Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I skimmed over the Wikipedia of the book, but I don't even remember the story anymore >___>"

BUT WOW, an Oscar bait animated movie. OK, we're getting there.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

I was hoping the same Heather, but somehow I expected Marion to get that part. Is that flower the one in the dessert? I actually hope they will cast a little boy in the part of the prince. The biggest parts of this story are the little prince and the pilot, the other characters are really supporting. Or at least, that's how I remember the book.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I went onto the Onyx Films website today (accessible via || METHOD ANIMATION || ONYX FILMS || CHAPTER 2 ||, and I managed to locate the below teaser poster for The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince):

However, after doing some more digging, it appears that this particular image was also used as part of the promotion for the DVD release of the French TV series running from 2010-2012 (the credits show Method Animation, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment etc.):

Now Onyx were never involved in the TV project, and I'm pretty sure the poster includes the words "Cinema in 3D", so perhaps this has just put together temporarily? The font for the title on the poster is also slightly different, as well as some areas of the image (particularly the background), which suggests that it has been edited specifically for this purpose.

Apologies for getting anybody's hopes us - I had gotten a little excited myself at my original find, and it was only when I started looking into it further that I found the image had been used previously.

The TV series and the upcoming film share a producer - Aton Soumache - so it will be interesting to see whether the animation for the feature film is anything like the TV series, or something completely different.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the info Nick, maybe it's just a trademark/image you can use if you buy the rights to adapt the novel?

For those who want to read the story in English, I found it over here.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Nick I think you could be right Lindsey about the rights thing.

Thanks so much for that Lindsey My friend sent me the PDF version, so if anybody wants that as well here is download link.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the info, guys! I'm going to have to read it again for sure. I've only read it once in my life and it was as an adult, but now I'm going to go through it again, with a fine-toothed comb,
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link Jord

I was talking to a friend about this, and I'm curious what everyone is thinking on here. Do you guys think Rachel & Noomi Rapace will sign on to the same agency? They have the same manager and had the same agent at UTA.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think it might be time to create some new threads for each of the two upcoming films Rachel has recently CONFIRMED her involvement in: "The Little Prince" and the "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project".

Lindsey - what are you doing this weekend? *hint hint*
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

And she also teased us that she is working on "a few other projects and there may possibly be a new movie on the way in the very near future".

Working on the OP for post threads right now Nick Will start them later today.

EDIT: Here you go: Untitled Cameron Crowe Project + The Little Prince

Last edited by winterbird; 06-14-2013 at 06:24 AM
Old 06-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

It better be to attach herself to the "Gone Girl" project IMHO
Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Nick pointed this out to me, but apparently DeNiro and DiCaprio were trying to set up projects with Rachel back in 2005-ish. The quote is from the YorkU editor's note:

Quote:
I’ll never forget my first talk with her LA-based manager, Shelley Browning. It was soon after Mean Girls and The Notebook had become hits in rapid suc- cession. According to Browning, things were wild at the office – people from Robert De Niro to Leonardo DiCaprio were calling, trying to set up projects with McAdams.
Rachel McAdams Online | RachelMcAdams.org | Your best source dedicated to Rachel McAdams | To The Wonder | Passion | About Time | A Most Wanted Man
DeNiro and Cooper were both also attached to Honeymoon with Harry just like Rachel but that project never happened but I wonder which Leo project it was. Rachel reportedly also auditioned for Daisy in Gatsby, and Leo was part of casting Daisy, but I don't think that was the project Browning is referring to. Hopefully a new project with Leo will happen in the future
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

Chmerkovskiy apparently sees himself opposite Rachel in 50 shades of grey: '50 Shades of Grey' Movie Cast: 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy Wants to Star as Christian Grey, Opposite Rachel McAdams [EXCLUSIVE] : Celebrities : ENSTARZ
Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
lol no. Keep dreaming.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

I know Wendy, was even reluctant to post it here. I'm so tired of the media using the 50 shades of grey casting to get visitors...
Old 06-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Seriously, I wish they'd just cast the stupid thing so everyone could let it go.