Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I'm good too. I'm enjoying my summer vacation until April. I'm taking one course at the summer semester and I totally hate it. Not because of the amount of time, it's just that I don't like the course, it's not even related to my career but it's obligatory. So my final exam is a 15 page essay on philosophy and I'm currently working on that.

I've been reading what you're talking about.
I thought James and Anne did good. Not brilliant and remarkable, but good. We gotta remember they're not natural hosts, they're just actors who are given a script to make a show. People were expecting a Billy Crystal performance, I guess. Plus, I believe they were nervous too, I mean, probably half of the population worldwide is watching you on TV
I want Hugh Jackman to host again

Best dressed people? I loved Mila and Scarlett.

I'm pretty happy with the oscar winners this year. I wanted Colin Firth & The King's speech to win so much. One of the best movies I've ever seen.
I haven't watched The Figther, so I can't comment on Christian Bale's performance (maybe it's brilliant)... but at first I wanted Geoffrey Rush to win. Same for best supporting actress, Helena was the winner for me. But my father thought Melissa was taking the award because of the clip that they showed, really powerful. I didn't like that she coursed, but beh, it happened.

Natalie Portman looked so gorgeous with her belly.

icon credit: guilderferns
Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck on your final essay. So your course is almost done? And enjoy the rest of your vacation. At least you took that course during the summer, now you won't have to worry about it during your regular semester.

I'd like to see Hugh Jackman again. When Anne sang, they showed him in the audience...I kinda wanted him to go up there and sing with her again.

I haven't seen The King's Speech or The Fighter. It's always the same thing at every Oscars...I've only seen a handful of the movies nominated.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. I finally finished the essay . Yes, my course is almost done, I just have to go and explain my essay and that's it. I know, I'm glad I took it on summer because there was no way I could survive with it for 4 months

Anne & Hugh's chemistry on stage is great. They should host together sometime.
I also love Ellen, she's great.

And they're pretty recent movies... at least for me, I believe they nominate the ones that come out late in the year.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome! You official vacation can start now.

Have you seen any of the other nominated movies other than King's Speech?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

Yes, finally!

I've watched:
-The Social Network, but I didn't like it. I thought it was kinda slow, boring and complicated. It wasn't a BAD movie because it has been nominated to many things and it has an interesting story... but it wasn't what I expected.
-Inception, really good movie, but too complicated

Yeah, what were the other nominees?
I never watched Toy Story 3, because as I told you, the talking toys kinda scare me and freak me out .
I still want to see The fighter & The kids are all right... they look awesome!

How's your week?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen True Grit, Winter's Bone, Inception and Black Swan. Yeah, Inception is one of those movies that you have to think about once the movie ends.

I totally remember that about the talking toys.

My week's okay so far. It's almost the weekend! Yours?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

I want to see True Grit so bad. It looks like a good movie, is it? It's in the movies now, so I maybe I go this weekend.

I've also watched Black Swan: I really liked it. Awesome story, perspective and perfomances. I was a ballet dancer too, I felt too involved with the movie, it made me remember how ballerinas fight and feel for main roles.

I've never heard of Winter's Bone... it hasn't come here yet...

The talking toys and me

My weekend is cancelled. We have a house at the beach and we go there all summer weekends. But with the tsunami alert from Japan, we can't really go anywhere and just stay in the city where we're safe.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a good movie. Hailee and Jeff Bridges were so good in the movie.

Did you dance ballet for a long time? I remember classes were offered when I was in grade school. I think I was one of the few girls who didn't sign up for that class.

Speaking of animation, I just saw the Smurfs trailer. Gosh, it looks terrible. I wish they just had left it alone.

I was watching the news on that earlier today. It's so terrible. Better be safe than sorry though. I hope you still have a good weekend.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome back, Val!

Quote:
I've watched:
-The Social Network, but I didn't like it. I thought it was kinda slow, boring and complicated. It wasn't a BAD movie because it has been nominated to many things and it has an interesting story... but it wasn't what I expected.
-Inception, really good movie, but too complicated
I liked The Social Network, but I kinda agree with your assessment. Same with Inception. It's way too complicated! But I like complicated.

Quote:
My weekend is cancelled. We have a house at the beach and we go there all summer weekends. But with the tsunami alert from Japan, we can't really go anywhere and just stay in the city where we're safe.
Aw, that's too bad, Val. But better safe than sorry! I feel so bad about the earthquake in Japan! It's so terrible!

Quote:
It's a good movie. Hailee and Jeff Bridges were so good in the movie.
Oooh, you watched it, Belle? I'm so glad to hear it's good! I still haven't watched it. Might have to catch it on DVD.

And you also saw Unknown, right? Was that good? It looks so awesome!

I want to see The Adjustment Bureau!!! I was iffy about it at first, but I've heard such good things about it!!!!

Old 03-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, I thought you were going to planning on going to watch it with your sister?

Unknown was really good. Good twist at the end and I love Liam Neeson.

I'm actually the oppsite. I actually heard not so good things about Adjustment Bureau, but I've wanted to see it for a year, so I don't care if the reviews aren't good.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles
I was watching the news on that earlier today. It's so terrible. Better be safe than sorry though. I hope you still have a good weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukia
Aw, that's too bad, Val. But better safe than sorry! I feel so bad about the earthquake in Japan! It's so terrible!
Thanks
Fortunately, we're okay. There weren't big waves TBH, but I woke up yesterday morning with this pic of our sea location: Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter Of course, that part was closed by authorities. But I've heard everyone was okay at the beach too.

I feel so bad for the people in Japan too . The damage is enourmous. I hope they're good again soon.

The Adjusment Bureau... I've heard good things about it. But... who's acting in that? Matt Damon?

Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt.

Aw, good to know everyone's okay. I watched the coverage on the earthquake. They had images with raging fires, I can't imagine how it must be there right now.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

It must be horrible.

I want to see that movie!
I'm watching The Fighter on Tuesday...

BTW, Belle... congrats on your new board

Last edited by violet wings; 03-14-2011 at 12:17 AM
Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait for The Fighter to come out - I wanted to see it in the theaters but I missed it!

As far as Oscar movies, I've seen the following (with my brief thoughts):

The Social Network - Brilliantly acted, intriguing, Best Picture of the ones I've seen IMO.
Inception - Clever, Intelligent, always love Leo's movies
Toy Story 3 - Best Animated movie I've ever seen
Black Swan - Intense, Disturbing, great job by Natalie
127 Hours - Very Intense, Thrilling, Franco did an awesome job.

Yes Belle, I just noticed you are now Moderator of another board. Congrats - you already do a great job on this board!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, thanks Val and Rob.

Let me know if The Fighter is good. The plot didn't really interest me, but I do like Christian Bale.

And I still need to see The Social Network. I spent my half of my Sunday watching 'girly' movies with some friends. I watched The Last Song and Letters to Juliet.