Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey hey Thread #6, nice one

Love the first pic of them at the Teen Choice Awards - they just look like they fit together
Old 09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

The thread title is so cute... and true!
Old 09-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Awww, the title sure is true!

Lucy, thanks for reposting those great pics! That one is one my favourites as well!

Ah, apparently I'm not on the shipper list. And I was sure I was there from the beginning. Could you please add me, Anji?
Old 09-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban~Goddess
Hey hey Thread #6, nice one

Love the first pic of them at the Teen Choice Awards - they just look like they fit together
Hey you. Love your avie. I totally agree. They do look like they fit together.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:45 PM
New Fan

Cute new title. I think this thread could use some R/R quotes.

RYAN ON RACHEL
"She was inspiring. You know, she's just like Allie in the movie: She laughs like that, she talks like that. She's elated one minute and devastated the next. She's a very real person. You tend to forget what real people are in this business but she was a jolt of reality, you know?"

“I think Rachel is really – she's got chops, ya know. What's interesting is that I really don't think we would have made the film if we hadn't found Rachel. Really this is Rachel's movie. If this is a car, she's driving it and we're in it. So it all, for me, depended on finding somebody that could do that and also play a young Gena [Rowlands] because Gena’s probably one of the best actors ever, so it's kind of tricky.”

"I'd certainly never said 'I love you' or anything like that on screen before and it was important for us to find somebody who hadn't either. And not only did we find that in [Rachel] but we found this like, she had this incredible talent."

"She's lovely."

What’s it like working with Rachel McAdams?
"Lovely, and the truth is I probably wouldn’t have done the film if she wouldn’t have done it."

RACHEL ON RYAN
"Ryan's been doing it longer than I have so he's a bit more seasoned and, you know, I looked at him sometimes for guideance. He understood the technical stuff a little bit better and um, and has a very interesting, you know, very intellectual way of looking at acting. I learned a lot from him."

RACHEL ON THEIR ON-SCREEN TEAM
"Right, an unlikely pair. It's interesting, I mean, I think that the fact that we are so different, that we complimented each other in the end."

RYAN ON CHEMISTRY
Can you define how chemistry is created or is it simply theory?

Ryan Gosling: I can’t define it.

So is it more organic?

Ryan Gosling: I don’t know how. I think we had a mutual respect for one another. She brought it to the set and I did the same thing and I think that’s what it was.

RACHEL ON CHEMISTRY
How do you create chemistry or do you? I mean is it there?

Rachel McAdams: I don’t know, it’s so intangible, I don’t know how to explain. It just happens or it doesn’t.

And do you feel it’s something that only others see or is it something you feel?

Rachel McAdams: Well that’s the casting director’s art form to be able to see the chemistry in two people. You know Ryan is very different from me, but you know he really was rooting for me, so I think that’s what helped.

RYAN ON KISSING RACHEL
"You have to be born with a magic mouth," Gosling joked backstage with ET. "Some have said about Rachel that she's kind of like what Jimi Hendrix was to the guitar."

RACHEL ON KISSING RYAN
[Ryan Gosling approaches for an interview and so the last question to Rachel McAdams ends up being one about Gosling, when he's in close enough proximity to overhear] What's it like to kiss this guy?
"Oh, it was… Uhhh, it’s hard to say when he’s standing right here (blushing). I can’t really say (laughing)."

Was that the best [kiss] you had on the screen?
"In my lifetime? So far? [slyly] It was pretty good, yeah."

ON LOVE SCENES
There's some real...affection, that develops, obviously, on screen between the two of you. But you don't know each other when you begin the movie, right? And yet you're gonna have to do love scenes together. So how do you get to know one another?
"Well, you just, you know, you have love scenes...in your private time. [pause] That's not true!" ()

"It really was very nice," says McAdams. "There I was, sipping tea at the table, with the carpenter himself." And--ahem--the love scene? "Oh, of course we were nervous, but I remember he came up to me beforehand and asked, 'Is there anything I can't do to you?' And I was like, 'I don't know, what are you planning to do?'"

"Because we had lengthy conversations, from the very beginning. You know, Ryan and I started working on this two months in advance of shooting. We were in Charleston for two months prepping, so there was also this open discourse about how things would go and Ryan is a real gentleman. He's got a lot of respect and we had a lot of communication and beyond that, you have to trust each other and play it out and see how it works."

'AAW'-INSPIRING
"It was my pleasure. Thank you very much, Rach."
Old 09-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, thank you so much for all those quotes, added them all, we needed some.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Total Fan

I am loving all the quotes, thank you so much for posting them!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Seriously, they say sweet things about each other.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Aww, great quotes.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:29 AM
New Fan

You guys are welcome! Here's another:

ON THE MTV MOVIE AWARDS KISS
"Ryan was whispering in my ear as we're winning the award. He's like, 'You go that way, I'll go this way, and we'll meet in the middle,' " she recounts. 'I was like, 'What?!? You better not chicken out or I'll kill you!' It was fun."

Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the quotes! They're all so sweet. My favorite one is the one about what Ryan has to say about kissing Rachel.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault
You guys are welcome! Here's another:

ON THE MTV MOVIE AWARDS KISS
"Ryan was whispering in my ear as we're winning the award. He's like, 'You go that way, I'll go this way, and we'll meet in the middle,' " she recounts. 'I was like, 'What?!? You better not chicken out or I'll kill you!' It was fun."

Omg, that is like my new favorite quote. Ryan is too cute and funny.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Great quotes
Old 09-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, thanks for posting those quotes. I love the first one:

Quote:
"She was inspiring. You know, she's just like Allie in the movie: She laughs like that, she talks like that. She's elated one minute and devastated the next. She's a very real person. You tend to forget what real people are in this business but she was a jolt of reality, you know?"
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 09-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love what they have to say about each other.