Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

More pictures from DGA:

Quote:
tymob38: Met a few favorites tonight at the DGA awards! #rachelmcadams #angelabassett #meangirls #reginageorge #americanhorrorstory #sofetch

Quote:
pyaganti1: This one is for my #babbydaddy who spent the day chasing two toddlers around like the amazing daddy he is. #hiscelebritycrush #rachelmcadams @mateihorvath
Old 02-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the updates, guys!

The Oscars Luncheon is today! Rachel is expected to attend:
Quote:
More than 150 Oscar® nominees will come together at noon on Monday, February 8, at the Beverly Hilton when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences honors this year’s Oscar contenders at its annual Nominees Luncheon.

Among the Lead Actor and Actress nominees, Bryan Cranston, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brie Larson, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlotte Rampling, Eddie Redmayne and Saoirse Ronan are expected to attend the pre-Oscars® event. Supporting Actor and Actress nominees Christian Bale, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Rooney Mara, Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo, Sylvester Stallone and Alicia Vikander also will join in the celebratory lunch.

All five nominees in the Directing category – Lenny Abrahamson, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Tom McCarthy, Adam McKay and George Miller – are expected to attend as well.
OSCAR® NOMINEES TO BE HONORED AT ACADEMY LUNCHEON | Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
I noticed that Kate Winslet is not mentioned, but I still hope she will show up. I think they also often take a group shot during the Luncheon per category, and would love to see one with Rachel and Kate
Old 02-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

So happy and so proud of her! I'm going to burst with pride any moment now Seeing her up there is so phenomenal. She's long deserved it! So thankful that it's her turn to be up there at last it was worth the wait Love you Rachel! Hope to see you up there for more and more years to come! And with the award itself, too!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Behind the scenes at the Oscars Luncheon:

Quote:
• Spotlight producer Michael Sugar complimented his star Rachel McAdams on her blonde highlights before she bumped into Dicaprio, who kissed her on both cheeks before the two took their seats at assigned tables.

Larson and McAdams spilled their style secrets to PEOPLE as the Room star reveals, "I've been able to understand clothes and fashion better, it's a great way for me to express what's happening on the inside," adding, "so my goal with each dress that I've worn is just to try to reflect what my soul looks like, which is far more complicated than any dress could ever be."

The Spotlight actress has made the best dressed list on multiple occasions, but even she admits there were times she has been anything but. "I mean, it's always not glamorous when you go home at the end of the night like so sad and you just fall on the floor in a puddle," McAdams tells PEOPLE. "It's so fun, but you really do feel like you turn into a pumpkin – go from Cinderella to a pumpkin – in the best way. I shouldn't say this out loud because Elie Saab might kill me, but I had a great photo shoot with my sister's Chihuahua on the dress after the SAG Awards with the SAG Award."

Oscars Nominees Luncheon Class Photo of 2016 Revealed : People.com
Old 02-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

I'm so disappointed no one captured Rachel and Leo bumping in to each other, but I guess it's impossible to keep an eye on everyone with 100+ nominees being present

Rachel arriving at the Luncheon:

I think she skipped the Movie For Grownups awards, only Mark, McCarthy and the producers were photographed after receiving the Best Picture award:
Old 02-09-2016, 01:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah! How can such a moment get missed to be photographed? Thanks for the updates guys.

The Hollywood Reporter held a Nominees Night party and I think Rachel didn't attend it, either? And there were no videos of her doing interviews after the luncheon on The Academy's Twitter account. I hope they post it soon

EDIT: Her pre-luncheon press meeting is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8GmnSHr7uI
She's the most amazing nominee ever!

Last edited by Laleb; 02-09-2016 at 03:30 AM
Old 02-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

From DGA:

Old 02-10-2016, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing everything, guys! I'm so excited and nervous for Spotlight too, this has been the most stressful awards season ever!
Old 02-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Awards pundit Gregory Ellwood's latest article on the Best Picture race:
Do the DGA Awards point to a ‘Spotlight’ vs. ‘Revenant’ race for Best Picture?

