Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think Rachel might have secured her Emmy nomination with tonights episode. She was amazing.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Great gifs, as always! And I COMPLETELY AGREE, she was insane and I am so proud.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Completely agree with both of you!! While I was watching it I was actually thinking: if they are going to campaign for Rachel they should send in this episode.

I thought this moment was kind of funny; I guess Ani doesn't like it if you play with her knives
Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah this will definitely be Rachel's episode. And I think she will definitely be up for the Golden Globes, SAG, Emmys when they come around, even if the show isn't nominated.

And yeah Ani looks pretty protective of her knives.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

She's the best, I want an entire show of just Ani.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

She better get a nomination

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

I forgot about this with everything that's going on but the TCA 2015 began. I can't find the official schedule anywhere yet, only this schedule, which lists July 28-31 as "cable" dates. I really hope HBO will be there with True Detective (and it's cast of course).

I haven't found anything on it but season 1 did the TCA winter 2014 panel.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was thinking about this yesterday, but then I noticed that they kind of described the event as "upcoming" fall/winter shows. But then I thought TD season one did the TCA's but that was right after the show started. So I'm not sure if HBO would have them go this week with just two episodes left, but at the same time it might be a good way to do press for the last few episodes.

Anyway, I hope they go because we haven't really seen the whole cast together and it would be nice to see.

Edit - Maybe a good indication something might be going on, Taylor is going to be doing an event in LA on Thursday with Film Independent and TIFF event in LA. He usually doesn't go out of his way to be in LA if for multiple reasons so fingers crossed!

Last edited by worthyoflove; 07-28-2015 at 12:55 PM
Old 07-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

PRAYER CIRCLE FOR REAL THOUGH. It would be so good!!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Yes good point about it being for their fall/winter line-up. I guess I was just hoping that we would get a panel with the principal cast. Thanks for sharing the Taylor event! I guess time will tell what will happen

I don't think this has been shared here. The official preview for the next episode:
Old 07-29-2015, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Netflix did their panels yesterday and even though they're a bit of a different animal because all their shows are released at once, most of their panels were with their already popular shows, like OITNB.

I have my fingers crossed that we'll see them there whenever HBO has their panel.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

Yes me too! Looks like the HBO panel is today. I'm unable to find what shows they will present but fingers crossed for True Detective!

Old 07-31-2015, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

So it turned into nothing, right? Blerrrrggh!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Sadly only a mention from the head of programming:
Quote:
Let's not beat around the bush: True Detective's second season has not lived up to the quality of the first. Suffering from a myriad of problems, including poor dialogue, too many freeway shots, a boring central plot, and less-than-intriguing characters, Season 2 has been widely criticized by critics and fans alike.

Speaking to reporters at the Television Critics Association fall TV previews, Michael Lombardo, president of HBO programming, delicately side-stepped questions about whether he thought the show's criticism was unfounded, choosing instead to praise the series' creator, Nic Pizzolatto.

"What [Nic's] doing on True Detective is so much bolder and braver than so much of what I see in film," he said. "I think [he] is one of the best writers working in television and motion pictures today."

Calling Pizzolatto "enormously talented," "one of the best writers working in television," and a "bold storyteller" who takes risks with pacing, Lombardo said that True Detective was a show that was best viewed as a whole and Season 2 will pay off in the end.

"I think you need to watch the entirety of it," he said. "The show ends as satisfyingly as any show I've seen."
More: According to HBO, We've All Been Watching True Detective Wrong - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Sentences like "widely criticized by critics and fans alike" make me cringe and I think are misleading. It makes it sound like all the reviews were negative, while the metacritic score shows that this season didn't receive any negative reviews...
Old 07-31-2015, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wasn't really expecting them to be at TCA but was still disappointed to see they weren't there. Taylor touched on a few things about True Detective last night but mostly about Nic Pizzoalato (or at least that's what I saw tweeted out).

I feel like the die hard True Detective fans are just disappointed it's not a retread of season one and are in the vocal minority about their distaste for the second season, but I see plenty of people singing its praises as well.

If the ending is as satisfying as they say it is then maybe those diehards will change their tune. After all season one was great but many were really turned off by the anti climactic finale.