Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

ahh, so that probably added to why she wanted that film. it films in toronto
Old 09-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just come across a document on the official City of Toronto website, which lists current/upcoming movies being filmed in the area. Most other sources have the start-date for Spotlight shooting on October 6, however this source indicates filming may commence a week earlier, on September 29th. It also lists the Location Manager & the Assistant Location Manager for the shoot, Fred Kampling & Mark McFadden respectively. The duo have previously worked together on a number of projects (recent titles include Crimson Peak, Pacific Rim & Kick-Ass 2), all of which were also filmed in Toronto.

Interesting to note that the site also lists Rachel, Mark Ruffalo and Stanley Tucci in the cast section. Obviously, this info could have just been taken from the previous reports, but the site has provided additional info not previously reported elsewhere, so who knows? I wonder when we should start an individual thread for Spotlight, or maybe too soon/presumptuous?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Interesting find Nick, thanks for sharing! A September start date was reported but I thought that they might start pre-production and/or rehearsals in September. I wonder if they will mainly shoot in Toronto or maybe it's going to be mainly in Boston or maybe 50/50.

I really hope the production company will confirm the cast. I was also thinking that the movie might hit the TIFF market for more (?) funding.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

It's definitely going to be interesting to see this one develop. I just am so eager for her to get on set!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Looks like Spotlight will be part of the TIFF Market:
Quote:
Anonymous Content and Séville International parent company eOne are also collaborating on Spotlight. eOne Films International is handling pre-sales on Thomas McCarthy’s Boston priest paedophile story to star Rachel McAdams, resurgent Birdman lead Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo and Liev Schreiber.
Séville Int’l launches sales on Len And Company | News | Screen
Old 09-05-2014, 01:06 PM
New Fan

I really hope this works out, Rachel is getting a lote of promising work after leaving her other agency. please god be true love this show
Justin Lin In Talks To Direct 'True Detective' Season 2 E | The Playlist
Old 09-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing Luke! The original report is from Variety:
Quote:
Pieces look to be coming together on season 2 of HBO’s “True Detective,” as sources have confirmed Justin Lin is in talks to direct a handful of episodes for the drama series.

It’s unknown how many he would direct, but insiders add that he will not direct every episode as Cary ***unaga did for season one.

No cast has been confirmed by the network but Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch and Vince Vaughn are in final negotiations to join the show. The fourth lead, which has always been intended to be a female character, is still being figured out but sources say “Mad Men” actress Elisabeth Moss and Rachel McAdams are in the running.

Nic Pizzolatto is writing the second season, which is set in California and is said to revolve around the investigation of a corrupt city manager who gets murdered amidst a potential groundbreaking transportation deal.
More: Justin Lin in Talks to Direct ‘True Detective’ | Variety
Deadline is also reporting that Justin Lin is in talks to direct but they don't mention Rachel and only report that "Search is underway for a female lead, with a number of actresses auditioning. "
Old 09-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I feel like SPOTLIGHT could be that Oscar bait we've all been waiting on. Oscar bait yet commercially successful. Ones that would get a September or October release, and a TIFF / Telluride premiere. I would think that document legit if it's from the city government.

I haven't seen the first season of "True Detective" but hubba bubba Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams together on one screen. That would be electric.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

I am so scared to agree re: Oscar bait because I KEEP thinking she's picking Oscar bait projects and they always fall flat and it's K I L L I N G ME so I don't even want to think about it too much but loooooord I'm crossing my fingers.

As for True Detective, well. Well. Definitely agree re: Colin (GUH) and you guys don't understand that I would legitimately LOSE MY ***** if this happened. I did a quick scan of Twitter and from what I saw I only noticed one tweet in the "do not want" vein and everyone else was like RACHEL MCADAMS YAAASSS so I mean. Maybe a collective force of fan willpower will bring it to fruition.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Rachel in True Detective would be AMAZING. With Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch? Too much beauty for my TV! But she would be fantastic and it would probably be a really good dark and dramatic role for her. Plus, lots of exposure/attention for a rather small commitment (only one season, 8 or 10 episodes).
Old 09-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

I completely agree! And the sound of this role seems sorta gritty and I want her to do it so badlksjfasd and the show is so huge and just. All of the things. I want it so much.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Huffington Post apparently contacted Rachel and HBO's reps and haven't received a comment back:
Quote:
HuffPost Entertainment has reached out to HBO and McAdams' rep for comment and this post will be updated if one is received.
Rachel McAdams Reportedly In Talks For 'True Detective' Season 2
Jessica Chastain's rep and Jessica herself denied the attachment back when she was rumored. I wonder if Rachel's rep will give a reaction. HBO hasn't commented on any of the casting rumors so far.

