Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi guys! According to this list, we might see Rachel looking gorgeous on the red carpet on Monday :

The 2014 Met Gala Guest List: Your Updated Guide To Who's Attending : Lucky Magazine

I so hope it's true!
Old 05-03-2014, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting, so excited. I'm not sure how reliable Lucky Magazine is but most of the names are already confirmed by THR a few weeks ago.

I think it's interesting that she is mentioned, because Rachel usually doesn't go to events like this so it's not like she is an obvious guess. If she does show up then it will be her first time at the MET. I assume this is work related, but I'm curious in what way. It's possible that she is supporting Bradley, who is co-chairman at this year's gala. Another possibility is that she has a Vogue cover coming up or maybe another magazine cover (THR is reporting that "it's covers that are at stake here" when attending the MET). She only attended two fashion weeks so far in her career and both because she was promoting a cover (Vogue 2010 and Elle 2007). She doesn't have any movies coming out so it would be a bit pre-mature to already start promotion for them. It's of course also possible that I'm over thinking it and that Rachel just wanted to attend the event or that Lucky got her name wrong.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I came across this article from last month in the Hollywood Reporter regarding this year's Met Gala theme:

Quote:
MET GALA: THE GUEST-LIST CRACKDOWN
Anna Wintour "wants more exclusivity" - and white ties on men - when the fashion world's preeminent event returns to New York City on May 5.

It is not without intention that this year's May 5 Metropolitan Museum Gala and Costume Exhibit theme "Charles James: Beyond Fashion (1906-1978)" is diametrically opposed to last year's raucous and rakish "Punk." Considered one of the few true American couturiers, James perfected the art of the ballgown.

Simply put: That's the way Conde Nast artistic director Anna Wintour wants it. For the official opening of the newly renovated and renamed Anna Wintour Costume Center (to which Lizzie and Jonathan Tisch donated a cool $10 million), a source tells THR, "Anna wants more exclusivity and high fashion" - though one-half of April's cover, Kim Kardashian, is still on the invitation list - and raised ticket prices from $15,000 to $25,000 per person.

Vogue sent out an "informative email," says a source, "for gentlemen to be dressed in white tie. That means black tails and top hats - you might as well ask them to wear monocles and canes!" Menswear designers, flummoxed, went back to the drawing board; few even do white tie. Expect a male contingent, including Gala co-chair Bradley Cooper, to be vaguely reminiscent of the Edwardians.

There's no mandate for women, but the Jamesian-style ball gowns are expected to stun -- and make group photos, as well as walking the Met's stairs, challenging. THR hears attendance was booked fast and early: Prada will be represented by brand face Lupita Nyong'o and Michelle Dockery; Prabal Gurung by Zoe Saldana; Givenchy by Amanda Seyfried; J. Mendel by Taylor Swift; Diane von Furstenberg by Margot Robbie and Olivia Munn; Tommy Hilfiger by Zooey Deschanel; with Jessica Chastain, Emilia Clarke, Naomi Watts, Jessica Pare and Allison Williams also attending. Lanvin's Alber Elbaz will be there with a mystery celeb, but not usual house model Emma Stone. According to sources, with less prominent designers, some stars are being paid to attend, flown in first-class, put up in hotel suites … and, of course, there's that steep ticket price.

Now, according to another New York based insider, the pairing of designers and celebrities is as orchestrated by Anna as the Costume Exhibit itself.

"Here's how it works," the source tells THR. "Vogue brings the designers' clothes up to the magazine They lay it all out and then they pair celebrities with the designers and their gowns. The level of control is amazing. The invasion of Baghdad was nothing compared to this. If Michael Kors is coming, Anna is deciding which celebrity will wear Michael Kors and which Michael Kors outfit the celebrity will wear."

According to the source, one of the reasons this is done is so that Vogue's expansive coverage of New York's "Party of the Year," as it has been called in the past, will be able to feature a wide array of designers.

