Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

I guess so Amanda. I never really paid much attention to BO results until recently but The Vow did amazingly well now that I look back. I mean the other movies mentioned in the articles are all adapted from novels and like you said Amanda about TFIOS they have a following already.

The Vow was not adapted from a bestseller and 'only' had Rachel and Channing as main draw and still managed to have such a huge opening.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

I came across this interview with Busy Philipps, who is married to Marc Silverstein. Silverstein wrote the screenplay for The Vow:

Quote:
"It was interesting when we were writing our wedding vows together [in 2007] and it was interesting what he came up with, because obviously it was so beautiful and well written," Philipps told ABC News. "I was like 'Oh really? You feel that about me? Oh right this is what you do for a living, oh my God you are so good at it!'"

In fact, Philipps said some of her and her husband's wedding vows made their way into 2012's "The Vow" starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams.

"That was a nice surprise for me, he never told me that he did that. Sometimes I read his scripts, sometimes I don't," Philipps said. "I hadn't read 'The Vow' script. I watched it on an airplane and was sobbing hysterically during the vows part because I saw my wedding vows in there with Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum saying them to each other (laughs)!"
Busy Philipps: My Husband Used Our Wedding Vows in a Channing Tatum.. | 7online.com
Old 06-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Please add me
Old 06-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

I love that, Lindsey!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Please add me
Added you

Looks like TFIOS will have a bigger opening weekend than The Vow (which made $41.2 million):
Quote:
Friday Box Office: #1 YA sob story 'Fault In Our Stars' (Fox - 3173 runs) opens to big $24M incl $8.2M Thurs late for hefty $53M weekend.
https://twitter.com/NikkiFinke/statu...53785359040513
I have to say that 41.2M opening of The Vow is still impressive. TFIOS had a much bigger promotion tour and following - like Amanda mentioned before - and opened in February which is usually not a good month for the BO in general.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

I didn't think about it but you're right, they DID have a ridiculous tour thing going for them. And I agree, The Vow's opening was still really impressive.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Sadly I think 50 shades will beat The Vow's Valentine week's opening record but I *really* hope it won't. I mean it would be kind of cool if The Vow will keep it's record but I guess the chances of that happening are really small.

New quote from Rachel's allure interview on Channing:
Quote:
"My favorite person in Hollywood. There are many, but he’s one of them. He’s such a nice person. Very soulful guy."
She also talked about Channing's prank:
Quote:
McAdams doesn’t talk about acting as if it’s a great mystery. She isn’t precious describing how she prepares for a scene, and she generously shares credit with her costars—in the case of Channing Tatum, by describing how he pranked her on the set of The Vow. Tatum helped McAdams express believable surprise as a woman suffering from memory loss who doesn’t remember her relationship with her husband and is therefore shocked when he casually walks into their bedroom stark-naked. “I had to have a very intense reaction.” McAdams says. Tatum did his part: He wore a prosthetic penis, which he’d asked the props department to create on the sly. “He didn’t want me to have to pretend too much, so he was helping me out, I guess.” She smirks. “It was very professional.”
Library | Rachel McAdams Online » Blog Archive » Allure: Cool & Hot
Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

I am so horrified about the whole 50 Shades film altogether. So I reeeeally hope it won't too.

And thanks for sharing the quotes, Lindsey!
Old 08-19-2014, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

New mention from Kim & Krickitt Carpenter:
Quote:
The couple's story was so unique that Hollywood decided it would make a great film and cast Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. The movie was a massive hit, and the Carpenters were impressed with the film but did express one regret, saying that they wished more of their faith had been expressed.

"The movie doesn't talk about faith significantly," Kim told Fox411 in 2012 after the movie was released. "It would have been nice to see more of it."
'The Vow' Couple Re-Dedicates Marriage: 'Thank You Jesus for All Your Love, Faithfulness'
Old 08-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I remember reading about that. I also remember reading the script and how the F-bomb was totally removed from the film and it made me laugh.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

I've never read the script, so that's a nice fun fact to know

straight to hell
Old 11-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Argh, she is so lovely. I love her smile.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Yeah me too Amanda

It's nice to see how Channing's career is taking off now with Foxcatcher, Magic Mike and the BO success of jump street
Old 11-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

I remember when I first learned that she was going to be doing this one with Chan I was like, WHY WOULD SHE EVER DROP TO THAT LEVEL??? And then being so surprised by him when I finally saw it!
Old 11-10-2014, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

I love how he gushed and praised Rachel throughout the whole promo tour

http://****yeahmcgosling.tumblr.com/post/16063690064