Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

This is a movie I'm definitely looking forward to. Spotlight producer Michael Sugar is producing "Silver Wings":
Quote:
Fox 2000 might have found itself another Hidden Figures, optioning the nonfiction Katherine Sharp Landdeck book The Women With Silver Wings. The studio has teamed with Anonymous Content and Old 320 Sycamore to turn it into the feature drama Silver Wings. Tony-winning Hamilton director Thomas Kail will develop to direct a drama that recounts the true story of WWII’s Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), the first women to ever fly for the U.S. military.

United in a special sisterhood, these trailblazing women broke social norms while bravely serving their country. After the war, the U.S. government refused to officially recognize the WASPs, denying them veteran benefits and burying their legacies. Only in 2009, after a decades-long battle, are the women’s WWII contributions finally honored, when they are granted the Congressional Gold Medal and officially recognized as military veterans. Landdeck is an esteemed aviation historian and her book just sold to Penguin Random House’s Crown imprint in a preemptive high-six-figure deal.

The film will be produced by Anonymous Content’s Michael Sugar (he produced the Oscar-winning Spotlight) along with Kail and his Old 320 Sycamore banner.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome news!
Old 06-29-2017, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

The Academy announced which members they invited for the class of 2017 and in the actors branch former costars of Rachel got invited. I might have missed one or two, but Actors invited to the Academy include Margot Robbie (About Time), Channing Tatum (The Vow), Domhnall Gleeson (About Time), Anna Faris (The Hot Chick), Charlotte Gainsbourg (Every Thing Will Be Fine), Naomi Harris (Southpaw), Amy Phoeler (Mean Girls) and Amanda Seyfried (Mean Girls). Fulll lists and some fun stats over at the academy's official site: Class of 2017

FYI: Rachel got invited last year, after her first Oscar nom The members are allowed to vote for the nominees and winners and are able to attend screenings during award season.

Michael Keaton at yesterday's Spiderman premiere:
Old 06-29-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Funny pic!
Old 06-30-2017, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

I'm very excited about this, J.J. Abrams (Morning Glory producer) has bought the rights to My Glory Was I Had Such Friends:
Quote:
In a competitive situation, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot has acquired Amy Silverstein’s recently published memoir, My Glory Was I Had Such Friends, to develop as a limited series, I have learned.

The memoir is about the power of friendship and the resilience of the human spirit. In it, Silverstein tells the story of the extraordinary group of women who supported her as she waited on the precipice for a life-saving heart transplant. The book was published two days ago, on June 27, by Harper Collins under its Harper Wave imprint.
More: J.J. Abrams Bad Robot ‘My Glory Was I Had Such Friends’ Limited Series | Deadline
Old 06-30-2017, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds amazing!
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Trailer for Noomi Rapace's (Passion & Sherlock Holmes 2) upcoming movie:

I'm always surprised that Noomi is still not yet a household name in Hollywood. She's so brilliant in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and I feel like she has not yet had her real breakthrough in Hollywood, although she has done many English feature films already.

EDIT: And a teaser trailer for Jason Bateman's (Game Night & State Of Play) new series was released:

Last edited by winterbird; 07-03-2017 at 09:35 AM
Old 07-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the videos!
Old 07-08-2017, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Emma Stone (Aloha) is on the cover of OUT magazine for her upcoming movie Battle Of The Sexes:

The interview can be found here: https://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2...y-battle-sexes

Director Michael Sucsy (The Vow) has begun production on his next movie, titled "Every Day":

Quote:
The pic stars previously announced Angourie Rice as 16-year-old Rhiannon, who falls in love with a spirit named A, a traveling soul who wakes each morning in a different body, living a different life every day. Jesse Andrews adapted the screenplay based on David Levithan’s best-selling novel of the same name.
More: Maria Bello, Debby Ryan, Justice Smith & More Join ‘Every Day’ | Deadline
I was surprised to find out that Suscy's last movie was "The Vow", I was expecting he would have directed more movies since "The Vow" was filmed in 2010.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the cover!
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Very happy news for Chelsea Peretti (Game Night) - Congratulations to Chelsea and Jordan!:

It's not 100% officially Chelsea is in Game Night but she did share a photo of herself on-set
Old 07-17-2017, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Congratulations to them!
Old 07-18-2017, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

The new trailer for Ryan Gosling (The Notebook) & Harrison Ford's (Morning Glory) Blade Runner 2049 was released:

First reviews for Cillian Murphy's (Red Eye) Dunkirk are in:

It's currently 98% with 43 reviews and 97 score at metacritics with 23 reviews: Dunkirk Reviews - Metacritic
Old 07-18-2017, 04:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Proud of both of them! Is anyone planning on seeing either movie?
Old 07-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't wait to see Bladerunner 49 and Dunkirk!