Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Interesting, just when we were discussing this. AS is reporting that the LA World premiere will be on October 20th:
Quote:
Affair: Doctor Strange Red Carpet Premiere
When: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Hot Spot: Los Angeles, CA
Average Socialite™: Doctor Strange Premiere, LA
Old 09-15-2016, 01:04 AM
Master Fan

GOOD TO KNOW! So I guess now there is no October 31st premiere?!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

Doesn't seem likely, unless they will host a NY premiere on the 31st? I find it interesting that it mentions it's going to be a World premiere. Since the UK premiere is a week earlier, I was expecting the red carpet premiere in London to be the world premiere.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

First online featurette was released:
Old 09-18-2016, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

You can tell the Doctor Strange release date is getting closer, I feel like almost every day a news tidbit is released.

Disney has announced that they will screen a 10 minutes Sneak Peak of the movie in their parks, starting October 7:
Old 09-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm starting to get excited! I fear I'm going to be let down by how SMALL amount of time she's in it, but I always love a new Rachel role SO. I think I also am mostly looking forward to the promo tour. AHH!

Old 09-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Looks like the first Doctor Strange promo stop will be in Hong Kong:
Quote:
Doctor Strange stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton will hit Hong Kong in mid-October to promote the superhero movie, Marvel Studios announced on Monday. The film’s director, Scott Derrickson, will also be in Hong Kong to greet film fans.

That Hong Kong has been chosen as the first stop on the promotional tour for Doctor Strange is far from an arbitrary decision: the highly anticipated adaptation, based on a Marvel Comics character who first appeared in July 1963, was shot on location in Hong Kong and other cities including London, New York and Kathmandu.
Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton to meet Hong Kong fans ahead of Doctor Strange release | South China Morning Post
I still hope Rachel will also join them
Old 09-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I hope so too! FINGERS CROSSED.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

This is very exciting:

Quote:
"Hi, I'm Rachel McAdams, and I play the role of Dr. Christine Palmer, colleague and confidant to Marvel Studios newest hero in the upcoming film Doctor Strange," the actress says in the video above. "Throughout history ideas once thought possible only by magic have become a reality through science and technology. Marvel Studios is offering an exciting, unique opportunity to girls just like you to discover and share the magic behind science, technology, engineering, and math, or STEM."
More: Doctor Strange: The Magic Of STEM Challenge Announced
Old 09-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

It definitely is, I love that Rachel is the one who got to do it!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

Yes, me too! That's why I love she is Doctor Christine Palmer, we need more fierce and kick-ass female roles on screen so girls and boys have role models to look up to

Info on the Hong Kong press day:

And looks like the promotion is getting ready to take off, Wong presented the Doctor Strange Empire Magazine covers earlier this week:

Disappointed Rachel is not featured but let's hope she is featured inside the magazine
Old 09-24-2016, 07:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

do you think Rachel will get to go to Hong Kong, too? This promotion tour is the only cling of hope I've been holding on to since the Oscars! She'd better be present at all the promotional events since we've barely seen her for months
I loved that they picked her to be the face of the STEM contest video - raised my hopes up about her part in the movie&franchise. However, I don't want to get too caught up in it since Dr. Christine Palmer doesn't look likely to own or develop any kind of super powers whatsoever But who knows????
Old 09-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure what I think about promo. I mean, I'd THINK she'd be doing it since she's such a great name to draw in a certain audience, but the fact that she did ZERO interviews at Comic Con makes me nervous. Like maybe they don't want the media talking to her because they're afraid of her spoiling things about Christine? We know how bad she is about keeping secrets.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm with Amanda. Also, even when it comes to promotion Rachel is low-key. If we are lucky we usually get one talk show, maybe one magazine cover interview and some press interviews. Whereas other actors usually go on at least two talk shows, do morning shows and lots of other press. But with Marvel, usually everyone is heavily involved in the promotion, even if they only have minimum amount of screen time.

I do find it weird that Rachel hasn't been featured much in even the movie footage released thus far. Like Amanda said, they could use Rachel to draw in a certain audience. It almost seems like they are hiding her. On the other hand, it makes it very plausible that Rachel has only a few scenes in this (hope this is not the case, of course!). I just hope she's not playing the damsel in distress/girlfriend role.

New TV spot/Trailer, sadly no Christine but some new footage:
Old 09-28-2016, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

I agree with everything you said here, Lindsey. I'm just going to go into it expecting five minutes of screentime so I can't POSSIBLY be disappointed by how little there probably is. :\