Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

I totally agree with you on that! I think the beginning episodes were all too much set-up and exposition, I loved the action in the later ones so much better.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Great quote from Lera Lynn:
Quote:
Memphis Flyer: Obviously we're going to have to talk about True Detective a little bit. Now that there's been some time removed from the season you were on, what's your biggest takeaway from that experience?
Lera Lynn: There's a lot of things that come to mind. I was so impressed by Vince Vaughn, Taylor Kitsch, and Rachel McAdams. They really did a great job. I think they got screwed, man. They worked their asses off and they performed really well, and I hate that there can be one person with a big mouth and it can tank this whole massive project that people put their hearts and souls into. Once your show has been ****-canned, it's impossible to climb out of it. I've been known to go on rants about this.
Shape Shifter | Music Features | Memphis News and Events | Memphis Flyer
Old 07-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

What a great quote! They really did work hard on it, it's pretty obvious in watching them.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Indiewire included Rachel in their "Emmy Dream Ballots: The Most Deserving Limited Series & Movie Nominees" article
Quote:

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie

1. Kirsten Dunst, “Fargo”
2. Julianne Hough, “Grease Live”
3. Riley Keough, “The Girlfriend Experience”
4. Rachel McAdams, “True Detective”
5. Samantha Morton, “The Last Panthers”
6. Sarah Paulson, “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story”
In Case of a Tie: Ilana Glazer, “Time Traveling Bong”

I know, I know. It’s shocking to see “True Detective” included in any kind of Emmys story, but here we are. Set aside your aghast reaction for a second and remember how well McAdams handled the transition from rom-com starlet to moody cop drama. She was the highlight of every episode — sometimes the only highlight, but still a ray of light in a sea of darkness. So we’d like to see her get something out of the experience, other than a lifetime of “True Detective” Season 2 jokes.

Emmy Predictions: IndieWire’s Dream Limited Series & Movie Nominees | IndieWire
Old 07-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

This is so perfect, WHERE IS THE LIE, it's so true.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Some more sites predicting Rachel's nom:

Quote:
6. Rachel McAdams (Detective Ani Bezzerides) | True Detective
Yes, the second season of True Detective was one of the biggest disappointments on television in recent memory, but McAdams was the only element of the season to which people had positive reactions. She has also been receiving a lot of attention for her supporting performance in Spotlight which earned her a surprise Oscar nomination. She could easily be the sixth nominee but voters might be so turned off by the disappointing season that they ignore the show completely.
Jalal's Take: Lead Actress in a Limited Series/TV Movie - ADTV
Quote:
Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie:
1. Sarah Paulson, “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story”
2. Kirsten Dunst, “Fargo”
3. Kerry Washington, “Confirmation”
4. Rachel McAdams, “True Detective”
https://www.buzzfeed.com/harrymcfrye...onv#.rpQvrJLkx
She's still listed at "possibility" in THR latest prediction: Emmys 2016 Predictions from the Feinberg Forecast (6/20/16) - Hollywood Reporter. 4/5 of Award's Watch are also predicting Rachel: 2016 Emmy Predictions: Nominations | AwardsWatch

However, I think most sources aren't predicting Rachel. At least not in their top 6. None of the experts are Golddery are predicting Rachel and her odds are currently 25/1. It's such a crowded year and category and HBO hasn't done anything to campaign it.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm looking at this the way I was looking at the Oscars in that I'm really really not expecting anything because getting my hopes up is going to just make the letdown suck more.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow I never expected her to be included in this many predictions lists. I'm genuinely surprised, tbh. And this is all due to the lack of campaigning on HBO's side and all the bad-mouthing True Detective gets every now and then. Like Amanda, I don't want to get my hopes up, either, because I think her chances were much higher than this for the Oscars since her movie was a very strong Best Picture contender. But since we unfortunately can't say the same about True Detective, this might diminish her chances in a year where competition is so fierce and tough. In any case, I'm very glad that her work on True Detective is still appreciated and getting acclaim and credit even after a whole year and she's included in those predictions lists. I'm not gonna lie, these predictions got me quite excited! I'm not expecting anything but it would be really great to see her at the Emmys after a whole six-month long of slow news!

Thanks for the news, Lindsey!
Old 07-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

The noms will be announced tomorrow, so we will find out then I'm with you guys, I don't expect anything. Especially because it's such a competitive year and HBO seem to have forgotten the series completely. None of the trade sources are predicting her, so I don't think it's happening but I agree with you Laleb, it's nice that some sites haven't forgotten about her

She is included in the voting ballot, so I guess you never know. We discussed this before, but all the "Spotlight" buzz might be in her favor: http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/f...-ballot-v3.pdf

EDIT: Also included in Roger Ebert's "If I had An Emmy Ballot" article:
Quote:
BEST ACTRESS, MOVIE/MINI-SERIES
Kirsten Dunst, “Fargo”
Felicity Huffman, “American Crime”
Riley Keough, “The Girlfriend Experience”
Rachel McAdams, “True Detective”
Sarah Paulson, “The People v. OJ Simpson”
Lili Taylor, “American Crime”
If I Had an Emmy Ballot 2016 | Demanders | Roger Ebert
She's not included in THR latest (and final) prediction list: Emmys 2016 Predictions from the Feinberg Forecast (7/12/16) - Hollywood Reporter

Last edited by winterbird; 07-13-2016 at 11:14 AM
Old 07-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

No Emmy love for Rachel today I still had a little bit of hope left. It would have been the cherry on top after Spotlight.

I know we are biased but as indiewire put it: "she was the highlight of every episode — sometimes the only highlight, but still a ray of light in a sea of darkness"
Old 07-15-2016, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

I agree, definitely not surprising, but for sure still a disappointment. Womp!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I miss her in this role. I was rewatching recently and she is for sure the standout. I can't help but feel like if TD aired this year she really would have been in the running come awards season.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the gif!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Perfect GIF use, and I agree with you. I think the timing was a bit off, please HBO didn't push it for the awards.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully, HBO makes good on that.