Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 12:11 AM
New Fan

Becky is one of my favorites too

a tbt pic doing an interview to promote Morning Glory posted by the journalist:

instagram
Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Great pic, haven't seen that one before. Thanks for sharing april!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

"Morning Glory" gets an "Honorable Mention" in Indiewire's "25 Must-See Movies About The Media":

Quote:
Honorable Mentions: Among the others potentials that we didn't think were quite right for the list are journalists-abroad dramas "The Year Of Living Dangerously," "Salvador" "The Killing Fields," and "Foreign Correspondent," recent TV news rom-com "Morning Glory," earlier versions of "The Front Page" (plus 80s remake "Switching Channels"), and thrillers "The Parallax View" and "Defence Of The Realm." And moving further afield, there's also "Almost Famous," "The People Vs. Larry Flynt," "Private Parts," "Bulworth," "A Face In The Crowd," "Death To Smoochy," "Nothing But The Truth" and "The Big Clock."

25 Must-See Movies About The Media | The Playlist
Old 03-23-2015, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Ah, that's great Thanks for sharing Lis! And who knows, maybe they will include Spotlight when they do this kind of article again in a few years.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

A Morning Glory reunion for Rachel & 50 Cent in the Southpaw trailer:
Old 03-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

She's so gorgeous it makes me CRY.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:23 AM
New Fan

nice 50cent-Southpaw reunion. I love that Morning Glory "I'll take you to the candy shop" scene

I hope there is a Harrison Ford-Rachel reunion some day too. I love their on-screen chemistry

Last edited by april2; 04-19-2015 at 03:01 AM
Old 04-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

It's probably kind of weird for them to go from the Candy shop scene to Southpaw but I guess that also makes acting fun.

Yes, me too april! I also really liked their interacting during the promo tour. I'm going to call it: Star Wars?! I mean they will have more female characters according to the recent panel so... (A girl can dream right?)
Old 04-20-2015, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

I bet Rachel would lose her mind if she was cast in Star Wars!
Old 07-23-2015, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Rachel's performance in Morning Glory is named one of Rachel's six best performances by heyuguys:
Quote:
Morning Glory
Of all the romantically-charged pictures McAdams has served within, few have a similar spring-in-the-step like Morning Glory; Roger Michell's plucky and confident portrayal of TV news broadcasting which features our girl in the leading role. Cast alongside veterans Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford, the story tells of Becky - a brightly-buttoned show producer who takes the challenge of revitalising the network's morning broadcast whilst attempting to manage peace between the warring anchors.

Thanks to snappy, confident scripting and more importantly a radiant performance from McAdams, this is a delightful and whimsical flick that manages to find new strands within a tired and often formulaic genre pattern. Plus it features a gut-bustingly funny cameo from Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson who actually appears alongside her once again in Southpaw.
Six of the Best: Rachel McAdams - HeyUGuys
Old 07-27-2015, 05:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by april2 (View Post)
I hope there is a Harrison Ford-Rachel reunion some day too. I love their on-screen chemistry
I would love that!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Great twitter interaction about Morning Glory between Vanity Fair editor and another journalist:

Old 08-01-2015, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

A romcom per year! I can't say I agree with THAT, but it really is true that Morning Glory is underrated badly.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Another great Morning Glory interaction between journalist:

More: https://twitter.com/AlyssaRosenberg/...84971730526208
Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

yaaas that's right, you failed Rachel as a people! I really don't get how this movie ended up being so underrated. I had so high hopes on it. The cast was perfect and I think the script was really good too. It's really beyond me, I don't know what was lacking. Recently I was reading an old article about Rachel; I think it was about how she chose a different role with True Detective compared to her former ones. It sai sure she had done some good movies but then she also starred in Morning Glory and The Vow. Okay, I sort of understand the bit about The Vow but Morning Glory??? Come on!

Whenever I think of Morning Glory, I can't help but agree a little with that Forbes article about why Rachel never got to become a movie star because there weren't enough movies made for her to be in as the female lead and how Hollywood has gotten worse with gender equality over the last decade. The good old romcoms with great female leads like Rachel are very rarely seen today I don't even believe that Mean Girls would be that successful at the box office if were shot today