Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah! I want to see the final product too
Old 03-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Actor Ryan Gosling enlisted a dream analyst to help the stars of his directorial debut film How To Catch a Monster form their characters.

Saoirse Ronan, who stars in the film alongside Christina Hendricks, Eva Mendes and Matt Smith, reveals the expert instructed the actors to urge their subconscious to dream and then write down the details from their sleeping thoughts for discussion.

She tells Vulture.com, "(The letters would read), 'Dear inner self, if it is your will, reveal to me in a dream tonight what my character's relationship is to this other character.

"We would come in the next day to discuss our dreams with each other, and act them out. I'd tell Greta (the analyst), 'Listen, I don't know what this is, but I was doing this last night, and then this person popped up (in my dream),' and she'd make sense out of it.

"That was our rehearsal. It made us become very close. It was a very new method for me, because all of a sudden, Ryan was encouraging us to incorporate our own personalities into our characters, how you feel about things, what your anxieties are, and things like that."
Ryan Gosling hired dream analyst for directorial debut
Old 03-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oooh that is very interesting. Thanks for sharing B.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

This is called Lost River now (if you'd like to edit the title, Lina, please ). I kind of liked HtCaM, but oh well.

Quote:
Johnny Jewel, of Chromatics, Glass Candy, and more, has scored actor Ryan Gosling's upcoming directorial debut, Lost River. (The working title was How to Catch a Monster.)

Chromatics/Glass Candy's Johnny Jewel Scores Ryan Gosling's Directorial Debut, Premiering at Cannes | News | Pitchfork
First still:

Last edited by -Bianca-; 04-24-2014 at 10:14 PM
Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very intriguing!

I liked that HTCAM title too actually. Wonder why the change.

Will change the title now B.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

It's not bad, but Lost River just seems more generic to me.

Quote:
The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star has worked with Ryan on his directorial debut Lost River, which was filmed last year in Detroit.

Iain, 26, revealed: "That was great; one of the best experiences I've ever had. He's just a very down-to-earth person who really loves film, and that's an infectious thing to be around.

"It was a really free set; Ryan made sure we felt like we were a big part of the process of making the movie. He's someone who I've really looked up to, so to work with him every day and try out things with him, I definitely learned a lot. A fantastic experience."

The Scottish actor also revealed: " I play a character called Bones; he's part of a small family. Christina Hendricks plays the mother, and I've got a younger brother. The story centres on this young family and some other characters; there's a girl next door. There's part of it for my character where it's a coming-of-age story, but it's about how everyone has a monster which they're facing in their life for different reasons. It's kind of an urban fantasy."
Iain: Gosling so down-to-earth - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old 04-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds cool.

Agree Lost River is a bit generic. Doesn't say as much.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hollywood correspondent Anne Thompson reports that early word on the film suggests it's strongly influenced by Refn, and compares Gosling's debut to that of the winner of last year's best picture Oscar, Ben Affleck. Though Affleck cast himself in his two subsequent films as director, The Town and Argo, he gave his brother Casey the lead in 2007's Gone Baby Gone, freeing himself up to run things backstage. "Lost River is also mid-budget and mid-range ambition," says Thompson. "Affleck didn't put too much on the line his first time round. He was looking to show what he could do. And it paid off."
Ryan Gosling steps out of limelight for directorial debut at Cannes film festival | Film | The Guardian
Old 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that B.