Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

I totally agree. I really miss the fact that this one didn't become bigger, because it DID have such a great cast and story and I think it just deserves better than it's been given.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

I always thought that Morning Glory was a movie that we, as fans, love and no one else did but I think it's so nice to see these social media shout-outs for the movie.

I agree with you guys. I like what a journalist said to Rachel at one point, I think it was during the About Time press, that Rachel picks the 'good ones'. I have to agree because I think that she truly does. You have other actresses, who are probably considered more "a-list", who have done some - in my eyes - questionable ones. But if you look at Rachel's more main strain, romantic comedy/drama kind of movies, then she was part of so many good ones. Morning Glory is one, but I also think the US audience overlooked About Time in theaters and I can go on.

I like that you mention the Forbes article, because I do think in general there are not many 'good ones' available so it might also be related to the lack of good scripts etc.

I find the timing of these recent mentions also interesting, because I feel like with the year Rachel is having she's on everybody's mind and I think, most of the time in a good way. Like these tweets, people giving her overlooked projects a nice mention. It just makes me happy to see that
Old 09-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I was so pissed off at the author of that Forbes article when I saw the title but then after I read it, I couldn't help but agree with him a bit. He clearly had a high opinion of Rachel and her acting in general, what he was criticizing was Hollywood. I always thought Rachel was going to do more movies as the lead after Morning Glory. It turned out to be the opposite and I can't figure out why. I sometimes wondered if the lack of interest in the movie was because the script focused more on Becky's career struggles than on her love life. Maybe that was what used to attract the audiences in a romcom I don't know, I personally couldn't think of anything lacking in the movie but maybe it's because Rachel was in it

Aside from all these, I really can't understand why the movie critics are so biased against Rachel's romantic and romantic comedy movies. Like I wrote yesterday, I agree that the Vow could be a much better movie but I think they are being a bit unfair about Morning Glory. I mean Silver Linings Playbook was clearly a romcom as well, wasn't it? What do you guys think? It seemed like a romcom to me They had nothing but praise for Jennifer Lawrance (and don't get me wrong, I did too, she really was amazing ) but when I come to think of the fact that Rachel also auditioned for that part, I wonder if they would have thought the same had she gotten the part instead of Jennifer

While doing press for True Detective, Rachel said that it wasn't that she didn't want to do more juicy roles in the past. It was because they were so few and since everybody wanted them, there was a fierce competition. Which instantly reminded me of how she was mentioned for Gone Girl and Silver Linings Playbook So I guess this verifies the lack of good scripts for actresses too

Anyway, I'm glad the Twitter-verse is slowly catching up with Rachel's overlooked projects, especially Morning Glory I guess we have True Detective to thank for that
Old 09-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

You guys are making so many great points! And here's the thing too, if you're going to do a romantic movie like The Vow, like, what do you really expect to happen with that? I feel like I got from it exactly what I signed up for and I didn't think it was bad at all. I can't help but wonder what you said too, like maybe Morning Glory wasn't so big because it focused on things other than the love story. I thought it was a great film, I'm just glad people are paying attention to it.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Alison Brie mentioned Rachel in a recent interview, I assume she's referring to Morning Glory:
Quote:
Broadcast News is next on the list. I’m a big Holly Hunter fan. I just think it’s a great movie; it’s funny, it’s sad, it’s interesting. It’s got that archetype of the ambitious news woman, you know? I like that she’s behind the scenes. It’s a character that I’ve never played in a movie. I think that I’m always waiting for that role; they all seem to go to Rachel McAdams. [laughs] You know, that inquisitive journalist who’s behind the scenes and is super feisty.
Alison Brie’s Five Favorite Films « Movie & TV News and Interviews - Rotten Tomatoes
They "all" seems a bit like a hyperbole since I have no idea what other kind of character she is referring to.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Could she be referring to State of Play and Spotlight as well? The inquisitive journalist description made me think so

I can't deny that it's nice and very refreshing to hear someone complaining that Rachel gets all the roles Hope to hear it more!
Old 09-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Yes good point, but the "super feisty" part doesn't seem to apply to her characters in State Of Play and/or Spotlight.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

I thought it seemed a little catty, tbh! But she probably didn't mean it that way, and we especially know how many great roles Rachel should be having that she doesn't have too, sooo. It's a hard business for everyone.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

I was bumping the Harrison Ford tweet because of Star Wars, and it's pretty amazing that Rachel also has the J.J. Abrams connection (and the Domhnall Gleeson one)

I don't think this has been posted yet: