Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

The "danger" listed there is so true... :\
Old 04-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Yeah agreed Amanda. I remember Corbijn mentioning it's more of a fall movie so I'm not sure why they are going for this release tbh. But maybe this means they are trying to get it into Cannes?

The dutch release is set for July 24 (IMDB and a local distributor's site confirms it) so I'm happy I can see it around the same time as most of you
Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

The Cannes line-up will be announced next week (April 17), I'm hoping AMWM will be part of it but I haven't really noticed any film sites that included it in their speculation list...

EDIT: What a pleasant surprise!!! The first trailer is here It's different from the sales trailer with new footage!! You can watch it here: https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...164016171.html

Last edited by winterbird; 04-11-2014 at 10:42 AM
Old 04-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

That trailer was boring negl. It reminded me of a slower and more boring AMWM. =/
Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

I think the sales trailer was more dark than this one. The July 25 date still puzzles me though, but who knows maybe it will be the surprise box office hit of this summer.

It's also uploaded on youtube already:

Yahoo! UK released the UK trailer which is the same except for the distributor's logo (it's distributed by Entertainment One in the UK). It also shows the social networks for the UK fans: @mostwantedmanuk and the Facebook account The official US website is also only already, although it's only the temporary version: A Most Wanted Man - The trailer also mention the facebook account /amostwantedman but right now it's still the fan page.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

I'm really pleased that we've gotten additional footage and I think for audiences it's intriguing enough to get people who are into those sorts of films to the cinema. I hope so, anyway, but I agree with Lindsey, I think the first one was definitely darker. I'm just sad all my hopes and dreams for this one are kind of flopping.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda s. (View Post)
I'm just sad all my hopes and dreams for this one are kind of flopping.
Pretty much.

At least we'll have the Cameron Crowe movie and the Wim Wenders movie to look forward to? =/
Old 04-13-2014, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm still looking forward to this. I mean it's not really a good sign that the Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions set the release for July but I'm still looking forward to seeing this.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree Lindsey, I think it will be a great film even if it is a bit slow a times

I really enjoyed the trailer!

Just came across: A Most Wanted Man - Production Notes

Very extensive, I've took a few quotes out of it after scanning through it:

Quote:
Putting together the first-class cast who portray the complex web of characters who
inhabit the world of A MOST WANTED MAN was Corbijn’s achievement. “Anton was
singularly precise about who he thought should play each role,” Stephen Cornwell
recalls. “In almost every situation, those are the people who are in the movie.”
Quote:
“Bachmann sees Annabel as someone who has made some choices which he thinks are pretty clumsy and are only going to hurt people, not help them,” says Hoffman. “He deals with her pretty roughly. But it’s for a reason.”McAdams says she was drawn to the theme of loneliness in the film.
Quote:
“They are all people who are seeking out love, different kinds of love in different kinds of ways, whether it’s love of God or spirituality or physical love of another human being or misplaced or unrequited love,” she says. “Anton is focused on how they reach out to each other and the ways in which they choose to be alone.”
Quote:
Dobrygin had most of his scenes with McAdams. She points out he and Corbijn are the perfect match. “Anton is so economical sometimes,” says McAdams. “He says so much with so little in the way he shoots the scenes. There’s just a glance sometimes or just a feeling, something happening between the characters that doesn’t necessarily have to bespoken or expanded on beyond that. Grigoriy is really good in those moments and minesthem. He has a real presence, which Issa needs to have. The audience should be onuncertain ground with him and he does that very well. There’s real mystery there.”
Quote:
“He is lovely and kind and positive,” says McAdams. “He always makes sure to say something positive at the end of every scene and give the actor’s ego a good stroking which it needs sometimes. It’s a very gentle creative atmosphere. His sense of what is beautiful and aesthetically interesting is off the chart. He can just see it right away. He’s got an eye for those unexpected moments that make the story much richer.”
Quote:
“It’s been so great to hear the German dialect 24/7 and be steeped in the culture and the place itself,” says McAdams. “That’s the beauty of shooting where the film is taking place and not having to pretend. It’s been a real advantage. Hamburg has a really specific feeling, being a port city. It’s got an openness about it, with all the comings and goings that happen in a port town. It’s quite liberal and there’s so much culture and diversity and so many different types of people cohabiting and trying to live harmoniously.”
Quote:
Dafoe relished the opportunity to play a man looking for a redemption of sorts from the sins of his father – as is Issa Karpov.

“Brue is really struck by Annabel. He admires her courage,” says Dafoe. “She gives him the hope he can do the right thing with the money. He is happy to get rid of it.”

McAdams relished the atmosphere Dafoe created on set. “Willem is so open and full of energy,” she says. “He’s up first thing in the morning doing yoga.”
Seems like she really was all set for Passengers:

Quote:
McAdams will soon begin production on Passengers, to star alongside Keanu Reeves in the science fiction film which will be released by Weinstein
I've only just skimmed through it, so forgive me if I've missed some quotes. I'm going to thoroughly read it tomoz

http://www.filmnation.com/materials/

Last edited by Jord-Temp; 04-13-2014 at 02:29 PM
Old 04-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

I agree, Lindsey, even though it isn't doing what I wanted it to do I'm still really looking forward to seeing it and I'm going to reread the book here soon in preparation.

And thank you SO MUCH for pulling out some quotes like that, Jord! These are great, I love it.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the press kit and quotes Jord!

EDIT: Entertainment One announced the UK release date:

Quote:
The A Most Wanted Man trailer is here. In UK and Irish Cinemas September 5.
https://twitter.com/MostWantedManUK/...36562262708225
The movie will be up against Before I Go To Sleep, Life Of Crime, M (R/I), and Sex Tape according to Launchingfilms.com.

Last edited by winterbird; 04-16-2014 at 02:00 AM
Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news, Lindsey!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

I'm disappointed that AMWM didn't get selected for Cannes. I guess Sundance is going to be the only film festival
Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Blergh. Sigh.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda s. (View Post)
Blergh. Sigh.
Same feelings

I thought that it would be released July 25th in the UK as well.
So disappointing that I have to wait longer to see it.

Any of you guys planning on buying the art book? I think that releases in July?