Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw Showtime was airing S&A....
Old 08-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Showtime is I believe but I'm not sure if I have that channel.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I don;t think I'll watch, lol.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

I don't have Showtime, lol.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wanna see
Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I don't have showtime either so I can't watch.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To those who wanted to know more about Slings & Arrows there's this article which underlines the main idea of the show's concept and probably explains it better than I did.
Quote:
Slings & Arrows Suffers No Outrageous Fortunes

By Sarah Kuhn

An aging diva, a temperamental artistic director, and a Hollywood hunk taking a stab at Shakespeare: Most actors can probably think of real-life counterparts to these archetypes. But they're also fictional characters in Slings & Arrows, a sharply observed Canadian television series that's finally making its way to the States. The show, which mixes comedy and drama, bows on Sundance Channel Aug. 7.

Slings & Arrows documents the off-kilter backstage workings of the New Burbage Theatre Festival, where charismatic, legendary, and quite possibly insane director-actor Geoffrey Tennant (Paul Gross) returns to serve as artistic director after the death of his mentor, Oliver Welles (Stephen Ouimette). As the festival attempts to stage an increasingly troubled production of Hamlet, Geoffrey must contend with a leading lady who just happens to be his ex (Martha Burns); a Hollywood action star who's taking on the play's title role (Luke Kirby); a perky ingenue (Rachel McAdams); and a general manager with ambitions of his own (Mark McKinney).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlize'sAngel
I've seen her in one episode of "Slings & Arrows" and I watched a bit of "Perfect Pie", because they both play on the Canadian movie channel here.
Perfect Pie is the movie I'd love to see. What did you think of it?

I finally found a cheaper one on Amazon for the DVD. It was listed at 38.99 this time.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, thanks for the descriptions.

I saw Perfect Pie as well, and saw it had Alison Pill, another fav. actress of mine, so I just might get that one.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles
To those who wanted to know more about Slings & Arrows there's this article which underlines the main idea of the show's concept and probably explains it better than I did.

I finally found a cheaper one on Amazon for the DVD. It was listed at 38.99 this time.
Thanks for the info!!! I will have to check it out. Maybe I'll see Perfect Pie on tv sometime.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles

Geezus, I still think that's expensive. Especially it I convert it to my own currency.

Slings and Arrows actually sound pretty interesting. Too bad I don't live in Canada or the US.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 08-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven85
Yeah I don't have showtime either so I can't watch.
i want it
Old 04-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Slings & Arrows, a miniseries where Rachel had a small part in S1, will be released on DVD on June 27.

Quote:
Directed by Peter Wellington, SLINGS AND ARROWS is based in the fictional town of New Burbage where legendary theater madman Geoffrey Tennant returns to New Burbage Theatre Festival, the site of his greatest triumph and most humilating failure, to assume the Artistic Directorship after the sudden death of his mentor, Oliver Welles. When Goeffrey arrives he finds that Oliver is still there, in spirit anyway, and with his guidance (and often in spite of it) Geoffrey attempts to reconcile with his past while wrestling the Festival back from the marketing department. Despite a bitter leading lady, a clueless leading man, and a scheming General Manager, he manages to stage the play of Hamlet, the play that drove him mad.
Retail price is scheduled for 29.99$

More info
Old 04-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the information, Belle. Gosh, she looks young with her hair shorter.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 05-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Perfect Pie is an awesome movie I loved it!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw Perfect Pie too this past weekend and it was really great. We rented it because we had just seen the stage play of it on Friday Night and in the program it said it was made into a feature film so we wanted to compare them. It was a complete surprise to us that Rachel was in it. She did an excellent job as Patsy.