Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Where is Rachel? Does she have any project coming up? She needs to get back out there and working soon!

Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She doesn't seem to have any projects lined up soon, but hopefully when she'll come back, the project she chooses will be phenomenal, since she had all this time to pick a great script.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 PM
New Fan

new pics of Rachel... enjoy!

http://www.keystonepress.net/search_...in+Los+Angeles
Old 05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
New Fan

Last edited by meany; 05-05-2006 at 06:35 AM
Old 05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
New Fan

Last edited by meany; 05-05-2006 at 06:35 AM
Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
New Fan

new pics

Sorry about the quadruple post... my comp was messing

Last edited by meany; 05-05-2006 at 06:36 AM
Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles
She doesn't seem to have any projects lined up soon, but hopefully when she'll come back, the project she chooses will be phenomenal, since she had all this time to pick a great script.
The only thing is if she waits too long she's not going to be the 'it' girl anymore and the offers aren't going to pour in as much or the offers won't be as good.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:39 AM
New Fan

RACHEL HAS SIGNED UP FOR A NEW MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

From http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...goryID=13&cs=1

Credit goes to smokelikeribbons on RAchel McAdams boards

Quote:
'Marriage' vows taken
Quartet wed to 1940s drama

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Pierce Brosnan, Chris Cooper, Patricia Clarkson and Rachel McAdams are heading to the altar for "Marriage," a 1940s-set drama written by Oren Moverman and Ira Sachs. The latter will direct.

Sidney Kimmel Entertainment is putting together the financing and Steve GolinSteve Golin's Anonymous ContentAnonymous Content is producing. Plan is to distribute domestically through MGM. Kimmel Intl. will sell pic at Cannes.

Story concerns a married man who cheats; to spare his wife the shame of a divorce, he plots to kill her.

Deals are still coming together for a July production start.

Producers are Kimmel, Golin, Sachs and Jawal Nga. Bill Horberg and Alix Madigan exec produce.

Sachs last wrote and directed "Forty Shades of Blue." McAdams' last project was "Wedding Crashers." Cooper will shoot while concurrently starring in the Peter BergPeter Berg-directed "The Kingdom."

An MGM spokesman said the studio is not aligned to the pic at this point.

Date in print: Fri., May 5, 2006, Los Angeles
Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Sounds good. Rachel's in good company.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Supreme Fan

The movie sounds like it's gonna be good one. A "murder romance."

If you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt
Old 05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, thanks so much for the news.

I've always wanted to see Rachel in a period piece and the plot definitely sounds interesting. I also love Patricia Clarkson and it'd be great to see her and Rachel on screen together.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Wow that movie sounds awesome. Can't wait for it.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Yah finally signed on to a movie, it's good that she picks her films carefully.
http://movies.ph.groups.yahoo.com/gr...mcadamsfanclub
Old 05-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, that's wonderful news to hear that she's going to film a new movie soon Sounds great! Love to hear more about it soon.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 05-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

An interview with Rachel on "Marriage":
Quote:
Marriage for McAdams - But don’t jump the gun!
Friday May 05, 2006

Rachel McAdams has put an end to all the Internet and tabloid rumours. There will be a wedding this summer ... or, at least, a marriage.

In an interview with the Times-Journal Thursday, the St. Thomas native revealed her highly anticipated next project would be Marriage, Ira Sachs’ follow-up to Forty Shades of Blue, his 2005 Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury prize-winning film.
“It’s a murder romance,” said McAdams. “A guy decides to kill his wife. It’s with Chris Cooper and I play the other woman.”

According to McAdams, an actor has yet to sign on for the role of the wife.
The 29-year old star of the holiday dramedy The Family Stone, released this week on DVD, praised her Oscar-winning co-star and her gifted director.
“I think he (Cooper) is one of the better actors working and Ira Sachs is a great director,” said McAdams. Cooper won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for Adaptation.

