Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Blue Valentine: Because We're Not Blue That Ryan's Working Again. *Minor Spoilers*

Casting in Honesdale is on Monday for this.

Last edited by -Bianca-; 04-09-2009 at 09:33 PM
Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting it B. I adore the title!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread, I'm glad Ryan's finally working again
Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'll care about quality once this actually starts filming and just the happiness that he's doing something we'll be able to see isn't enough

...though after he wraps this, watch, he won't make another film for over a year again.

An article about the casting call in PA for this.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:58 AM
New Fan

Yeah... i hear ya... what's wrong with him? He's not getting any younger... (i'm not getting any younger!) he needs to put his a$$ in gear and start working more. Any ideas on how to entice him into "chain-movie-making"? (Instead of chain smoking.... ok, I know it's not that bad.. but i wish he'd quit already... no matter how good he looks with one of those in his mouth... it's a filthy habit)
Old 04-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, All I want right now is that he really actually finishes making this movie. I know he's not going to do another movie for a long time. This is when I wish he wasn't as picky about his movies.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Totally agreed on the smoking thing. It's gross, even if it sometimes look, uh, good in photos.

Maybe something musical or playing a musician could entice him to double on his film projects this year? It could semi-fill the DJing/DMBs void, to keep him going...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A two-hour wait didn’t dissuade many from their chance at the silver screen.
“Tinseltown” is coming to Wayne County for the feature film Blue Valentine, a romantic comedy, starring Michelle Williams of Dawson’s Creek fame and Ryan Gosling, of The Notebook.
And a few local faces may get their moment with the stars.
An open casting call was held on Monday at the Wayne County Visitor’s Center, with hundreds turning out.
No acting experience was necessary - just a little gusto.
Rocco Chierichella, of Brooklyn, NY, happened to be visiting his family in Lackawaxen for Easter, when he heard about the casting call.
“I had no idea until I came up here,” said Chierichella, a 2003 Wallenpaupack High School graduate, who has quite an extensive resume in film, television and theater. “They should have been shooting movies here, years ago.”
He was trying to land the role of “Bobby Ontario”, a 20-something athletic wrestler and former boyfriend of Williams’ character, or “Curtis”, who is a friend of Gosling’s character in the movie.
Rose Middaugh, of Honesdale, hoped she would get a second chance at Hollywood, after being selected as an extra for the 1986 movie, “Playing for Keeps”, which was partly filmed in Bethany and Hawley.
“I’m an out of work actress,” she said with a laugh.
As for the long line, with some people waiting at least two hours, Middaugh said this casting call had a much higher turnout than the 1980’s film “Playing for Keeps”, which was held at the former Capitol Theater in Honesdale.
“We didn’t have anything like this,” she said.
Some came from nearby: Cherry Ridge, Lords Valley, Pike County; and Peckville, Lackawanna County.
Others came from as far away as Syracuse, NY.
Miranda Besecker, 14, and Jenna Morgan, 13, arrived from Dallas, Luzerne County to give it their best and perhaps hit it big.
Miranda said she was trying out “just for fun.”
Morgan was inspired to make the trip to Honesdale by Gosling’s role in The Notebook.
“The best movie ever, I just balled my eyes out,” she said.
Filming for Blue Valentine is expected to begin this month. Some shooting locations will be in Wayne County, according to filmmakers.

Hundreds line up for bit of stardom - Honesdale, PA - Wayne Independent
Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, cool. Lots of people lining up.

Hm.. B- Maybe something musical could entice him depending if he wants to sort of separate the music and acting.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ryan Gosling helps New
Yorkers move
Gosling spent the day working with
Steinway Movers
Updated: Monday, 04 May 2009, 8:39 AM EDT

By ANTHONY BARTKEWICZ, special contributor
NEW YORK - Oscar-nominated actor Ryan Gosling takes researching a role seriously. To help prepare for his role as a mover in the upcoming movie "Blue Valentine," Gosling spent Friday in New York City's East Village working with a moving company helping New Yorkers move .

• See photos of Ryan Gosling working with Steinway Movers at Jeremiah Moss' Flickr photostream

According to the blog Jeremiah's Vanishing New York , Gosling spent the day working with Steinway Movers -- in uniform.

Gosling was recognized and greeted by a longtime neighborhood resident named Susan, who presented him with a bouquet of pink roses. Gosling posed for photos with the woman and asked "We didn’t disturb you here, did we?" before returning to his moving work.

Production of "Blue Valentine" was initially scheduled to begin in February, but was postponed after the death of star Michelle Williams' partner, Heath Ledger, People reports . The movie cross-cuts between time periods to tell the story of a young couple facing marital difficulties as one of them becomes successful.

Ryan Gosling helps New Yorkers move
Flickr: jeremoss' stuff tagged with ryangosling
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that
Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

I wonder what it is about!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Michelle on set.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing. They should have a pic of Ryan moving boxes haha.