Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2017, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Annie/Game Night, Discussion/Spoilers #1: We can't wait to see her comedic skills again!

Annie/Game Night, Discussion/Spoilers #1: We can't wait to see her comedic skills again!

Quote:

Variety
- Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams will star in the New Line Comedy “Game Night.” “Vacation’s” directing duo of Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley will helm the movie with Bateman producing alongside James Garavente for Aggregate Films. John Davis and John Fox will produce for Davis Entertainment. Goldstein and Daley also wrote the latest draft of the screenplay. “Game Night,” which has been in development at New Line since 2013 when Mark Perez wrote the original script, follows several couples who gather for their regularly-planned game night when something goes terribly wrong.
Quote:
THR - Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to star opposite Jason Bateman in Game Night, a New Line comedy to be directed by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley. Although Bateman just recently formally signed on to star, Aggregate has been producing this project since the pitch stage and brought on Goldstein and Daley, the duo who wrote and directed 2015’s Vacation reboot for New Line and worked with Bateman on New Line’s Horrible Bosses comedies. They also were instrumental in getting McAdams on board. The script, whose latest draft was written by Goldstein and Daley (who also wrote the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming), tells of a group of couples who gather for their regularly planned game night when something goes murderously wrong. Dana Fox and Mark Perez previously worked on the script.

Last edited by winterbird; 03-22-2017 at 05:59 AM
Old 01-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Looks like they are filming in April and are aiming for a late 2017/early 2018 release. This was posted by Mark Perez's wife. Perez originally pitched the idea and co-wrote the first draft:

And Goldstein also confirmed the news on his facebook:
Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Congrats on the news and love the OP!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm hoping that they'll cast people of colour as the other couples, so it's not all Caucasian actors.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to second that, Wendy!

Does anyone has actors in mind that you would like to see get cast in this ensemble?
Old 01-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I as well!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'd love to see Priyanka Chopra in this. She might steal scenes because of her charisma lol, but she's so gorgeous to look at. Priyanka matched up with Matt Bomer would be, ugh, ridiculous. I can't see Matt Bomer doing a comedy though lolol.

Oh gosh, Oscar Isaac with Gina Rodriguez would be a dream couple cast imho. *__* Hollywood, please make this happen.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Going to say YES to all of them, especially Oscar and Gina I would like to add Constance Wu (seriously, she's amazing in Fresh Off The Boat and love how vocal she is on social media about important issues) and Kate McKinnon. I would like it if they cast a bit more out off the box, so many great comedic talent in series like Brooklyn 99, Superstore (America Ferrera, please!) Parks and Rec etc. that would deserve more recognition on the big screen.

Also, I know they are more known for their dramatic roles but Jessica Chastain and Amy Adams remain favorites for Rachel to work with. And I'm going to 'randomly' add Dev Patel, because I have been watching his interviews lately (because of Lion) and he won me over Same for Gal Gadot, have been watching her work to prepare for Wonder Women and she's so badass.

Basically, I'm rooting for the cast to be 90% female No, but seriously I think it's about time Rachel is able to work with more actresses in general (and also share scenes with them).
Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We're going to love it!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so curious and excited to see what kind of a character she will be playing in this movie. What do you guys think? Would she be kind of a soccer mom or a housewife which would be familiar to her character in Southpaw? Or a little bit nastier one which would remind us of Inez in Midnight in Paris or maybe even better, Regina? Since it's a comedy and the writers insisted to have her on board (at least that's what I thought of their being 'instrumental to get Rachel on board'), I have my fingers crossed for something reminiscent of Regina
Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be so exciting to see Rachel play a character like Regina again!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:07 AM
New Fan

Rachel McAdams In Talks To Join Bateman Comedy

https://youtu.be/sDO4Ffg28SY
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Saw the video, very excited!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laleb (View Post)
I'm so curious and excited to see what kind of a character she will be playing in this movie. What do you guys think?
Same here, especially since it's a comedy. I think Rachel is probably not the first that comes to mind when casting for a comedy. That's why I find Rachel's involvement so interesting, especially since she is the second one to get announced. Don't get me wrong, I think Rachel's comedic timing is overlooked. She was brilliant in Mean Girls and Morning Glory And I think more recently in Dr Strange, she was a huge part of the comedic relief of the movie.

I hope it's an "out-there" character just as in Horrible Bosses. I would like it if it's against type for Rachel and not that they have cast her as one of the 'grounded' characters. A grown-up version of Regina George would be fun.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't wait to see her in a comedy with Batemen! Lots to offer!