Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

I watched "Valentine's Day" again the other day - only reason to see Bradley Cooper - but I'm happy she was not cast in it. Not sure it's true, no offense but I don't see her loosing a role to Jessica Alba, she auditioned for did. I

'm actually happy she never did a movie like this in the first place. I'm the biggest fan of "Love Actually", but no movie after that came close to that one...
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Completely agree, Lindsey. Valentine's Day was better than New Year's Eve though, but I wasn't very impressed with it. And IMHO, there's no way she'd lose a role to Jessica Alba...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

New Year's Eve was just bad But I still end up watching those movies, I guess at the same time they are easy to watch.

I actually remember a quote from Alba from years ago, don't know exactly what it was but she basically said Rachel and a few other actresses got roles she wanted.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

EXCUSE ME, WHAT IS THIS??? Rachel doing voice work for an animated film?! I CAN HAS IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE??
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh my god! hyperventilating here

An animated film this is a dream come true

Thanks so much for the news, Amnada
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. Really excited about this! Thanks for sharing, Amanda!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

And with so many great names attached! SCREAM!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Her animated character must become my avatar

I must get the book , I'll wait for a little more confirmation though.

Last edited by Jord-Temp; 06-05-2013 at 10:42 PM
Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 PM
New Fan

omg no way,this is soo funny like I was talking to my mom about her doing a animated movie. Im soo happy she's doing one and wit james franco. She has said she wanted to work with him,sadly they wont be together but will be in press. Im hoping they both do a movie together
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm sooo excited for this and it seems like they all signed on, although The Wrap is saying no one signed on yet.

Little Prince is actually one of my favorite books when I was little! Such a sweet story The only female characters are the flower characters so I assume Marion and Rachel will voice the Rose or the flower the little prince has.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
I'm sooo excited for this and it seems like they all signed on, although The Wrap is saying no one signed on yet.

Little Prince is actually one of my favorite books when I was little! Such a sweet story The only female characters are the flower characters so I assume Marion and Rachel will voice the Rose or the flower the little prince has.
Looks like there was a bit of a Twitter-war between Jeff Sneider (from The Wrap) and Borys Kit & Tatiana Siegel from The Hollywood Reporter.

Sneider wrote:

Quote:
@Borys_Kit are you seriously calling that EXCLUSIVE? Take that tag down now or pay the price...
Full conversation at: https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...28528345759744

The Hollywood Reporter story was posted a few minutes after The Wrap, but mentions a number of additional cast members (including Rachel) who weren't included in Sneider's article.

I follow quite a few entertainment writers/reporters/journalists/bloggers (is there a correct term?) on Twitter, and this type of dialogue is pretty common. Everybody wants to get a scoop, and they're all pretty willing to call each other out if an "exclusive" is incorrectly claimed. You don't often see this many differences between two competing articles, though. They can't both be right.

My money is on the Hollywood Reporter info (and not just because it reports on Rachel's involvement!) because it mentions Bridges' specific role, and confirms the involvement of Giamatti, Franco, Cotillard & del Toro, who were only mentioned as "being sought for roles" in Sneider's story.

I guess only time will tell whose information is more accurate.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for your info Nick! At them fighting about it, but I kind of get it. I even find it frustrating when people take stuff from RMO without crediting

I also wonder if this means Rachel has found a new agency? Maybe this deal was done before she left UTA, but it seems to be that the deals were just made. And I'm wondering if Rachel the sighting of Rachel leaving a studio in Toronto the other day is related to this.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

For those of you who have visited Rachel's IMDB profile in the last few days, you may have noticed that she has a new "In Production" title called "Teacher's Day". Rachel is listed under the "Thanks" section, specifically as an "inspiration".

I've looked into this further, and it appears that someone has somehow added a number of famous actors and actresses (there's at least 60 I recognise) under this category, likely in an attempt to gain some interest in the project. I've submitted a request to have Rachel's name removed (I'm too lazy to request it for the others!) so this should hopefully be gone shortly.

I just thought I'd point it out now in case anybody happens to see it over the next few days and gets unnecessarily excited (although once you read the synopsis provided for the film - After being fired, a high school history teacher goes on a killing spree, stalking his former female students at their slumber party - I'm sure you'll agree that there is nothing to be excited about!).
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the heads up Nick, you are probably right. It's a good way to promote the project I don't see it listed right now, but I don't have IMDB pro.

It was reported in 2010 that director Mark Osborne was set to direct "Little Prince", the original report:
Quote:
Budgeted at a little over $60 million, this adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's best-selling 1943 novella about a downed pilot lost in a desert who meets a magical little boy who regales him with tales of his adventurous journey to Earth from the asteroid on which he lives.

Aton Soumache and Dimitri Rassam will produce the feature which begins production in 2012 for a release in 2014.
Mark Osborne Is A "Little Prince" | News | Dark Horizons
Also, this is probably too far a head, but I was thinking. This should be a perfect movie to premiere during next year's Cannes

EDIT: THR updated their story, Marion is offered the Rose part. If I remember correctly there are two other flowers but I could be wrong. I should re-read the story soon.

Quote:
Marion Cotillard has the offer to voice the part of a rose.
http://rewired.hollywoodreporter.com...ms-jeff-563612

Last edited by winterbird; 06-06-2013 at 11:09 AM
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was sort of hoping Rachel would be the voice of the Rose, that would have been so sweet. There is the Three-Petaled Flower also, and I can oddly see her possibly taking on one of the boy characters.