"They're developing content for the magazine," says the source. "They devote many pages of the magazine to this event, and they don't want photos of nine Diors and one Chanel," Source says that Anna's team also assigns celebrities and other key players to the tables of the deep-pocket donors in the room and even if they have bought the entire table, they may not get to decide who sits in all of the seats.

Source also said that when it comes to celebrities an invitation from Anna to this ball is essentially a command performance. "It's covers that are at stake here," says the source. "And not just Vogue -- all of Conde Nast," now that Wintour is the company's Artistic Director. "No excuses will be asked for because none will be accepted.
I've read a few other articles which suggest that Anna wasn't too happy with some of the outfits on display from last year. Interesting to hear that Anna is basically hand-picking the guests and their designers for this year. Keen to see if Rachel is attending and who she will be wearing
Old 05-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ball gown?! wooo fancy!

I really hope Rachel attends
Old 05-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Looks like she is really attending the MET gala. New York sighting with photo from today:

Quote:
@rachelmcadams graced us with her beautiful presence today @cafebouludny some excited boys!...and girls #rachelmcadams
http://instagram.com/p/njBq81Qb3W/
EDIT: And another one that confirms she is in NYC:
Quote:
MY DAD FLEW RACHEL MCADAMS TO NEW YORK TODAY.... THAT IS SO FETCH
https://twitter.com/lauramilesxo/sta...47494330662912

Last edited by winterbird; 05-04-2014 at 04:25 AM
Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

OH MY GOD. IT IS SO UNLIKE HER TO ATTEND ONE OF THESE THINGS. When I saw that email notification pop up about her attending MET from ONTD, I was really surprised and I actually put in effort in finding her name, thinking that it was maybe wrong...

But omg, when was the last time she attended a red carpet event that wasn't work-related?? I mean, she even did that random SPY KIDS movie or whatever for her sister's boyfriend which was really random, but aside from that, I think most of her events are directly related to her.

So I wonder maybe she got paid to attend this?? IDK. It just feels so out of nowhere! For her to fly to NYC just for /one/ event. Maybe this is also WME working their acts lol.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

That was exactly my whole thought process, Wendy!

I'm SO excited about it though, ahh ahh AHH!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

My guess would be that she is going to support Bradley (who is co-chair this year) and also because Anna Wintour was apparently unhappy with last year's event and wanted it to be a classier affair this year. Rachel is a gorgeous and very classy lady, I'd beg her to come too If she poses for any pictures with Leighton Meester I might die!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleWoods (View Post)
My guess would be that she is going to support Bradley (who is co-chair this year) and also because Anna Wintour was apparently unhappy with last year's event and wanted it to be a classier affair this year. Rachel is a gorgeous and very classy lady, I'd beg her to come too If she poses for any pictures with Leighton Meester I might die!
I'm going to assume it's safe to say you've seen the photos of Rachel & Leighton from a few years ago, yes?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

AHHH you know I did, but I'd forgotten about them! Two perfect-looking women Is it greedy to still want new ones?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

I assume NYC sighting, maybe at one of the after parties?
Quote:
I JUST SAW RACHEL MCADAMS RUNNIN IN EAGLE ROCK. Omg & she smiled @ me and my momma. She's so perf
https://twitter.com/RicaaSuave/statu...17258145206273
Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

This sighting is correct, she is so perf. And I love those pics with Leighton!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Another NYC sighting from yesterday:
Quote:
My brother met Rachel Mcadams at work. Why, just why? #hesnotworthy #jealous
https://twitter.com/kare_bear22/stat...94828958912514
And Rachel was photographed out & about in NYC yesterday:

She is carrying a Rag & Bone bag, I wonder what she bought
Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the sighting and the photo, Lindsey! That's the shirt from her Food & Water First photo session!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Ooh good eye Amanda!! You are right and I think her coat is the same as the one she wore to Sundance?

NYC sighting from today:
Quote:
OMG RACHEL MCADAMS IS BY BMCCCC
https://twitter.com/__adelinaa/statu...18583975350273