Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Yes! Looks like the movie found an US distributor:
Quote:
IFC Films announced today that the company is acquiring U.S. rights to Wim Wenders‘ Every Thing Will Be Fine. Wim Wenders‘ film, with a screenplay by Bjørn Olaf Johannessen, stars James Franco, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Rachel McAdams, Marie-Josée Croze, Robert Naylor, Patrick Bauchau and Peter Stormare.

Every Thing Will Be Fine was produced by Gian-Piero Ringel and executive produced by Jeremy Thomas, Hussain Amarshi, Erwin M. Schmidt and Vince Jolivette.

The film will make its North American Premiere at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival in the Masters section. IFC Films will release the film on December 4, 2015.

In this 3D drama, a tragic car accident links the lives of a struggling writer (Franco), his long-suffering girlfriend (McAdams), a grieving mother (Gainsbourg) and a publisher (Croze).

“We are thrilled to once more be working with Wim Wenders – a legendary filmmaker who brings great sensitivity to all his work. In Every Thing Will Be Fine, he delivers a compelling and beautifully shot examination of grief,” says Jonathan Sehring, President of Sundance Selects/IFC Films. Sundance Selects/IFC Films previously released two of Wenders’ past films including Pina (2011) and Land Of Plenty (2004).

The deal for the film was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, SVP of Acquisitions and Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films, with HanWay Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
James Franco, Rachel McAdams 3D Drama 'Every Thing Will Be Fine' Sells to IFC Films
Old 09-03-2015, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!! I doubt it'll be a wide release, buuut fingers crossed!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm, interesting. Looks like Rachel might attend an after party tonight:

Quote:
Ready to rub elbows with Hollywood's elite? I'm sending one lucky reader (and a guest) to an official @tiff_net after party at the historic Campbell House this Friday. A little birdie tells me James Franco, Rachel McAdams and a few other special guests will make an appearance. This is a flash giveaway so you have just over a day to enter on the blog!
https://instagram.com/p/7a8JABJNsn/
Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

And Iiiiii don't think she went there. I'm seeing a bunch of stuff on instagram about Mongrel? Unless that's where THAT party was. Who knows!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

First photos of Rachel from the premiere with Wim Wenders

Actress Rachel McAdams and di... | Celebrities | FirstLook Celebrity Photos

I couldn't see any photos of James Franco though.

Her dress is awesome on the sides!

For other pics:
Rachel McAdams at TIFF Everything Will Be Fine Premiere - September 11

Last edited by amanda s.; 09-12-2015 at 04:04 AM Reason: Resized images and merge posts.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Thank you so much for sharing, Laleb! If you post close together, try using the "edit message" link in the bottom right hand corner of your post so you can just add information to your original message so we don't have double posts, and if you post photos, try uploading them to imgur.com and pressing the "edit image" so you can resize them! The forum rules don't allow them to be too big, WHICH IS UNFORTUNATE, BECAUSE SHE IS AN ANGEL UP CLOSE LIKE THAT.

What a legend, I am LOVING that dress, Rob and Mariel seriously never fail to amaze me. I don't know anything about stylists but they've got to be the best of the best for they way they dress our girl. James Franco didn't attend, which is fine, I prefer Rachel all day every day. Thank you so much for posting!
Old 09-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

She looked absolutely amazing last night. I want her hair

Red carpet photos of Rachel hugging her co-stars, directors and crew members always make me smile:

Added more here: Sep 11 | 2015 Toronto International Film Festival - "Every Thing Will Be Fine" Premiere - Rachel McAdams Online Gallery
Old 09-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for editing those posts for me, Amanda! I knew I'd mess it up if I tried to post a picture and I did! But I couldn't resist when I saw her dress from the premiere, I just had to share it with you guys

I wonder where Franca was though. He was supposed to attend the premiere, wasn't he? It was reported that he would. Weird. Anyway, Rachel was the star of the night in my opinion too
Old 09-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

If James Franco's schedule is still has busy as while he was filming ETWBF I wouldn't be surprised if there was a scheduling conflict. I remember when he was filming this movie, he often flew to LA and New York just for the weekend or even a day to do other things and then returned to Montreal.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Interesting new quote of Rachel about working with Wenders:

Quote:
For those who have seen Wender’s brooding dramas, the scenery—and the framing—of these photographs will be familiar. The director’s films are filled with sweeping shots influenced by his love of photography and art.

The solitary figures in Edward Hopper paintings influenced his 1987 film “Wings of Desire,” which is running in a large retrospective of his films currently touring the U.S. And for his new film “Every Thing Will Be Fine,” due out in December, Wenders and cinematographer Benoît Debie studied Andrew Wyeth’s work every day for two hours. The pair used the sparse paintings as inspiration as they sought to find a subtle style to depict the film’s emotionally fraught plot, which focuses on the aftermath of a car accident that leaves a child dead and the driver, James Franco, in a downward spiral.

He would place James and me in various spots and ask us to hold our poses for several seconds while he filmed,” says Rachel McAdams, who plays Franco’s girlfriend. “I’ve never been asked to do that in my whole career.
Director Wim Wenders Looks for America in New Art Exhibition - Speakeasy - WSJ
Old 09-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Interesting for sure! Thanks for sharing that, Lindsey, that's kind of cool.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

It really is Interesting method of working for sure!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

I don't think this was posted here:
Old 03-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Loved the video and watched it too!
Old 03-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

It's always so interesting to hear Rachel talk in-depth about a movie