Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for sharing it!
Old 03-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Diego Klattenhoff (who played Shane Oman) talked about his Mean Girls experience:

Diego Klattenhoff On Shane Oman's Memorable 'Mean Girls' Scene: 'My Balls Kept Falling Out'
lis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

Thanks for sharing Lis

An update on the Mean Girls musical adaption:
Quote:
“There’s been quite a lot of progress on it. Here’s what I can tell you: We’ve been writing with… Nell Benjamin of Legally Blonde fame, she’s working with us as a lyricist. We’ve been working for a long time now. I’m going to say it’s like 60 percent written, and it’s being staffed creatively… We are looking to do some actual solid readings coming around this summer. The Kimmy Schmidt thing took a lot more time than we all thought, so it slowed some Mean Girls stuff down.”
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/unbreakable...ail&soc_trk=ma
Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

This is pretty cool:

Quote:
What The Characters From “Mean Girls” Are Up To Now
Regina George: What she’s up to now: As an all star player on the Lady Lions Lacrosse team, Regina won a scholarship to Boston College where she led the team in back-to-back victories (and back-to-back neck injuries). Today she’s the youngest captain of the U.S. Women’s National Lacrosse Team and occasionally does commercials in Japan to promote the sport abroad.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/wh...now#.vvNLMXzVd
Old 03-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Commercials in Japan.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

Regina George is part of THR's 'Hoppy Easter' list:
Quote:
Rachel McAdams, Mean Girls
In the 2004 comedy, clique leader Regina George (Rachel McAdams) dons a risqué bunny costume for Halloween, because as Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) would say, it's "the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total ****, and no other girls can say anything about it." — Meena Jang
Hoppy Easter! 20 Great Rabbits in Pop Culture - Hollywood Reporter
Old 05-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

'Mean Girls' is No. 21 in The Telegraph's Robbie Collin's "The 21 greatest teen movies" list.

Quote:
In recent years, the smart American teen movie has threatened to make a comeback, with Drew Barrymore’s Whip It and Will Gluck’s Easy A moving the genre in a direction of which you suspect Kat Stratford would approve. But both of those films felt possible thanks to Mean Girls, written by Tina Fey and starring Lindsay Lohan, in which a home-educated ingénue plunges into the high-school jungle. It’s funny, wise, endlessly quotable and so well observed it stings.
21 best teen movies
lis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing, guys! I love that Mean Girls is always going to be such a classic.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

Thanks for sharing Lis
Old 06-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

Indiewire included Rachel's performance as Regina George as one of their top 5 best performance by Rachel:

Quote:
"Mean Girls" (2004)
With her biggest role to that point being in 2002's "The Hot Chick" which not even the most avid of McAdams fans can bear to sit through more than once (only the nadir of the body-swap genre would have anyone body-swapping with Rob Schneider), she again got cast as a bitchy "popular" high schooler in her very next film. However this time out, it would be in the generation-defining high school comedy "Mean Girls" directed by Mark Waters from the script by Tina Fey. It's funny that McAdams, whose subsequent star image often plays on the inherently sympathetic nature of her appeal, should find her first really great role as a villain, but that's exactly what her unforgettable Regina George is. Spoiled, petty, narcissistic and manipulative, she is almost the antithesis of Romantic Lead McAdams (who is invariably both steadfast and self-deprecating: "I look a bit like a squirrel" she claims in "About Time"). As a result, it's Regina who comes in for the cruelest punishments. Still, although tricked into gaining weight, stripped of her spiteful support system and eventually forced to attend prom in a back brace, perhaps the cleverest part of McAdams' performance (along with Fey's clever script) is that we don't leave the movie cackling at her downfall. Instead, there's a genuine lesson in Regina's last-minute transformation into someone we actually care to see redeemed, and that could only come from a performance in which the character is inhabited as a person, rather than a cartoon character. "It's only funny when the sucker's got dignity" quoth Krusty the Clown on the philosophy of pie-throwing, but it stands for all great pride-before-a-fall performances, and McAdams makes Regina George simultaneously hateable, redeemable and damn funny. In a touchpoint film littered with great performances from its rising star cast, hers might be the actual powerhouse.
More: The Essentials: The 5 Best Rachel McAdams Performances | The Playlist
Old 06-29-2015, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

Jodi Lyn O'Keefe talked about Rachel in a recent interview:
Quote:
Sorry. Now maybe it's awkward to move on to a lighter note, but what other actresses who've played the "hot mean girl" have you admired? Is there a performance since yours that stands out to you?
All of them. Mean Girls was phenomenal, Rachel McAdams was on point the entire time and so fantastic. I think she was my favorite.

You have to watch True Detective now, she's in it this season.
I can't wait. I watched the first season. She's one of my faves, I love her.
The Mean Girl From "She's All That" Talks Set Crushes and Her Friendship With Lil' Kim
Old 07-07-2015, 03:41 PM
New Fan

Mean Girls is mentioned in EW's "coming of age movies that meant the most in our formative years" article (July 3):
april2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing, guys! I love that Mean Girls is still such a big deal. Just yesterday one of my friends posted a selfie with a quote from it on Facebook.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

heyuguys named Rachel's performance in Mean Girls among her 6 best performances:

Quote:
Mean Girls
Perhaps the title to truly rocket McAdams from the small to the silver screen, Mean Girls is the chick flick that is socially acceptable to adore regards of age, preference or gender. Much like Clueless, Tina Fey and Mark Walter's exquisite comedy has become an icon of youth filmmaking and surely ranks amongst the most quotable modern movies.

Our actress embodies the beautiful but bitter Regina George; the overlord of high school clique royalty "The Plastics". Every guy wants her, every girl wants to be her, and like the truest queen of the corridors, she reveals in every bit of her social glory. Spitting Fey's electric dialogue like bile, she gnashes and growls through pearly-white smiles delivering side-splitting putdowns as frequently as her showcases for the latest fashion trends. Her army in battle features delightfully dim-witted Karen (Amanda Seyfried), irritating and idolising Gretchen (Lacey Chabert) and the new kid who becomes ushered into their candy-pink chains, Cady (Lindsey Lohan).

f you don't love Mean Girls, then there really is only one thing to say: "Boo, you whore!"
Six of the Best: Rachel McAdams - HeyUGuys
Old 07-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Rachel McAdams

New quote from Jonathan Bennett:
Quote:
HB: I am so hungry. It's been over a decade since Mean Girls. Do you still think about that movie as much as I do?
JB: What's weird is that I had a dream about Rachel McAdams last night. It was her when she was dressed up in her fat suit.
Mean Girls Jonathan Bennett Interview - Jonathan Bennett Mean Girls, Cake Wars