Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

I'm so excited about this! What was the total budget on it, do we know? And what are Richard Curtis's other films grosses? Where do I find this kind of information?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

I have no idea what the budget is, but I know in the beginning Emma Freud described it as small budget (or something like that). Box Office Mojo is a good search, they don't have a page for Richard Curtis but they do have one for Tim Bevan. Boat that Rocked made $36,348,784 in total and Love Actually $246,942,017. It's probably not going to make as much as Love Actually or Notting Hill (which made over $363,889,678) but Boat That Rocked is kind of considered a Richard Curtis flop and it will probably make more than that

I'm still really curious for what movie roles both Rachel and Richard Curtis referred to as Rachel turning it down, because I also remeber the producers saying that they made every script Curtis wrote into a movie.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for all the news, guys

About Time's wiki article is stating the budget at "$35 million" but I'm not sure how reliable this is.

I'm curious too, maybe one day we'll find out
Old 10-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I saw that on Wiki too, but I never know what to trust about Wikipedia articles.

I'm still so curious about it too though! Just another question we'll have to tack onto the list for when we all meet her one day.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

$35M is not really a small budget movie

Only a few more days until the Hamptons Film Festival Opening night. Richard Curtis is expected to attend, Rachel will probably not show up since it's a 9.40 hour flight to New York
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't imagine she'll be there. Are any of the other cast going?

Also, I meant to post about this earlier, but I saw a post on Tumblr that links here where you can get tickets to advanced screenings. I was having a dilemma because I'm supposed to watch it with my sister when it comes out properly in November here (but we won't get to see it til like a week after the release O_O I'M DYING) but I just went back and looked again and the screening closest to me is apparently already full because it's removed from the list! GUESS THEY MADE MY DECISION FOR ME, HUH? There are just a handful of options left over, but if anyone can get tickets to any of those, that'll be fun!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

It will probably be more fun to see it with your sisters (still wish we could see it together, trust me you will fall in love with Rachel all over again with the movie).

The movie is still in the top 10 of the UK box office, this time #9 (only 5 weeks showing movie in the top 25). But I assume it's the last week it will be in the top 10. Full list: United Kingdom Box Office, October 46, 2013
Old 10-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

I know, I'm sure that's true, I'm just d y i n g to see it.

AND THIS IS AMAZING! The only movie out five weeks still in the Top 25?! YES!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

So I might get to go to an advance screening tonight!! OH MY GOD.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Did you get to go?! You have to tell us EVERYTHING!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

i'm exhausted atm from a really long day but i wrote a review at letterboxd that you guys can read: ‘About Time’ review by Wendy • Letterboxd

but in summary - I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING LINDSEY SAID. it's a rom-com, but it's not really a rom-com. it's also not really rachel's movie. i would say she's the third most important character. richard curtis really knows how to set the mood for his movies though.

and oh, after writing that review, i looked at rotten tomatoes and it bums me out that critic reviews are so mixed about this movie =/
Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

So excited you saw it Wendy! And your review is lovely!!

New interview with probably the biggest cinema brand in Holland:
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

That's a great review, Wendy! I'm so excited that all of us who've seen it have loved it. It's building my expectations up so high, but let's be honest I LOVE EVERYTHING, SO OF COURSE I'M GOING TO LOVE IT REGARDLESS.

And this interview is too cute! I feel like if I were an actor I'd be the Bill Nighy sort who just never, ever watched anything they were in. Domhnall is adorable. I just wanna squeeze him.

And your review reminded me, Wendy, that I got my greedy little paws on the soundtrack yesterday, so I'm going to listen to that today and I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

The dutch media is loving the movie. Big news papers Like NRC, NRC Next, AD, Telegraaf, Metro and Spits all gave it 4 out of 5 stars!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Exciting!!! I'm so pleased with the reaction to this one! I can't wait to bring my sister to see it and to get a big dose of the Warm Fuzzies.