Old 05-23-2015, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Less than a month until the season premiere of TD
Old 05-24-2015, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to DIE!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Rachel is taking over LA (and NY) with her Aloha billboards and now also True Detective:
Old 05-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

<3 <3 This is like my dream.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure this has been posted here but Vince talking about the series during his Ellen appearance:

It aired a while ago but it will rerun today

EDIT: Taylor is featured in the latest EW. Interesting article:

Quote:
Kitsch is one of four big names in the cast: Rachel McAdams and Colin Farrell play detectives Ani Bezzerides and Ray Velcoro, while Vince Vaughn portrays criminal/entrepreneur Frank Semyon. Season 1 was driven by the twisted relationship between Harrelson’s womanizing Marty Hart and McConaughey’s metaphysically inclined Rust Cohle. But Kitsch says Woodrugh spends less time with Bezzerides and Velcoro, and more on his own. “He’s kind of a loner,” says the actor. “Woodrugh has his own path through the case. All of these characters, they keep crossing, but everyone has so much going on besides [the case].”

Kitsch’s reluctance to elaborate is no surprise given how tight-lipped True Detective creator and writer Nic Pizzolatto has been about the details of season 2. “Nic is very careful with it, and rightfully so,” Kitsch says. “But I think I want to be quiet about it as well, because we have something special.”

One thing Kitsch is happy to discuss is how eager he was to join Team True Detective. “When a door was cracked open and Nic was willing to meet a couple of guys, I flew in from Austin and drove up to hang out,” he says. “I basically sat out a whole year, waiting to work on this one. I took that risk, keeping my schedule open. Obviously it was a smart choice.”

But it still haunts him. Kitsch reveals that he’s finding it hard to shake off the role of Woodrugh, for which he lost around 20 pounds from his already slender frame, and that he’s in no hurry to get back on a set. “We’ve only been wrapped a couple of weeks, so I’m kind of kicking into reality now,” he says. “I’m not even clearheaded enough to read a script and be objective.” Sounds like Kitsch needs to take some long walks in the park. “Yeah,” he says. “Just stare into oblivion!” Riggins - and Rust Cohle - would approve.
From the Taylor Kitsch board: http://www.fanforum.com/81671927-post129.html

Last edited by winterbird; 05-29-2015 at 05:56 AM
Old 05-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing, Lindsey!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Since Rachel was still in LA I was hoping she would show up to yesterday's Critics Choice Television Awards but sadly she didn't. I'm wondering why she's still in LA, it seems likely the promotion will start soon

Also, belated Happy Birthday to Colin! He turned 39 yesterday
Old 06-01-2015, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

It's a little crazy to think that it's going to be released in three short weeks. We have two more episodes of Game of Thrones and then TD will be taking over that slot. INSANE!!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

Yes! I mean it's June already. It must be strange for the cast as well. They just wrapped up filming and they probably have to start promoting soon. Usually post-production takes months and sometimes even years.

Rachel talked about True Detective during the Aloha premiere:

Quote:
Next up for Rachel is hitting the small screen in HBO’s “True Detective,” playing a Ventura County Sheriff. Rachel raved about the shooting the series. “It was pretty great. I had a great time shooting it. She was a really fun character to play. It was hard to say goodbye — it was the longest I spent with a character, about six months, since I did theater. I’ll miss playing her.”

What can fans expect from the second season? “There is a lot of plot development, and different webs to follow,” Rachel revealed. “I hope people like it, I loved doing it.”
Rachel McAdams Gushes Over Sister’s Wedding, Raves About ‘Aloha’ and ‘True Detective’ | ExtraTV.com
Old 06-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

She's so precious. And I hadn't thought about what it must be like to be promoting something so soon after it's completed, but that's really true, it's going to be very fresh in their minds. Interesting!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought I'd bring this over for you guys from Taylor's board.

Quote:
True Detective Season 2 star Taylor Kitsch: “I’ve never walked away from something as excited and proud as I am of this”

Though HBO is ferociously guarding details of the complex plot, here’s what we know thus far. Movie stars Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell headline, the former as Frank Semyon, a criminal turned entrepreneur with a complicated home life and a high-speed rail project on the line, and the latter as dicey detective Ray Velcoro juggling the expectations of his equally corrupt bosses and the mobster who has him in his pocket. Rom-com darling Rachel McAdams ends a 10-year absence from television, playing Ani Bezzerides, a morally upright Ventura County detective.

Friday Night Lights star Taylor Kitsch rounds out the core cast as Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers the crime scene that launches an investigation involving billions of dollars and multiple law enforcement agencies and criminal entities.

Kitsch says that, having learned he was up for a lead role in Season 2, he largely put his career on hold to wait for the go-ahead. His patience paid off handsomely, and, he adds, beyond the scope of the series.

“From the first meeting on, it’s been nothing but an incredibly gratifying experience — from collaborating [with Nic] and truly digging into who Woodrugh is, to working with the cast and crew, all the way to my final take on this show,” says Kitsch, last seen on HBO in the Emmy-winning The Normal Heart. “I’ve never walked away from something as excited and proud as I am of this. From start to finish, the material and the precedent Nic set has made my process even more thorough and — I have no doubt — made me a stronger actor.”

Kitsch adds that having eight episodes to do a film-quality project with Vaughn, Farrell and McAdams was a master class, as well.

“It’s cliché, but I really couldn’t see anyone else playing these characters now,” he says. “They were just truly grounded from the start, and to be able to go collaborate and bounce [ideas] off of them was a great experience. Every day was different and challenging and I wouldn’t want to have taken this journey without them.”

And even though he holds the answers to some of summer television’s more guarded secrets, Kitsch says that most True Detective fans he encounters — even among his own friends and family — don’t press him for details.

“It’s funny — I’ve literally had the opposite,” he muses. “They hold this show in such high regard that I’d say 90 percent of ’em tell me to ‘not say a thing about ANYTHING!’ They want to go along for the ride!”

True Detective Season 2 airs Sundays at 9/8CT beginning June 21 on HBO.
True Detective Season 2 star Taylor Kitsch: "I’ve never walked away from something as excited and proud as I am of this" - Channel Guide Magazine
Old 06-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Great quotes, thank you so much for sharing it with us!!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rachel and Taylor out to dinner Tuesday night.

Quote:

Taylor Kitsch Dines With 'True Detective' Co-Star Rachel McAdams in Hollywood

Taylor Kitsch rocks a leather jacket while heading back to his motorcycle after grabbing a bite to eat at Osteria Mozza on Tuesday night (June 2) in Hollywood.

The 34-year-old actress was joined for the meal by his True Detective co-star Rachel McAdams.

“From the first meeting on, it’s been nothing but an incredibly gratifying experience — from collaborating [with creator Nic Pizzolatto] and truly digging into who Woodrugh is, to working with the cast and crew, all the way to my final take on this show,” Taylor recently told Channel Guide Magazine about the show. “I’ve never walked away from something as excited and proud as I am of this. From start to finish, the material and the precedent Nic set has made my process even more thorough and — I have no doubt — made me a stronger actor.”
Taylor Kitsch Dines With ‘True Detective’ Co-Star Rachel McAdams in Hollywood | Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch : Just Jared
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

It's really nice to see they are hanging out after wrapping up filming! And thanks for sharing the quotes Let's hope the promotion will start soon.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

What a couple of cuties. Thanks so much for sharing!