Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fracture - A mystery thriller with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins. Ehhh, it's too early to tell how good I feel about it. The trailer showed nothing new. Trailer Rating = 7.0/10.0

411mania.com
Quote:
9. FRACTURE

(April 20)

Newly minted Oscar nominee Ryan Gosling portrays a lawyer convinced Anthony Hopkins got away with the murder of his wife. One of those cinematic games of cat and mouse ensues.

TorontoSun.com - Movies - Spring Movie Preview
New date?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
New date?
Yeah, I heard it was moved up a week.

michael/isabel
Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Probably trying to avoid another movie's opening, I'd guess.

Quote:
As I reported before, powerhouse performers Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling will next be seen in the film Fracture. Earlier reports about the film -- a psychological thriller concerning an Assistant DA (Gosling) struggling to keep the man who tried to kill his wife (Hopkins) behind bars -- only included a brief synopsis, details on the two stars and the film's director Gregory Hoblit. But now, thanks to the gang over at IGN, we've got a one-sheet and some stills from the film to look at too.

As they often do these days, the one-sheet features the faces of stars Hopkins and Gosling with Hopkins doing what can best be described as the "Hannibal Lecter come-hither look." In addition to the one-sheet, there's also the production stills from the film. In them, we get several images of both stars from various scenes in the film: Gosling confronting Hopkins in jail, Gosling staring purposefully into camera, Gosling confronting Hopkins' wife at an event, Gosling comforting his wife, etc. You get the idea.

I'm a big fan of Ryan Gosling and, on occasion, Anthony Hopkins too. So, I'm pretty sure the combination of these two actors and director Hoblit, who also has a great facility with these types of films, will lead to something good. Gosling was the best thing in the otherwise under-whelming Murder by Numbers and Hopkins was, of course, in Silence of the Lambs so this film should have all it needs to succeed. We'll find out if I'm right when the film gets released later this year.

One-Sheet For Hopkins/Gosling Thriller 'Fracture' Is Online - Cinematical
Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool poster.

I would think they were trying to avoid another opening I guess.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fracture is a very good film; Tony Hopkins is right in his power zone, Ryan Gosling really demonstrates to be the star of what he suggests he is in Half Nelson.

Bob Shaye Interview, The Last Mimzy - MoviesOnline
Old 03-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

More stuff has been added to the official website. Some WPs, character clips, what have you.

Me and this movie may get along well...
Old 03-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Such great pics. Wow I think that I may get along with this movie well as well.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Wonderful pics, Bianca! Thanks!

I just saw the preview for Fracture during American Idol.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you? What did you think of it?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

I caught it too! It was on the break right after the Sanjaya weekly disaster here.

I thought it wasn't great, but a decent teaser.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I caught it. I will definitely search for a clip.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fracture looks to be a fairly run-of-the-mill thriller, but I'm excited about it for three reasons: Anthony Hopkins, Ryan Gosling, and David Strathairn. Gosling plays an assistant DA with a gentle drawl who thinks he's got it easy when he's assigned to prosecute Ted Crawford (Anthony Hopkins), who has confessed to killing his wife.

But of course, the case isn't as easy as it looks on first glance. As Crawford tells the laywer: "If you look closely enough, you'll find everything has a big spot where it can break sooner or later." It's hard to tell what happens from there, which really makes me want to see Fracture when it comes out April 20. Director Gregory Hoblit proved with Primal Fear that he can churn out a very unpredictable courtroom drama, so maybe this one will be similar.

Movie Preview: Fracture | BuzzSugar
Old 03-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Mychael and Jeff Danna continue to forge their own successful careers as film composers, though occasionally they unite for a project. Such is the case with Gregory Hoblit’s forthcoming thriller Fracture which sees Anthony Hopkins play a man wrongly accused of murder and Ryan Gosling as the attorney who takes on a crusade for justice. The brothers Danna always make a good team as past projects such as Tideland and Green Dragon exemplified, so this should be a fine effort.

The film should hit screens late next month (April 20th in the US) with an album being released on iTunes shortly thereafter.

News - Music from the Movies
Fracture is one of the Times Dispatch's '25 Things To Do This Spring'