Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Amazing gifs, as always! And SHE LOOKS BANGIN IN THAT WIG, HOLY WOW.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Some stills from this weeks episode and one from next week.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the updates guys!! That last still of the new episode makes me even more excited for the next episode. I have been waiting for this scene ever since I saw it in the promos.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know! I've been waiting to see her show off her knife skills since we saw the trailer months ago. And I can't wait to see her go undercover at this party.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

I complete agree with you. Can't believe it's going to be episode 6 already.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm just really excited for this weekends episode, I'm glad we have Paul, Ani and Ray all working together on this. Hopefully they have Ani's back.

Why We’ll Probably See That “Colossal” Orgy Scene Next Week on True Detective | Vanity Fair

Quote:

Sadly, thanks to the tight dress and even tighter security, Ani won’t be able to bring any of her beloved knives along with her on this undercover mission. Paul’s solution (“We’ve got your back. We’ll tail the bus”) sounds a lot like famous last words, but Paul’s got an advantage. He knows where they’re going. Thanks to an eagle-eyed Redditor, we now know that the Guerneville lodge Paul and Ani visited this week is actually the location for Chessani’s famous parties. Note the distinctive light fixture Ani and Paul saw . . .

So Paul and Ray might be on hand to save the day when things inevitably go south for Ani. Remember, Detective Besserides has met Tony Chessani and Dr. Pitlor, and I doubt her freshly dark hair will disguise her for long. And while I doubt Ani’s commitment to her undercover role will see her hopping feet first into an orgy, her night in Northern California might have an even more twisted ending. ”If those web-cam guys were bad,” Ani’s sister warns, “this is worse.“ Will Ani find herself locked in the blood-soaked cabin she and Paul discovered down the road from the lodge?
Old 07-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

The media really likes mentioning the orgy don't they?

I don't think this has been posted here:
Quote:
McAdams' character, Ani Bezzerides, is some distance from her usual lightweight romantic comedy fare, such as Aloha.

"I find her very courageous in places I wouldn't be," says McAdams. "She certainly has no qualms about putting herself in harm's way to do what's right, like a dog with a bone, and doesn't even quit when it might put people in harm's way. She does what she believes is the right thing to protect society. And although I would like to think I do that, I'm a lowly actor and I'm not living my life like that.

"Maybe the one way I could relate to her is that I'm pretty hard on myself and I try to hold up to a high standard and the disappointment that comes when you don't meet that."
What to expect from True Detective's second season - Entertainment - NZ Herald News
A nice quote from Nic Pizzolatto on why he casted Rachel:
Quote:
Says Pizzolatto, "I generally write about men being really bad men, but I was obsessed with this character and that's why I wanted Rachel because no one has ever seen her like this."
Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They do seem pretty excited about this inevitable scene. Haha. Another still from the next episode, Church in Ruins.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 07-22-2015 at 08:31 PM
Old 07-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love this show rachel seems to be lost in her role as does Colin farrel . Stikcing with it for the payoff Taylor kish . Lt of biug names, I enjoy her movies and roles . This is different for her , i hope the final 3 payoff..

not trying to be negative toward her , it is the whole series that is dragging . Even the huge shootout a week ago was crazy, then the timeline jumped 5 months
Old 07-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw something today that said ratings for True Detective this season are up 17% from last season, so even with some of the mixed reactions its still bringing in viewers.

I was a huge fan of season one and I knew it would be incredibly hard to live up to that. It's hard not to compare but I'm enjoying season 2 for what it is, I think these last three episodes are going to be intense. And even if they aren't all of the main actors should be proud because they've given stellar performances.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

I completely agree, I think they've all done a phenomenal job. And I love that theory in the Vanity Fair article about how Ani might end up in the bloody cabin! GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I saw something today that said ratings for True Detective this season are up 17% from last season, so even with some of the mixed reactions its still bringing in viewers.

I was a huge fan of season one and I knew it would be incredibly hard to live up to that. It's hard not to compare but I'm enjoying season 2 for what it is, I think these last three episodes are going to be intense. And even if they aren't all of the main actors should be proud because they've given stellar performances.
Me too. Although I do think last week's was a low point like the premiere. But enjoying it so far, of course it's not season 1 but still good

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.

LJ 🌸icons
Old 07-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Talk Nerdy With Us interviewed Agnes Olech who played the Mayor's wife Rachel and Taylor encountered in episode 3. She had nice things to say about both of them.

Quote:
Of all the big name actors you’ve been working with on this project, who has been the most interesting to meet and who were you most excited to get to work with?

“I think the most interesting was Taylor Kitsch. He’s super down to earth and super easy to talk to, really funny, and just, not how you might think at all. You could just have a normal conversation with him. He was giving a lot to us when we were acting, which was nice. It was really fun. He was really funny. I dare say that the person I was really really excited about was Rachel McAdams. I was really excited to meet her and work with her. I admire her career and all the work she’s done and she’s just really talented so I was actually really pretty nervous to work with her. But she was so sweet. In a way, she took me under her wing. She kept complimenting my work throughout the day and that just really meant a lot to me because I really look up to her. And really, if I could just have her career…that would be awesome. (laugh).”
Exclusive Interview with Agnes Olech from True Detective | Talk Nerdy With Us
Old 07-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview!

Rachel was on Jimmy Fallon last night to promote True Detective and Southpaw. An official segment on how she did resource:
Old 07-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Those are really nice things about them both, thank you so much for sharing them!

And I'm so into her telling this story, I can't get enough.

rachel mcadams daily