Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Marvel gets on my NERVES!!!!
Old 07-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Sherlock is going to have a panel the next day, so that seems to imply Benedict is going to be there. I wish Marvel would just confirm their line-up and guests.

New quote from Mads:
Quote:
Will you get to bring any of the black humour from Men and Chicken to Doctor Strange?
You can't bring it yourself, if it's in the script you have to sort of lean into the script that's already there. There is some. My character is not necessarily carrying too much of it but Doctor Strange is. there's a certain darkness in the Doc and a sense of humour in there, absolutely.
Exclusive: Mads Mikkelson Interview: Rogue One, Doctor Strange, Hannibal and Men and Chicken
Old 07-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

EW released a new Comic-Con poster:

Quote:
Excited for november’s mystical marvel film doctor strange? Then you should enjoy this new image of benedict cumberbatch as the surgeon-turned-sorcerer stephen strange. Marvel will distribute the portrait below, created by artist ryan meinerding, to fans attending san diego’s upcoming comic-con international, which runs july 21-24.

On set earlier this year, cumberbatch addressed the similarities between the brilliant title character he plays on bbc america’s sherlock to the brilliant title character he plays in marvel’s new superhero movie doctor strange.

“the two men are intelligent,” says cumberbatch. And? “finito,” the actor says. “that’s it. Stephen strange is a lover, he’s a materialist, he’s arrogant, but he’s got a great sense of humor. There are smatterings of the same colors that sherlock has, but he’s not on the spectrum.”
Old 07-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

It's definitely lovely artwork! Fingers crossed we actually learn something about Rachel's character next weekend, I'm falling apart over here.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Interesting take on why Marvel (possibly) decided to cast Rachel as Christine:

Quote:
WHY HAS MARVEL STUDIOS CHOSEN TO USE CHRISTINE PALMER?
The decision to cast Rachel McAdams as Christine Palmer is an unusual one. Although she shares Doctor Strange's medical background, over in the comics she's never been connected to him in any way. This is in marked contrast to Linda Carter, whose identity would have seemed far more appropriate for use in the film.

Unless, that is, you take a look back at the original Night Nurse comics. Night Nurse #2 showed Christine Palmer working alongside the brilliant William Sutton, a gifted surgeon whose skill was threatened by a terrible shaking in his hands. Sutton used his genius to cover up his weakness, depending on Christine's position as his Special Assistant to cover for him. Gradually she discovered that Sutton wasn't the great man she thought he was; that he was faking hospital records to procure and sell expensive drugs, and that - terrified of the worsening of his medical condition - he was turning to drink.

It's not hard to compare the stories of Dr. William Sutton to Dr. Stephen Strange. Both are brilliant surgeons, both become unable to perform their role due to the shaking of their hands and now, through the MCU, both will be tied to Christine Palmer. Is it possible that Doctor Strange will combine the two characters, showing us a Stephen Strange who falls even farther than in the comics before he finally heads to the Ancient One?

We already know that the character's going to return later in the film. Kevin Feige described Rachel McAdams's character like this:

"A fellow surgeon that has a history with Strange and is his sort of lynchpin to his old life, once he steps into he role of a sorcerer. She is someone he connects with at the beginning, and reconnects with, and helps anchor his humanity."

There are some fascinating possibilities, making Rachel McAdams's Christine Palmer far more than just a love-interest in this story. Now, I'm not saying for certain that Doctor Strange will show the Sorcerer Supreme's fall so far; but this kind of story definitely sounds like writer / director Scott Derickson's speciality. Doctor Strange may well have the potential to be one of the most intriguing Marvel movies to date!
Dr Strange: Rachel McAdam's Night Nurse Will Be A Key Character - MoviePilot.com
Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

I WANT THIS TO BE THE CASE SO BAD. "More than a love interest," should be the keywords in all RM projects from now on, please.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Second that, Amanda!

Comic-Con is officially on it's way. I came across these:

EDIT: Closer look to Marvel's booth:

EDIT: Marvel Feed is reporting that we will get a new Dr Strange trailer:
Quote:
5:30PM - MARVEL STUDIOS (Kevin Feige presents ‘Doctor Strange’ cast appearances and new trailer, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2′ cast appearances and first footage, plus more) - Hall H
http://marvel-feed.tumblr.com/post/1...arvel-schedule
Derrickson has confirmed his attendance:

Last edited by winterbird; 07-21-2016 at 02:40 PM
Old 07-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Can Rachel please go to this though.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Rachel has been spotted in San Diego yesterday (posted the sighting in the news thread), so looks like she's going!! Benedict also arrived, he actually came to the Hall H line yesterday and took a bunch of selfies with fans. This Benedict fan twitter account posted a bunch.

ICYMI, the schedule for today:

Quote:
Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige and special guests provide an inside look at the ever expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Saturday July 23, 2016 5:30pm - 6:45pm
Hall H
Comic-Con 2016 Saturday Programs | Comic-Con International: San Diego
Old 07-23-2016, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can't wait for all the pictures!
Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

New trailer was released:
Old 07-23-2016, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

SOOOO GOOOODDDDD.

I made some gifs that will be published on the MD tumblr tomorrow!:

rachel mcadams daily

Bae. is. perfect.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

YAAS QUEEN! I'm so happy that she attended the Comic Con! It's been a blast to see her on stage with the cast and especially Tilda Swinton! The trailer looks very intriguing. I loved it. Just wish that Rachel had a couple of lines, too but still, it's really good. Go Rachel!

plus, her Self Portrait dress looks amazing!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

This makes me SO happy:

Old 07-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the pics!