Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

Screeches wildly. I love True Detective so much, I WOULD BE SO DOWN FOR THIS.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

I haven't watched it yet - still on my endless to-watch-list - but it does sound like an interesting part for Rachel if they are going for female leads
Old 02-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

It's really well-written and interesting and the acting is good, so I think it would be great! I love that a lot of film stars are doing TV shows now as well, the quality of TV is rising in a lot of ways and that's exciting! I'd love seeing Rachel on my screen every week!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you Amanda, but I would prefer it if she did a mini series or making a recurring part. Not a full season with 20-24 episodes. I think I just prefer seeing Rachel in movies. But like you said, the TV parts are getting more interesting. I would love to see Rachel develop a TV character.

Also for me it's always so difficult to keep a TV series running and it's always kind of a risk to sign on to a TV project because you don't know what the script is going to be like the next week. But I agree, would love to see Rachel on my TV every week but I still prefer seeing her in movies.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

In my experience it's the 13-episode shows that are generally better quality. I can't say that for all of them because I think Scandal is a full 24ish-episode show and Kerry Washington is PHENOMENAL in that, but just in general. Like House of Cards and The Following and I think True Detective and definitely American Horror Story. I think those would be pretty safe, but I do agree that maybe a recurring character rather than a main character would be better.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I probably don't watch or have watched enough series to judge but for me a lot of series go down hill after one or two seasons. But I can't really imagine Rachel signing on for multiple seasons when she does a series. I mean she is already hesitant to sign on to movies (if the reports about it are true).

I think when she signed on to Slings & Arrows she only signed on for one season but agreed to came back for the first episode of S2. Slings & Arrows is probably one of my favorite Rachel projects and like I said before would love to see Rachel portray a character development in a series
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I remember seeing or reading an interview that said something about how Slings & Arrows was only meant to be a mini-series at ALL, like not at all a three-season thing, so I think everyone probably only signed on for one at first. But I agree, it's one of my favorite of her projects too, the writing is just so good. So I think it would be amazing to see what she could do with plenty of time to evolve a characterlksjdf.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Vulture lists Rachel as one of the actresses who should be lobbying for the lead of True Detective season 2

Quote:
True Detective: 8 Actresses Who Should Be Lobbying for the Lead
Yesterday, we learned that the new season of True Detective will feature three leads, not two, a revelation that had the meme mill working overtime. But if you've been hoping that the California-set season two would offer parts for women as juicy as the ones Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson played in season one, you may need to readjust your expectations: Rumor has it that two of the leads will be men, and only one — a detective in her thirties — will be a woman. Jessica Chastain has already turned that role down , but her loss will be someone else's gain, because there are plenty of women in Hollywood who could use the career boost that last season gave McConaughey. Here are eight actresses who should their agents pronto.

2. Rachel McAdams
A while back, there was a two-year stretch when Rachel McAdams was ascending assuredly to the A-list: In spring of 2004, she put out two instant classics in The Notebook and Mean Girls, and in 2005, she showed range in projects as diverse as Wedding Crashers, Red Eye, and The Family Stone. The industry was friggin' psyched about Rachel McAdams … but then, after an ill-timed sabbatical, four years went by before she starred in another wide-release movie. Four years! Her career has never quite recovered from the abrupt brake-pumping — she's stuck playing love interests instead of leads — but True Detective could be just the thing to reinvigorate it.
True Detective: 8 Actresses Who Should Be Cast -- Vulture
I so agree with them!!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

I was just going to post this!! I love it SO MUCH and I agree too and I WANT HER TO DO IT TRUE DETECTIVE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS *SCREAMS*
Old 06-02-2014, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Another article that pairs Rachel with Lupita:
Quote:
As we wait for the next season of True Detective to arrive, fans everywhere are trying to figure out who the best pairings for the new season. We know that there will be three lead roles, but there is still hope that the two detective roles will be filled by female characters as it’s the least we can do for having the characters of the female persuasion so drastically underwritten in the first season.

The list of possible pairings are endless, but if we’re going to go big we might as well go real big and pairing together Lupita Nyong’o and Rachel McAdams could end up being brilliant.

For Nyong’o, the show could be her first major step to a long career — not that she’s not already on that trajectory. But we’ve seen Oscar winners get swallowed up by the moment and they sometimes fade away quicker than they otherwise should. No one is expecting that for Nyong’o but a hit role on a hit show would only mean good things for her Oscar follow up.

On the other side of things is Rachel McAdams, who has been looking for that one breakout role her whole career but hasn’t yet found it. She has leading lady looks and top billing talent but she always finds her way into films that just don’t make her pop the way she’s capable of doing.

We’d also kill two birds with one stone, as if two white actresses are cast then the diversity of the show will become a huge problem — rightfully so. We saw black characters in season one but not in a prominent role or one that was there for anything other than the advancement of the story. Nyong’o is Oscar winning talent so to not fully tap into that and use it for True Detective would be an absolute waste.

What do you think of Rachel McAdams and Lupita Nyong’o as True Detectives in season 2? Sound off in the comments section below and let your opinion be heard.
True Detective Pairings: Lupita Nyong'o and Rachel McAdams
I agree with everything they say in the Rachel paragraph. I didn't even really want this for Rachel because I'm not sure she even wants to commit to a series but now I can't help but think that this would be PERFECT for her. I mean it's probably only for one season and it's already a acclaimed series.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, and I'm not sure how many episodes they'd do but the first season was only eight and she and Lupita would be so dynamic together and I WANT IT SO BAD.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Since the pilot season is about to start again I thought it might be fun to discuss any of the upcoming or maybe current series you would like to see Rachel part of? As regular, recurring or as guest star
Old 09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
New Fan

I would like for her to be on American Horror Story or like a greys anatomy episode or even a modern family type. Im wanting some true detective
Old 09-06-2014, 04:15 AM
Addicted Fan

AHS is a great idea! It's such an amazing tv show
Old 09-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

I do really love me some AHS and I actually would love for her to work with Jessica Lange again.