given what she's going through right now ).

Quote:
County Roundup
Morro Bay

Casting agents are seeking a local girl to play the daughter of characters to be portrayed by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams in a movie called “Blue Valentine,” set to film in the area this spring.

The casting team will hold an open casting call Feb. 3 at St. Timothy’s Catholic Church in Morro Bay.

The team is looking for a girl age 4-7 to play Frankie, who is outgoing and curious.

The role is described as a lead. No previous acting experience is required. Casting agents say they are looking for “real” rather than “cute.”

Auditioners don’t need to bring or prepare anything. The casting call is set to run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The church is at 692 Piney Way.

In the film, Frankie is the daughter of David and Cindy, played respectively by Gosling and Williams—both Oscar-nominated actors.

Gosling starred in “The Notebook,” “Fracture” and “Remember the Titans.” In 2001, he filmed “Murder by Numbers” in San Luis Obispo County with Sandra Bullock.

Williams appeared in “Brokeback Mountain” and starred on the television show “Dawson’s Creek.”

San Luis Obispo County�s website | 01/26/2008 | County Roundup
A sighting:

Quote:
I found myself at the Studio City In-N-Out for lunch today. As I'm getting in line, I spot Ryan Gosling sitting to the left eating a double-double. No, it wasn't protein style. I couldn't tell if he was eating fries, so I couldn't tell you if he's counting carbs. He was scruffy, wearing the non-working actor uniform of a flannel over a wife beater. His lunch date was a normal looking girl- I mean that as a compliment- she wasn't a Hollywood skank or looking like Ryan's fellow ex-Mickey Mouse Clubber Britney. He did most of the talking. An old man wished him luck on an Oscar win. I heard a few girls- they weren't really sure if it was him or not. He wasn't recognizable to most people in the joint. Ryan and the lady drove off in her red Chevy Cobalt sedan with Massachusetts plates.

Hollywood PrivacyWatch: The Return Of Kiefer Sutherland
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really? Yeah it will be delayed for sure. Michelle needs time. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

The movies sounds interesting and I think Ryan and Michelle will make a great co-stars! She does need time right now
Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully they can still make it, whenever she's ready.

Quote:
Ryan Gosling and Ellen Page have both been honoured at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.

Gosling was given the Independent Award Tribute for "significant and unique contribution to independent film." While his role in "Lars and the Real Girl" makes the award timely, his performances in indie flicks like "Half Nelson" and "The Slaughter Rule" collectively earned him the award.

Gosling, Page Honoured at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Old 01-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome!!! Yeah for Ryan

I do hope they make it as well but of course only when she feels like she can do it.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

for Ryan! I am so happy for him
Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is a scientific fact that the astonishingly talented actor Ryan Gosling causes one of two reactions in females: He either renders them speechless or makes them shriek uncontrollably. Waiting in the press line outside of the Lobero Theatre on Tuesday night, a gaggle of females with “The Notebook” in hand wailed “Ryan!” much to the chagrin of reporters, myself included. At merely 27, Ryan Gosling, the recipient of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s inaugural Independent Award, has accomplished much more than mere heartthrob status. But when I was confronted by Mr. Gosling himself, smiling a foot away from me in the press line, my mind drew a blank. With deep-set blue eyes, Gosling bears no resemblance to the often profoundly troubled characters he plays. He raised his eyebrows, awaiting my question, and I blurted, “Which presidential candidate do you support?” He squinted, looked confused, and said, “I don’t know.” And that was that.

Thankfully, Jenelle Riley of Back Stage West Reporter, who interviewed the actor in the Lobero in between clips of his eclectic, primarily independent films, was slightly more levelheaded. Riley said Gosling was the most “consistently compelling” actor working today, and asked about his fledgling days in the Mickey Mouse Club and the show “Young Hercules.” “This is actually a roast, isn’t it?” Gosling asked, as the crowd laughed uproariously. Though his acting talents are formidable, the soft-spoken Gosling proved that he also has excellent comedic timing and a winning sense of humility. “What’s my worst nightmare? Watching all my work in front of these nice people and then talking about it,” Gosling said, and he couldn’t have sounded more earnest.

During the interview, Gosling’s acting methods remained as mysterious as the chameleonic characters he plays, from a crack-addicted middle school teacher in Half Nelson, to the Jewish neo-Nazi in “The Believer.” “Are you a method actor?” Riley asked, to which Gosling responded, “No. You have to go to school for that.” Though Gosling’s acting gifts are plentiful, he was wittiest when telling colorful anecdotes about his life. When he was nominated for an Oscar in 2006, Gosling was looking through his window as he watched a man fly off his motorcycle into an intersection. “And there I was, watching this guy having the worst time in his life, and I was having the best time in mine,” he said.

Ryan Gosling’s career demonstrates a string of triumphs in very low-budget movies, and reveals his uncompromising drive to make films that remind people what art is supposed to be. Gosling’s only real commercial success came after playing a multitude of murderers and a neo-Nazi. Feeling ill, he went to the doctor, who wrote him a prescription to “make a romantic comedy,” so he made “The Notebook.” It’s not surprising that the film was successful, Gosling said, because “nothing I’m in makes money, and everything Rachel [McAdams] is in does.”

Though Gosling was clearly uncomfortable talking about his clips, his charisma and charm were apparent. He had total reverence for filmmaking, insisting, “Acting is weird, because you’re taking credit for everyone else’s hard work.” Despite Gosling’s almost painfully introverted artistic process, charisma seems to ooze out of his every pore. This push-pull duality creates a dynamic which, apparently, drives women nuts. When Riley asked what it was like acting with Anthony Hopkins in “Fracture,” Gosling said it was similar to how he felt at this moment. “Are you comparing me to Hannibal Lecter?” Riley asked. “No, but you look delicious,” Gosling responded. Riley beamed excitedly, did a giant thumbs-up at the audience and promptly forgot her place in the interview, which made me feel just a little bit better.
The Real Ryan - Daily Nexus