Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

I love that it did that too, what a cool thing to be a part of!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

I think that local media is reporting that Rachel will attend the premiere in Japan:
Quote:
"The Notebook" actress Rachel McAdams, such as "About Time" (37), won the Award and the screenplay award at the 88th Annual Academy Awards "spotlight Century scoop" in accordance with the Japanese premiere of (April 15 published), it was revealed that fulfill Japan.

According to the distributor, it is the first the time that Rachel is visiting Japan for the film promotion. Attracted overwhelming support from the same generation of women in the performance of "The Notebook", "About Time", the most sexy lingerie fashion brand in 2015, "Victoria's Secret" choose "What is Sexy? List" such as to be elected to such an actress, only her to collect popular from a broad range, it is also likely to be the trend is great attention in Japan. Guests addition to respond to coverage of various media, to the public the day after the April 16, perform the stage greeting at TOHO Cinemas Date drama is one of the theaters.
レイチェル・マクアダムス、初来日が決定!アカデミー賞作品賞『スポットライト』 - シネマトゥデイ
Above is via Google Translate, so not sure but this account seems to confirm it (and the person is from Japan):
Old 04-06-2016, 05:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! Finally some good news! I'm not sure if Rachel's been to Japan before but even if she has, I'm sure she's going to enjoy this trip immensely I hope we can see lots of photos and videos. I think it's going to be an awesome visit considering the fan base About Time has got there
Old 04-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

So excited that she's doing something now! YES!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

I think this might be related to the Japanese premiere:
Old 04-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm super excited for this! Kayleen posted a snap on a flight to Tokyo so this must be a done deal So glad that Rachel is going to attend the premiere!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Looks like she will attend a Q&A panel tomorrow:
Old 04-13-2016, 10:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm thrilled that she's down there to promote Spotlight Looks like she's going to spend a couple of days there and she's got Kayleen with her, too, which is always amazing I hope Kayleen posts something either on Instagram or Snapchat
Old 04-14-2016, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

At the Tokyo press conference yesterday:

Quote:
Rachel McAdams, the actress who portrayed a Boston Globe reporter in the Oscar-winning "Spotlight," believes journalists should be praised as "unsung heroes," although nothing is easy about their jobs except for the frumpy clothes they get to wear.

"It really is a dying art, and not for the faint of heart either," she told reporters in Tokyo Thursday. "They keep institutions on their toes and keep people accountable."

"Spotlight," directed and written by Tom McCarthy, depicts how newspaper reporters uncovered how dozens of priests in the Archdiocese of Boston had molested and raped children for decades, while church higher-ups covered it up and shuffled abusive priests from parish to parish.

The film, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture and Best Screenplay, opens in Japan Friday. The cast includes Mark Ruffalo and Micheal Keaton.

McAdams acknowledged that when she first read the script she wasn't sure anyone would come to see the film because it lacked the cinematic flash associated with blockbusters. McAdams, who also starred in "The Notebook" and "Southpaw," was happy it brought out crowds.

"People were interested in seeing something that was just about the truth, that is the story that needed to be told, and gave voice to the voiceless," she said.

McAdams worked closely with the reporter she portrayed, the Pulitzer-winning Sacha Pfeiffer, to build her character.

She saw that reporters have a hard job because they never know if they will get a story, the hours are long, they rarely get encouragement and pressures are high from powerful interests.

The one good thing about the job is that you can put on a pair of pants and a T-shirt like "a uniform" every day, and not have to think about clothes, she said, appearing at the Foreign Correspondents' Club in an elegant mini-dress splashed with colorful flowers.

"I liked that about playing this character. She was comfortable, which is not usually what actresses are," she said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/oscar-win...terfeed&ref=gs
Old 04-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

She is seriously the most beautiful thing. Looking forward to seeing her at the premiere!!
Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Full press conference video:
Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

That mid-length peach dress was amazing! I instantly fell in love with it. Neither Rob nor Mariel mentioned it on Instagram though. I want to know from what brand it is so bad!

Other than that, she looked so good in all three dresses she chose for this tour. That floral patterned dress at the conference was awesome, too. I'm so glad that she got this opportunity to promote the movie there. Besides, it's always a plus when she's traveling around the world Kayleen Kayleen seemed to have lots of fun on her Snapchat so I assume Rachel did too
Old 04-18-2016, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

At the Japanese premiere:
Old 04-18-2016, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

She looks amazing! And it's so cute and funny that she's so much bigger there when we know how small she is as a person.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Spotlight did solid in the Japanese box office:
Quote:
Local anime take the No. 1 and 2 spots in their debuts, while 'Batman v. Superman' spends its fourth weekend in the top five.

Academy Award-winner Spotlight opened at No. 7 in its limited release in Japan, grossing a strong ¥88 million ($813,000) over three days and $628,000 on Saturday and Sunday from 109 screens. This is a solid if unexceptional start for the film, which despite its Oscars, deals with a story largely unfamiliar to Japanese audiences.

Local analysts predict a final cume of around $4.6 million.

Rachel McAdams was in Japan last week to promote the film, released locally as Spotlight Seki no Scoop (Scoop of the Century) about journalists who exposed the cover-up of sexual abuse of children by Roman Catholic priests. McAdams, who plays Sacha Pfeiffer, a member of The Boston Globe’s Pulitzer Prize-winning Spotlight investigative team, spoke at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan, where she described journalists as "unsung heroes" and described reporting as "a dying art and not for the faint of heart."
Japan Box Office: 'Spotlight' Does Strong Business in Limited Debut - Hollywood Reporter
I think if it will indeed make amount the 4.6M it might hit another milestone world wide: It will pass the 90M mark