Old 10-28-2016, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Looks like Rachel will do a day of press in Toronto today:
Old 10-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the picture!
Old 10-30-2016, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

There has been so much Doctor Strange news, it has been difficult to keep up with everything. First of all, the movie is now officially certified "fresh" on Rottentomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016

The movie has been released in many European countries, as well as parts of Asia and Australia.

Rachel did a day of press for the movie in Toronto on Friday, here are some press junket photos:

She also stopped by the Canadian CP24 breakfast show and did the Doctor Strange pose with the host:
Old 10-30-2016, 09:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Doctor Strange is doing really well overseas! We'll probably get a sequel, from the looks of it.

‘Doctor Strange’ Opens To Huge $86M Overseas – International Box Office | Deadline
Here’s a look at the Top 10 market-by-market breakdown (plus some other notables) on Doctor Strange — which also stars Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor:

Korea ($18.1M): Biggest opening weekend for a Marvel original IP release, topping lifetime cumes of GOTG, Man Of Steel, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Suicide Squad

UK/Ireland ($11.1M including previews): The opening weekend is 33% taller than Ant-Man and 4% more out of this world than GOTG

France ($5.7M): With kids on vacation, the opening weekend is 39% more grande than Ant-Man and just 3% behind GOTG

Australia ($4.9M): 18% above Ant-Man and 3% below GOTG

Germany ($4.8M): A whopping 180% ahead of Ant-Man; while 17% behind GOTG

Mexico ($4.6M): Slightly tighter with a 4% increase on Ant-Man and a 2% dip vs GOTG

Taiwan ($4.3M): A tick above Ant-Man at +1%; already has topped the lifetime cume of GOTG

Hong Kong ($3.2M): 85% market share; biggest opening weekend for a Marvel original IP release and 135% ahead of GOTG; 36% bigger than Ant-Man

Indonesia ($3.1M): Conversely, +38% on GOTG and 3% below Ant-Man

Philippines ($2.7M): Again, 27% ahead of GOTG while 3% on top of Ant-Man

NB: Russia‘s IMAX-only previews ahead of wide release equal $2.5M; Thailand ($2.5M), Malaysia ($2.4M) and Singapore ($2.2M) are all the best opening ever for an original Marvel IP title.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm pleasantly surprised by these numbers, especially because it's ahead of Ant Man and GOTG in some countries. I think those 2 movies are able to reach a broader audience, because Dr. Strange might look too "trippy" or weird for some people

The Korean BO number made me smile, because I think Rachel has a huge fanbase over there as well. Very curious to see how the movie will do in the US box office!
Old 10-31-2016, 04:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
I'm pleasantly surprised by these numbers, especially because it's ahead of Ant Man and GOTG in some countries. I think those 2 movies are able to reach a broader audience, because Dr. Strange might look too "trippy" or weird for some people

The Korean BO number made me smile, because I think Rachel has a huge fanbase over there as well. Very curious to see how the movie will do in the US box office!
That's right - South Korea recorded About Time's biggest box office numbers internationally, and it was one of the biggest ever romantic comedies there, so they definitely like her!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1982 (View Post)
That's right - South Korea recorded About Time's biggest box office numbers internationally, and it was one of the biggest ever romantic comedies there, so they definitely like her!
They do! Remember when she got her own character poster for SH2 and this interview also comes to mind because apparently she's known was "Nice Rachel McAdams" in Korea

I'm trying to figure out if there will be a New York premiere or screening this week since Benedict will be in NY promoting the movie. I don't recall seeing a mention of a NY premiere, but I just came across this tweet:

I can't find any source that confirms it but since Strange has a direct connection to NY and part of the movie was filmed there, I sort of assumed they would also host a NY premiere.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

And it would seem strange to not do something in America for the entire week leading up to the American release, wouldn't it?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure would!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:40 AM
New Fan

Here in Brazil we are saw the first session tomorrow 2p.m they antecipated because tomorrow is Holiday here
Old 11-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay!
Old 11-02-2016, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Amazing, you'll have to let us know how you like it!
Old 11-02-2016, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

There was a NY screening yesterday, but only Benedict attended (as far as I can tell):

So I guess this means the promotion tour for Rachel is over, since the movie will be out pretty much world wide on Friday.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great finding!