Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

It definitely looks like it! I'm really interested to see how this film goes, for sure.

And the new photo of her is STUNNING, IT'S KILLING ME TO DEATH.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Looks like the filming was "additional" filming and not reshoots:

We know that, at least part of it, was filmed in LA. Also, just checked Scott Derickson's twitter feed and his latest tweets all have the LA/LA area location stamp.

As Amanda mentioned before, maybe this could explain Rachel spending so much time in LA lately. Although, Wong was involved and I don't think it's likely his character's path will cross Rachel's but I guess you never know
Old 08-27-2016, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Interesting, THR is reporting that Dan Harmon came onboard to write for the additional scene(s):

Quote:
When Marvel Studios needed a writer to whip up some additional last-minute scenes for its latest movie, Doctor Strange, it called on a writer you wouldn't expect: Dan Harmon, co-creator of Community, the beloved but ratings-anemic sitcom about a bunch of community college misfits that was canceled by NBC in 2013 (but came back to life on Yahoo last year).

Harmon, 43, has written for the big screen before (sort of — he did uncredited work on 2008's Kung Fu Panda and has a credit on 2006's Monster House), but as far as THR can tell, the television comedy creator has zero experience writing for superheroes.

The move follows the outside-the-box thinking that Marvel is known for. One of the best example is hiring Anthony and Joe Russo, best known as TV comedy directors for their work on Arrested Development, Happy Endings, and, yes, Community, to make the jump into superheroes. They have now directed two of Marvel's most acclaimed movies, Captain America: The Winter Solider and Captain America: Civil War.

Harmon was brought on board after the movie had wrapped initial production; his pages were “for additional photography,” according to one source.

Harmon joins Sinister co-writers Scott Derrickson (who is directing the $165 million Doctor Strange) and C. Robert Cargill (who has his own unique story: He was formerly a movie reviewer for Ain't It Cool News under the handle "Masswyrm") in this Marvel film's odd writing club. The duo share story-by credit with Jon Spaihts, best known for writing Prometheus and who wrote the upcoming Jennifer Lawrence-Chris Pratt sci-fi movie Passengers.
Doctor Strange' Enlists Dan Harmon to Write Last-Minute Scenes | Hollywood Reporter
Old 08-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds like a good plan, putting additional footage is better than having to do re shoots.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

I think reshoots have gotten a bad rep over the years, especially with comic book movies, while I think reshoots are quite common for big budget movies. Usually they base additional filming (or reshoots) on their test screenings, so hopefully it will improve the movie in the end

From Deadline:
Quote:
Among those fall titles that will rally this season, hands down, everyone points to Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange, which could easily debut to $50M-$60M according to non-Disney estimates. RelishMix reports that the Benedict Cumberbatch movie has the largest social media universe among those titles hitting the screen before Fantastic Beasts with 92M. Doctor Strange video elements are being passed around at an enormous rate of 46 to 1 (the average is 10 to 1).
‘Doctor Strange’ To Rule Crowded Fall Box Office As 37 Wide Releases Compete For Screens | Deadline
Old 08-31-2016, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Marvel uploaded a preview of the featurette/Blu-Ray extra that will be featured on the upcoming Captain America Blu-Ray:

I was able to see the Blu-Ray extra, and sadly nothing on Rachel which I found very surprising. I mean, they showed footage of the trailers, but didn't include Rachel/Christine
Old 08-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

well, this article is interesting... it's an overview of what has been reported on the 3rd and 4th AVENGERS movies so far - Avengers 3: Infinity War | Everything We Know (Updated Regularly) | Hollywood Reporter

seeing that rachel is officially a part of the marvel universe now, and her character is very a "real world" character, aka not like, a magical villain or a semi-asian teacher who may or may not exist, maybe she'll be playing a bigger part in the avengers movies. she can be the nurse on iron man's side of the war lol
Old 09-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

That also crossed my mind and seems plausible. The thing is, and I know it's just a character name, but the Linda Carter character has a direct connection to Avengers while I couldn't find a direct connection with Christine (included a link to their wikia pages).

I feel like, if Rachel was cast as Linda Carter there would have been more opportunity to expand her role in the Marvel universe, because she has a presence in the Comic universe. Linda even has her own Night Nurse series. Linda makes appearances in Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Captain America/Civil War and Doctor Strange (to name a few) which are all part of the current Marvel universe. You would think it makes more sense for Rachel to be Linda, so she can have cameo/appearances in the current Marvel movies and series.

Maybe they just changed their names, or maybe Christine is going to be different from the Comics. I just hope Rachel has a good arc in the movie, and not "just" the girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/damsel in distress
Old 09-04-2016, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Looks like Stan Lee approves Doctor Strange :
Old 09-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

I'm just really interested to see how this all plays out.

And I hope they keep us posted instead of this baloney top secret stuff. I just can't shake hope that because they're so secretive about her there's something we don't know yet.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Good news for the UK fans:

And some US fans are also able to see it earlier:
Quote:
EW PopFest is kicking off with the help of a Marvel superhero.

As a special launch for the Los Angeles-based event, EW is offering an advance screening of Doctor Strange on Friday, Oct. 28. Tickets are available as a bonus to the first 300 two-day VIP tickets sold, so get clicking for your chance to be one of the first people to see the film before it hits theaters on Nov. 4.
Marvel's Doctor Strange to screen at EW PopFest | EW.com
Old 09-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Which, was it the UK release that was supposed to have had the Oct. 31st premiere?
Old 09-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda s. (View Post)
Which, was it the UK release that was supposed to have had the Oct. 31st premiere?
I think it has to be the US one, because the UK date has always been before the 31st. I think it was first set for 28th and now moved up to the 25th. I think this time frame makes it easier for them to promote the movie in Europe and Asia first, before moving to the US

The director started to use his instagram account:
Old 09-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Ohhh, okay, got it. I still feel bad for them that the premiere is on Halloween! That's terrible scheduling. Excited to see what kinds of goodies we might get on Derickson's instagram account though!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Not sure, but I think the October 31st date was never confirmed. It's all so confusing though, because several dates and different sources have been posted.

I also vaguely remember that the US premiere was on November 2nd, or at least the LA one was on November 2nd. The UK premiere was previously set for the 25th, but they might move it up now because they changed the theatrical dates.

Marvel never confirmed/announced dates themselves so I guess nothing is set in stone (yet).