Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Paige (The Vow) S&S #2: We'll have our tissues ready on February 10

The Vow

"I vow to love you. And no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other."

Plot: Based on a true story, a newlywed couple recovers from a car accident that puts the wife (McAdams) in a coma. Waking up with with severe memory loss, her husband (Tatum) endeavors to win her heart again.

Director: Michael Sucsy
Written by: Abby Kohn, Marc Silverstein, Michael Sucsy

Cast:
Rachel McAdams ... Paige
Channing Tatum... Leo
Scott Speedman ... Jeremy
Jessica Lange ... Paige's mother
Sam Neill ... Paige's father
Dillon Casey ... Alex
Jessica McNamee ... Gwen

001. Ladybugger
002. lindsey-

"The Vow" was filmed in the fall of 2010 in Toronto and Chicago.

"Life's all about moments of impact, and how they change our lives forever"

"The Vow" will hit theaters February 10, 2012

Thanks to Periwinkles & lindsey-

Last edited by winterbird; 04-10-2012 at 02:03 PM
Old 01-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

New thread

Latest news:
Interview with the Carpenters: NM couple talks about movie based on their love story | KOB.com

The interview also confirmed the hollywood (LA) premiere of the movie: February 6, 2012

Channing probably started promoting, a journalist tweeted today:
Quote:
Channing Tatum was impressed by my THE NOTEBOOK notebook. Said he'll tell Rachel about it. That's McAdams. #thevow
https://twitter.com/#!/FredTopel/sta...65665003876352
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

I wonder what The Notebook notebook is?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Passionate Fan

The first post looks beautiful guys
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
I wonder what The Notebook notebook is?
I think a typo? And I just realized Channing is promoting his upcoming movie Haywire which comes out January 21 but I hope Rachel will start promoting The Vow soon!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt! i love the title!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Maybe the promoting did start, a video of Channing and Rachel introduction The Vow to Latin American fans: The Vow Latin America Introduction

It seems like a recent video, it was filmed on a other day then Channing's sweet nothing facebook videos since he is wearing a different outfit.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the video, Lindsey.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

I do not like Rachel's shirt at all... I wonder if they also recorded videos for the facebook account since so far only videos with Channing were released.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

It looks like there will be really heavy promotion for this, which is great. The video was probably filmed in December when Rachel was in town for the SH premiere.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

I guess you are right, or maybe during the filming for The Vow. I hope you are right about the promo part! I really miss frequent Rachel news, it's been so quite lately...

Channing always promotes his movies heavily, so I hope Rachel will follow. I expect at least a late night show and/or morning show appearance. I am keeping an eye on Channing interviews since he is promoting Haywire and I expect The Vow questions as well

Just remembered, the webmaster of Channing's official website e-mailed me. She will work closely with Sony pictures and Channing to promote the movie.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's so awesome that he's really involved. Hopefully, we'll get lots of Rachel as well.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Yes I love it too And he is using social media like twitter to do promo stuff as well so that's great!

Recently came across a blog post of a girl who was an extra during The Vow.

Photo: http://jvmarie.files.wordpress.com/2...0915-23321.jpg

Quote:
For some odd reason, I’m fascinated with how celebrities are in real life. Considering the majority of what they say is extremely rehearsed and censored, it’s hard to know what they’re actually like without the camera’s rolling. That being said, I was relieved Rachel McAdams was just as lovely in person as she is in interviews. She also has the most flawless, porcelain complexion. I say this in the least creepiest way, of course!
Full blog: http://jvmarie.wordpress.com/2012/01...-my-autograph/

Last edited by winterbird; 01-10-2012 at 02:00 AM
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Channing is on the cover of this month's Details
Quote:
"You gotta do the Dear Johns," Tatum says."You gotta do The Vow." He's talking about this month's installment of Channing Tatum Will Crush Your Aorta With His Eyes, His Abs, and His Unbelievable Propensity to Stand by Your Side Through Anything, Always, No Matter What. It's not officially a Nicholas Sparks movie, but it may as well be. Plot: Tatum's wife, played by Rachel McAdams, loses her memory after being propelled, slo-mo, Nine Inch Nails-video-style, through a windshield. Tatum is then charged with the hero's quest of making her remember everything, making her . . . love him again. It's based on a true story, so Happy Valentine's Day from all your friends in the neuropsych ward.

"I'm conscious about why I did those parts, those movies," Tatum says after jokingly apologizing for my having had to watch them. He says he took the roles for the sake of his education, which is, of course, an industry trope. But it's one he delivers with such sincerity that it's impossible not to absolutely take him at his word. "I wanted to learn from Rachel on The Vow," he says. "I wanted to learn from Lasse Hallström on Dear John—he did The Cider House Rules and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I didn't go to acting school, so my knowledge of story, filmmaking, and character comes from just being on set and doing it." We have another Knob Creek moment, merging onto the Hollywood Freeway, heading for Burbank. "I know I'm not the best actor," he says. "But I hope my characters are getting better."
3 Guns. 400 Bullets. 9 Shots of Bourbon. An Afternoon With Channing Tatum.: Cover Stars : Details
Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

I was about to post that Laura. It is refreshing the way he talks about himself and his acting. I admire he is admitting he is not the best actor, and he wanted to learn from Rachel.

A lot of advanced screening coming up of The Vow late January and early february: http://advancescreenings.com/movie/the_vow/

Last edited by winterbird; 01-10-2012 at 10:57 AM