Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2016, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

It's really getting down to the wire here and I'm so NERVOUS.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Variety critic Guy Lodge thinks Rachel should win the Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars

Quote:
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Rachel McAdams, “Spotlight.” Okay, this was a tricky one. I believe Rooney Mara gives, by several country miles, the most affecting, expressive and technically immaculate performance in this category. But by no stretch of the imagination is it a supporting turn: As the principal eyes, ears and heart of “Carol,” Mara has a scale of canvas to paint on that secondary characters simply can’t match, and to capitulate to the studio’s dishonest strategy is simply unfair. (Ditto another leading lady in the field, “The Danish Girl’s” Alicia Vikander.) Which actress, then, did the most for her film from the sidelines? In this field, I’d say McAdams, whose tacit empathy, focus and listening skills assist — support, even — some of the most riveting thespian exchanges in Tom McCarthy’s well-knitted ensemble piece. Written off as a “coattail nominee” by some, she does exactly the kind of smart, selfless acting at the edges that this category was made for.
Oscars 2016: Who Should Win According to Variety Critics | Variety

EDIT: Another piece where it says Rachel should win and it's on Time.

Quote:
Should win: McAdams is superb as a diligent, compassionate reporter. But because Spotlight is widely considered to be an ensemble film, she’s likely to be overlooked.
http://time.com/4233141/oscars-2016-.../?xid=tcoshare

Last edited by Laleb; 02-24-2016 at 01:50 PM
Old 02-25-2016, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the news! It makes me happy she got these nice shout-outs

Vanity Fair & Barney's New York dinner was last night:
Old 02-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sam Smith loved 'Spotlight':

Quote:
Which of this year’s nominees are you rooting for?
One hundred million percent my favorite film, and I just think it should win everything, was “Spotlight.” I’ve never, ever in my life been in a cinema and felt so uncomfortable and affected by a film like that. I’ve never had that experience before in my life. I really, really hope that goes home with some awards. I thought it was absolutely incredible.

Sam Smith on Oscar Nom, Bond Song and Loving ‘Spotlight’ | Variety
Old 02-26-2016, 06:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the update, Lis That's so nice to hear I loved his photos with Rachel from the other night

Toronto Life has ranked 25 performances of Rachel: Rachel McAdams' 25 best performances, ranked | Toronto Life

EDIT: Look at this Oscar nominee on The Academy's official account

Last edited by Laleb; 02-26-2016 at 06:16 AM
Old 02-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Aw, great quote from Sam Smith I wonder if he also gushed about About Time to Rachel, since he also tweeted about that one

Thanks for the article and tweet. A great column by Sacha on Spotlight:

Old 02-27-2016, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

I'm really loving all this attention our girl is getting right now.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Michael and Mark will present at today's Spirit Awards: http://www.spiritawards.com/presenters/ - Spotlight will receive the Robert Altman Award for "the film's director, casting director and ensemble cast"

Great new podcast interview with Sacha:
Old 02-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Piers Morgan tweeted:

Old 02-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

So proud that Rachel has been a part of this movie. Thanks Lis

Spotlight swept up at Film Independent Awards last night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BSzCK5DNHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FEM_IrIJ2w&app=desktop

This award season has been a blast. I'm very happy and grateful that Rachel has got the chance to be such a big part of it I still can't believe sometimes that she's got nominated for an Oscar! What a tremendous ride it has been with Spotlight since TIFF. Part of me wants this award season never to end because it's been great for Rachel And another part of me is looking forward to seeing her next projects May this Oscar nomination be the first of many to come for her Best of luck to our girl and Spotlight tonight at the Oscars!

Last edited by Laleb; 02-28-2016 at 07:11 AM
Old 02-28-2016, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Congrats on the cast & crew for winning Best Feature, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Editing and Robert Altman Award last night! I'm so proud and excited that they won every award they got nominated for!!

Happy Oscars Day Everyone! Fingers crossed for tonight!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry for the second post in the same thread on the same day but it's a very special day Kayleen gave a short phone interview about being Rachel's makeup artist this award season - I've been waiting for this for a long time and wish it were a duo interview with Rachel but it's still great to read her take about this special award season

Welcome to the McAcademy Awards - Toronto Star Touch
Old 02-28-2016, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Rachel went to an Oscar party a few days ago:

From Vanity Fair's Oscar party:

Quote:
kristasmith: Night two.... Celebrating #spotlight with @vanityfair @barneysnyyofficial
More pics from the Independent Spirit Awards:

Quote:
mrwillwong: So cool seeing #RachelMcAdams at the #IndependentSpiritAwards. Congrats #SpotlightMovie on their big splash! Good luck to them tomorrow night at the #Oscars! #xoTO #AcademyAwards

Quote:
altello: The cast of Spotlight backstage at today's #indiespirit awards. Everyone pray for more good news at the oscars tomorrow ������ @filmindependent #rachelmcadams #michaelkeaton #markruffalo

Quote:
vikavickyvictoria: #rachelmcadams awaits her chariot #spiritawards

Quote:
betopachecopr: @luizbueno1 fiz para voce bebe #rachelmcadams ������������������ #spiritbypiaget #spotlight

Quote:
betopachecopr: #regram @glamourbrasil O filme dela ganhou!!! Tem que ver sim!!! #spotlight ������������������������������������ #spiritbypiaget
Oscar stand-in actor:

Maria Shriver supporting 'Spotlight':

Last edited by lis7; 02-28-2016 at 02:34 PM
Old 02-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Guys I'm so emotional right now - I didn't want to go to sleep before hitting here Even though Rachel lost Best Supporting Actress, I'm BEYOND HAPPY that Spotlight won the Best Picture!!!! This is everything! I'm so proud of her, so happy for her - she's in a Best Picture Oscar winner movie now! I'm just so thrilled that it's like I myself won an Oscar So happy for you and love you so much Rachel! God knows you and Spotlight crew deserved it! Enjoy it all you can now
Old 02-29-2016, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Beyond excited and proud for the Best Picture win!!