Marriage is set to begin filming in July “somewhere in Canada,” says McAdams.
Fans of the Central Elgin Collegiate Institute graduate have been waiting a long time for McAdams’ next movie -- the Family Stone was released in theatres on Dec. 16, 2005.

“I just wanted to refuel. I wanted to take a look at my life and my career,” explained McAdams. “I wanted to take a little longer in deciding what I wanted to work on next.”

And who could blame her? 2005 belonged to McAdams.

Dubbed Hollywood’s next “It” girl by everyone from Entertainment Weekly to Newsweek last year, McAdams picked up three MTV Movie awards
for her 2004 breakout roles in The Notebook (best kiss) and Mean Girls (breakthrough female and best on-screen team) and has since been nominated for another this year, Best Performance for the 2005 Wes Craven thriller, Red Eye. Her other hit of last summer, Wedding Crashers, with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, is up for best movie.

“It’s very flattering to be recognized by your peers in that demographic,” said McAdams. “The MTV Movie Awards are voted on by the people who are actually watching the movies, not by the people who decide who is going to win awards.”
Having worked on The Family Stone with Luke Wilson, McAdams has now shared the screen with both of the Texas-born Wilson brothers -- central players, along with Vaughn, Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell and Jack Black, in this generation’s version of the Rat Pack, the Frat Pack.

So who’s funnier?

“They are both very funny and obviously very talented,” McAdams said, with a laugh. “They have an older brother, Andrew, who is a very talented director and is very funny, as well. I had more fun on The Family Stone and Wedding Crashers than any other films that I have worked on and Luke and Owen were a big part of that.”

With Marriage, McAdams has decided to re-enter the spotlight with a very serious role, but she said it won’t be long before she is back to her comedic ways.
“Absolutely, I want to do more comedy,” said McAdams. “Comedy is the hardest challenge -- you know, being funny without necessarily trying to be funny.”
Another genre that McAdams would consider is an action flick, just not now. After being rumoured, by thousands in online chatrooms and blogs, to be Sue Storm in Fantastic Four, a Bond Girl and even a candidate to play Wonder Woman in the forthcoming feature, McAdams said the time isn’t right to join a “franchise.”

“I think those franchise films would be a lot of fun and I would love to do the stunt work. It’s a great way to test you physically, but it’s not what I wanted to challenge myself with right now.”

And when the Times-Journal popped the big question, the answer was a resounding, "No!"

Despite reports in Teen Tribute that McAdams and Notebook co-star Ryan Gosling were shopping for wedding rings, McAdams said, “No, definitely not. Funny enough, I’ve never even talked to Teen Tribute magazine.”

And while she didn’t want to get into details, she laughed off the recent In Touch magazine poll that named her and Gosling one of Hollywood’s most stylish couples.

Not bad for a St. Thomas girl and a London boy living in Toronto.
“I don’t really consider myself to be a stylish person. I just put on what feels good in the morning. I look to other people for my cues on style,” explained McAdams, who holds a bachelor of fine arts degree from York University.
McAdams and Gosling were also rapped about in arguably the most talked about Saturday Night Live skit in years, Lazy Sunday -- The Chronic of Narnia.

“No doubt that bakery’s got all the bomb frostings.
"I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.”
“I definitely received more phone calls and e-mails than any other time or for any other award that I have ever won,” laughed McAdams.

The daughter of Lance and Sandy McAdams won a City of St. Thomas Civic Award last week in the culture category. And although she was unable to attend the ceremony, McAdams said she was deeply touched by the recognition.
“It’s great to be recognized by your community, by the people who nurtured you and helped you out along the way. It’s the most flattering,” said McAdams.

“There were so many influences in St. Thomas, teachers at Central Elgin, like Linda Maskell and Christopher Pereira, and my family and friends -- people that gave me support and confidence for when I left St. Thomas for the big city of Toronto to start my career.”
http://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/story.php?id=228851