Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Rachel Off-Topic #20: It's the new year, and we're looking forward to it!

New thread! Lame title though... .

Let's continue!

How's everyone's weekend so far?

Belle, I tried watching the new Top Chef on the night it aired, but I was so tired from work that I fell asleep through most of it.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.

Did you wake up in time to see who got eliminated?

ETA - It's your turn in the Hot Seat over at the THG board. You should drop by when you have time!

Last edited by water lilies; 02-14-2011 at 07:46 PM
Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

You're welcome!

Nope, I woke up when they were announcing the good people... Carla was one of them, right? I decided to stop watching there. I didn't want to spoil myself further! Still need to rewatch!

How was your weekend?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Hope you had a good one.

Thanks for reminding me. I haven't been over there at all... I've been so busy. I'll go there now.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Go Carla! Everybody's food looked tasty this time around.

My weekend was pretty good. I went out on Friday and Saturday. Watched the rest of my Planet Earth episodes and baked some carrot cupcakes with frosting. I wanted to make red velvet ones in honor of Valentine's Day, but I was missing ingredients. How about yours? Are you done with your Weed DVDs?

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

I want to rewatch it before the new episode this week.

My weekend was nice as well. I bought cupcakes for some people at work and bought myself some time... they were tasty! I went out on a girls' night on Saturday to a sushi dinner and movie, and that was fun.

Nope, I'm not done with my Weeds DVD's yet. I think I'm still on Season 2... I've been so busy with work that I haven't had time to watch them.

Eh, Valentine's Day was like any old day for me. Just work.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yum, sushi. What movie did you see? I haven't been to the movies in a long while.

Meh. Valentine's Day is so commercialized anyway.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

We wanted to see No Strings Attached, but we missed the last show, so we watched Sanctum in 3D instead. I really had no idea what the movie was about before seeing it. It was okay. It was something I'd rather watch on TV though. It was so not the movie to be watching late at night... I felt so sleepy, but somehow, I managed to watch the whole movie.

Yeah, I know.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it the movie about people stuck in a cave or something and they're trying to survive? And it's made by James Cameron?

I usually get these after Valentine's Day because they're o n sale:

Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah. They get stuck in these underwater caves. I so wasn't interested in it at all, but it was either that or Just Go With It. It wasn't worth it in 3D at all, but I had to force myself to watch it because I paid for it.

Oooh, are those cinnamon hearts? I got those today from my manager!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have chosen Just Go With It between the two. I watched Due Date with Robert Downey Jr. It wasn't very good.

They are! Aw, that's great your manager gave something for V. Day!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

This should be renamed the "Periwinkles-Rukia Thread #100 "

I'm going to insert myself in here and say that I saw Just Go With It over the weekend. It got a 19% on RT so I wasn't expecting much and we were laughing so hard the whole movie, I don't know why it got such horrible reviews. Nicole Kidman makes an extended cameo and she's hilarious also.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
This should be renamed the "Periwinkles-Rukia Thread #100
I know, right? We don't want this thread to be just between us though... we want more people to chat with, so you and anyone else are more than welcome to join us!

Quote:
They are! Aw, that's great your manager gave something for V. Day!
I felt so special, haha. They're good though!

Quote:
I would have chosen Just Go With It between the two. I watched Due Date with Robert Downey Jr. It wasn't very good.
I know! I should've. It looked really funny. But we were feeling 'adventurous', whatever that meant.

UGH! I watched Due Date when it was in theaters. I wasn't totally interested in it, but people at work were raving about how it was so funny and so good. It was so bad! RDJ's character was despicable, and Zach's character was so god-dang annoying! I was just irritated throughout the whole movie. It wasn't funny at all, and really gross at some parts.

Quote:
I'm going to insert myself in here and say that I saw Just Go With It over the weekend. It got a 19% on RT so I wasn't expecting much and we were laughing so hard the whole movie, I don't know why it got such horrible reviews. Nicole Kidman makes an extended cameo and she's hilarious also.
I should've watched it, Rob, instead of Sanctum. It looks really funny, and I'd glad you liked it!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You should join us more often, Rob! Just Go With It seems like a fun movie.

Good, I thought it was just me, Rukia! I didn't laugh once while watching Due Date, and at the end, I was thinking, "That's it?"

Any movies coming soon you're all looking forward to? I'm interested in The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. It comes out first week of March.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, Rob, you should join us!

I barely laughed either, Belle. I had to force myself at times. Most of the time, I was annoyed or grossed out by the movie.

Yes! I'm interested in The Adjustment Bureau, too! It looks interesting, and I like both Matt and Emily. Unknown with Liam Neeson looks interesting, too.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw previews on TV for Unknown, it does look pretty interesting. Are you interested in 'I Am Number 4'?

Did you have time to catch up on Top Chef?

I got roped into watching American Idol this week. They had the group portion of the auditions, which is my favorite part! They spent 2 hours on it, and I can't believe I watched it all. I don't think they used to do that in the previous seasons. This might sound mean, but I like when the groups crash and burn.