Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rachel Off Topic #13 - Happy Birthday Jess!!!!

New thread! I couldn't come up with a title, so if anyone has one to suggest, let me know.

I thought you were going to get the movie online, Jess, instead of waiting.

The Jay Leno interview was so funny. I liked when he spoke about German things and he looked up to Heidi awkwardly.

I can't believe there's only a month left until Christmas. It seems like the month of November went by so fast.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I'm always awful at titles.

I haven't watched the Leno interview yet, but I have it DVR-ed so I'll watch it later. I always love his interviews.

Eeks, I know! I only have like two weeks of school left now, definitely not looking forward to finals.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish I could just fast forward to Christmas break without having to do my finals.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

I was going to download it. But since my family is sharing my laptop at the moment, I have to be considerate and not waste all the bandwidth of my broadband. I can wait (patiently).

I love that remark Heidi gave, when she was like, "Oh I can see your face. It was hiding underneath all that hair."

I haven't even started thinking about Christmas or christmas presents. I bought seven CDs today. They were really cheap, otherwise I would've never bought them. I was planning to buy more but I realised that I still needed to save my money.

Aw, finals. I'm waiting impatiently for my marks from my finals. I've gotten two back, two more to go.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 11-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least you'll be surprised when you see the movie, then.

Have you seen the interview with him on Tyra? He was pretty funny there too.

What CDs did you get?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

My friend who's coming to see it with me next week is freaking out. She's like, "Oh man. But what if it sucks?"

I was sort of getting second hand embarassment from that Tyra interview. Tyra is so weird. So I only watched half of it. I can't believe he bit her though.

Kind of a mix of random CD's. Liz Phair, Guster, Van Morrison, The Ditty Bops, David Gray, Sondre Lerche, and The All American Rejects.

I can't believe we're in December now. (Well I am.)
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw it with my friend who hasn't read the book and she only found it okay. She found some parts really weird, but I think it's more for the book lovers.

I found her English accent pretty funny, she was really weird. I could totally see that Taylor looked super uncomfortable during the interview. They had a pie challenge that was a little bit ridiculous, but the prize was really cool though.

I can't even remember when was the last time I've bought a CD, except for Twilight.

I know, it's almost Christmas.

ETA - I'll probably be posting less these coming weeks. I have to study for my finals.

Last edited by water lilies; 12-01-2008 at 05:37 PM
Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

I was cringing when Tyra was putting on that English accent. I had a feeling before I saw it that she was gonna go there, and she went there. And the whole thong thing was weird too.

I normally don't buy CDs. I only went because I was with my brother. And I ended up buying more than he did. I'm trying to extend my musical knowledge during the holidays since I realised that taking a music course at university didn't really help me at all. (Although technically, I should be learning the stupid road code for my learners licence).

Aw, good luck for your finals.
|| JESS
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, I finally watched the Tyra interview and the whole thing was kinda odd. Rob had the funniest reactions, though!

I rarely buy CDs either, I just get them from iTunes. That's neat about the music course, I've always wanted to take one but my schedule never let me.

Oy, finals. I think they might be the death of me. But, I think that every semester. Good luck on yours, Belle!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I have to take two general education courses during my degree, which are courses outside of my degree, and I wanted to take one that was, er, not boring. We basically watched youtube videos most of the time during the lectures. It was weird. And coincidentally, that course is the last mark I'm waiting from, from my finals. I hate waiting too long.

My little suburb is having the annual Santa Parade tomorrow morning. Ick. They get worse every year.
|| JESS
Old 12-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I would love to watch YouTube during lecture! The only courses I have to take that are outside of my degree are like foreign language classes. And I'm definitely putting those off for a while.

Oh, we have a Parade back home every year too, and it's always so cheesy. Even as a kid I thought it was way too over the top.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

Ooh foreign languages. Both of my brothers had learned different languages when they were at university, and were really good at picking it up. I'm like, the rare seed in the famly. I totally sucked at Spanish when I was younger so I sorta gave up on it from the get go (although I wasn't too bad at mandarin actually) so I've tried to avoid taking those for my electives.

Aw, I loved the parades when I was younger, because they always threw wrapped candy to all the people among the streets. Lots and lots of it. But I remember going to one a couple of years ago and there was barely anything and that was disappointing.
|| JESS
Old 12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I realized I never said when I'd be back, in my haste. I'll be back towards the 17th.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
I realized I never said when I'd be back, in my haste. I'll be back towards the 17th.
Aw, good luck Belle, and see you back then.

I went into town today and found one of the best deals in the midst of shopping. I bought these 3/4 jeans for $10NZ. Which is ridiculous. You'd think they'd be crappy, but they were really good quality.

New director for New Moon? Eek!
|| JESS
Old 12-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry for the DP, but I thought I'd mention that I'll be away FF from tomorrow till Thursday the 18th. I'll be in Melbourne.
|| JESS