He assumes the race to be between Spotlight and The Revenant and pushes The Big Short completely out of the picture. I don't know if it's good or bad. Besides, I don't think it can be underestimated that easily after its PGA win and getting to be shown in the Congress. Argh so frustrating.

Fingers crossed for Spotlight at BAFTA this weekend!
Old 02-11-2016, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Rachel is not mentioned in the BAFTA attendees press release: Attendees Confirmed for this Sunday’s EE British Academy Film Awards | BAFTA

Mark will attend, and I guess with Rachel you never know. I did see a mention before that Benedict Cumberbatch is not attending due to Dr Strange filming. I have no idea if Rachel still has to be on-set for that, but maybe that's why she is unable to attend? And with Rachel you never know, she might still surprise us and show up
Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hope she surprises us like she did at Golden Globes She wasn't on the attendee list and didn't attend Spotlight's party but then we found out she was going to attend the show And if not, maybe she attends Writers Guild Awards to support Tom McCarthy and Josh Singer. It's amazing how much she got used to seeing her every weekend on the red carpet right?

Kate Winslet saying that Best Supporting Actress category is still up in the air and has no front runner (I've been trying to hold it back but I'm afraid I can't any longer. Although these two are totally different cases, her support for Leo is making me feel all sorts of feelings about the two old co-stars we've all loved since 2004 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpHnsTjKV-U

Hope this means Kate is still game after missing the Oscars luncheon. If it's not gonna be Rachel, I prefer JJL or Kate!

Last edited by Laleb; 02-12-2016 at 02:15 AM
Old 02-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Came across these articles and videos on Rachel and Michael's SBIFF American Riviera Award honour:

Hundreds Welcome Rachel McAdams and Michael Keaton | News - KEYT

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...7FO/story.html

http://www.independent.com/news/2016...iviera-awards/
Old 02-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the news guys!

This is actually quite interesting, Vulture measured the screen time of the supporting nominees, and Rachel has the least amount of time (in percentage of the movie):
Quote:
Rachel McAdams, Spotlight
Total running time (minutes): 129
Screen time (minutes): 32:55
Percentage of screen time to movie length: 25.5%

Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs
Total running time (minutes): 122
Screen time (minutes): 35:55
Percentage of screen time to movie length: 29.4%

Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl
Total running time (minutes): 119
Screen time (minutes): 73:27
Percentage of screen time to movie length: 61.7%

Rooney Mara, Carol
Total running time (minutes): 118
Screen time (minutes): 80:08
Percentage of screen time to movie length: 67.9%

Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight
Total running time (minutes): 187
Screen time (minutes): 86:01
Percentage of screen time to movie length: 45.9%
The Screen Time of Supporting Oscar Nominees -- Vulture
Ruffalo's screentime is a bit higher in percentage compared to Rachel:
Quote:
Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight
Total running time (minutes): 129
Screen time (minutes): 49:49
Percentage of screen time to movie length: 38.6%
Old 02-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is category fraud at its best! Someone mentioned on the internet that Mara's screen time in Carol is much higher than Cate Blanchett's which leads to the assumption that Blanchett is the one who pulled the fraud since she'd better be nominated in Supporting and Mara in Best Actress And I recently watched Carol, it's true that Mara has a lot of screen time than her. Vikander's case is the same, too. It's the fault of the studios to get these two young actresses' names involved in category fraud. Anyway, Rachel, JJL and Kate Winslet are the honest nominees of this category so I hope the winner is one of these three - and preferably Rachel of course

Oscar math piece on The Hollywood Reporter:

Oscars: Mathmetically - Hollywood Reporter

They assume Spotlight might win the Best Picture with a small margin. Rachel is at the third spot for the Best Supporting Actress.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

At the same time Jennifer Jason Leigh's screentime is almost the double amount in percentage compared to Rachel and Winslet. I have read discussions about this "fraud" the past few months, and it's quite interesting how it all works.

Another big win for the movie last night:

The BAFTA's are tonight and only Mark Ruffalo is confirmed to attend