Interview with Carey.

Interview with Albert Brooks
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the interviews.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Source.

There's so many [well-done] fan made posters and art for this, that I'm finding around.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

ooh was the movie good? i def wanna see the movie! ryan looks so hot in the movie!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:40 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
ooh was the movie good? i def wanna see the movie! ryan looks so hot in the movie!
It is really good movie saw it in Helsinki International Film Festival Never have seen this type role from Ryan before. Do see it its 5 stars And he really does look good
Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

I saw it last night and I echo Merja: it's fantastic.

As much as I love him, I kind of thought Ryan was kind of talking out of his butt a bit with the whole "violence of feminity" and "violent John Hughes movie" stuff, but after watching it, I totally got it -- that's exactly how the film feels. Maybe it was the music.

It's not for everyone, as the pacing is very 'arthouse' in the first half (which annoyed some people in my theater and then they annoyed me with their bitching) and the second half has some extreme violence, but it's brilliant for what it is and Ryan is killer -- literally and figuratively -- in his role. Albert Brooks should be a total shoo-in for a supporting Oscar nom too.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait to see this movie
Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
New Fan

Hey Girls!!

I watched "Drive" last week and let me tell you, it was a roller coaster of emotions. Not really what I expected, and that's why it took me some time to process my thoughts and feelings on it.., but Ryan was Amazing in this..his subtle acting coupled with the very subtle plot and subplots haunts you, I went out of this film with lots of thoughts in mind that needed to be developed and interpreted ,it definitely requires a second viewing,...It's not your typical movie with a lot of dialogue or an explicit background story, so you don't have that additional information to help you understand the movie,..but like a fairytale, you have the archetypes, the symbols, the evil characters( in a category of their own), good and evil as represented between characters and within each one of them, the body language ( between Ryan & Carey) to give you hints about why characters are acting in a certain way, but it also makes you think, why wouldn't they act in a different way, especially when we "conventionally" think they should,..(as it is the case towards the end of the movie ,..I wouldn't say what it is 'coz I don't wanna spoil it to anyone )...
People at the movie theater seemed to like it, they laughed at a couple of scenes which weren't that funny like the very violent ones,..but as Ryan once said : Refn is soo good at portraying violence that it's very realistic and gory, but also cartoonish in the way it turns out to be,..The performance of Albert Brooks definitely deserves a nomination for best actor in a supporting role, I also liked Bryan Cranston a lot, I've never watched "Breaking Bad" or anything he was in before, so that was a pleasant surprise, such a tremendous actor,..Carey was very good for the role of Irene, I could easily imagine her as the princess locked in a tower in a fairytale-ish setting,..I have to go back to Ryan's performance,because I can't really find the right words to describe it,..it's different from everything he's done before in my opinion, at least in the beginning, when he's this loner tough guy, we, as audience, know nothing about him, so we can't assume he's autistic or a sociopath or thr tough guy with a good heart,,..but one thing got confirmed through the movie is that he's not materialistic, and is definitely psychotic, as his own emotions mislead him to "confusing fiction with reality" and thinking he can be that action hero he is in his films not that it is a conscious choice of his,..interestingly enough, the escalation of events brought out of him unconsciously the monster/hero he wants to be/ ends up becoming,...The elevator scene is unbelievable, as towards the end of it, it reveals his psychosis without him being aware of it,..and he himself is shocked by it,.. I was on the verge of tears in so many of the scenes,...('coz they were very well done, that you get emotionally enthralled by what you're watching) and Ryan's forte's just that: He's great at channeling raw emotions,..because he immerses himself soo much and soo hard in his roles that he makes you feel like you're part of it,..The film is highly stylized, the music asserts the choice of Ryan and Nicolas of making a movie that's the anti-thesis of anything representing macho-violent action, so no modern rock music at all , instead, what we had was 80's pop ,.. As for the themes explored in the movie, I can write about them all night long,..but what I loved most about "Drive" is its smart use of symbols & archetypes, with a plot that is not supported by a lot of dialogue that explains it and limits it for that matter,..On the contrary, it allows for as many interpretations as possible,..The acting was again outstanding, the actors made you each either care and root for their character, feel bad for them, or hate them,..Bottom line,..go watch this movie,..think about it, and watch it again,..you'll love it more once you made connections between the allusions Ryan and Nic talk about in their account on the movie, how "Driver" operates and feels at times,..and how he got caught up in a cycle of violence that he didn't plan for in the first place,..Okay, I gotta stop here, hope you'll like the movie! and I'd love to discuss it with you girls who have watched it!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 PM
New Fan

Ryan Gosling and Jessica Chastain have lasting star power: Critic's Notebook - latimes.com

A Great Article about Ryan and Jessica Chastain as the two leading actors of their generation, they compare their movie choices, and there's a special mention of Ryan in "Drive" as opposed to Jessica in "Tree of Life"... Man! I love both of them and it would be surreal to have them co-star in a movie together, that's major acting power there, equivalent to him and Michelle...Jessica will be working on a new Terrence Malick film,..and Ryan is in negotiations to join one, so I'm really hoping it's the same one
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

If you thought Cranston was good this, you should give Breaking Bad a try -- he's consistently the best actor on TV in that role (IMO, at least).

I agree with a lot of what you said. To add to it/tangent a bit, given what Ryan and Refn are clearly 'about' together, it left me wondering if perhaps Logan's Run is a mistake for them to take on. Regardless of what WB says, they'll have to sacrifice creatively to make that type of film and if they don't, I don't see how it would ever make back the production budget it would require, given how mass audiences generally think.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for those.

I totally agree with what you all said about Ryan and the film.

Glad you finally got to see it B.

True true about Logan's run. We'll have to see I guess.