Rachel flew out of Toronto a few days ago - see the sighting in the news thread - and already returned yesterday so she was only out of town for 2-3 days. It seems a possibility that she flew to LA/NY or another town to audition or have a meeting for True Detective

EDIT: Spotlight director and writer Thomas McCarthy is currently promoting his new movie The Cobbler at TIFF and the Variety interview mentions Spotlight and Rachel:
Quote:
Next up for McCarthy is “Spotlight” with Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams and Michael Keaton. It’s another change of pace for the shapeshifting director: it’s the story of the Boston Globe’s exposure of a sex-abuse scandal in the Catholic Church.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/to...er-1201299815/
It does look like Variety is basing this on the reports but I wonder if McCarthy maybe mentioned it during his interview.

Last edited by winterbird; 09-07-2014 at 06:44 AM
Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

And Colin flew into LA on August 30th, so this could be possible. It's curious though, because apparently "True Detective" starts filming in September... Doesn't "Spotlight" start filming in October? How on Earth is she gonna manage that?

A couple of interesting articles on the next season:

Quote:
Nic Pizzolatto wouldn't confirm whether or not Season 2 centers on the secret occult history tied to California's transportation system last week, but this new report reveals the season centers on a corrupt scheme to link Northern and Southern California together through a high-speed train, which ties into land ownership and state grants. The plot has been compared to the film classic Chinatown, but, of course, we won't know for sure until these details are confirmed.

Last week's report revealed that the season will have four lead actors, but this new report says that there will be three main characters, two men and a woman, all law enforcement officials from different parts of California. Film Divider speculates that Nic Pizzolatto may have been referring to the three main detectives and a "nefearious entrepreneur" when he said this season will have four main characters.

Colin Farrell is in talks for one of the main characters, who has issues with cocaine and anger management. Taylor Kitsch is reportedly up to play a member of the California Highway Patrol, who has been suspended for "sexually exploiting a young woman he pulled over." This information contradicts last week's report, which indicated Taylor Kitsch is playing the younger partner of Colin Farrell's character. The third main character is a female sheriff from Monterey who has also had a troubled past. This is likely the role that Jessica Chastain was being sought for in May, which she eventually turned down.

The season's mystery begins with the murder of Ray Casper, the City Manager of a fictional California city, and the occult will also play a factor into the season, with another early murder victim found with satanic symbols carved into his flesh. There have also been reports that the story is set in the 1980s, but the Internet is reportedly featured as part of a plot device, so it is expected that the season will have a more contemporary setting.

'True Detective' Season 2 Story Details Hint at Corruption and Addiction
Quote:
While this is the first we're hearing about Rachel McAdams being in contention, Elisabeth Moss revealed last month that she had not been approached to star in the series, just days after a report revealed she was up for the female lead. However, a lot can change in one month, and it seems now that Elisabeth Moss is, in fact, in the running.

'True Detective' Season 2 Eyes Rachel McAdams for Female Lead
Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the articles Wendy! It has been reported that Spotlight will start production in September but there are also other sites who report an October start date. Jord found a source that says Spotlight will start in October and True Detective in November. From MEW:
Quote:
SPOTLIGHT - October 6, 2014 - Boston, MA & Toronto, Canada; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. (Posted: August 7, 2014. Revised: September 8, 2014)
Feature Films: New Listing
Quote:
TRUE DETECTIVE, SEASON 2 - (TV Series for HBO) - November, 2014 - Los Angeles, CA; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. (Posted: September 4, 2014. Revised: September 9, 2014)
Television Production Events - New Listing
So if these dates are true (and they are recently updated) that would mean it could work Also it's a possibility that she will work on both at the same time. Jessica Chastain filmed 3 movies at one point last year in different cities so if both productions really want her they could probably work something out
Old 09-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Global News Canada also confirms the date:
Quote:
Also filming in Toronto beginning next month is Spotlight, which stars Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Liev Schreiber, Stanley Tucci, Billy Crudup and Toronto resident Rachel McAdams.

Directed by Thomas McCarthy, it tells the true story of how a team of reporters at the Boston Globe uncovered the child abuse scandal in the city’s Catholic Archdiocese.

Cameras are set to roll on Spotlight from Oct. 6 to Nov. 2.
Pattinson, DeNiro to film ‘Idol’s Eye’ in Toronto - Toronto | Globalnews.ca