Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When In Rome #9: Making us wish our coins were in that fountain.

Kristen Bell plays Beth, a successful-but-single curator at the Guggenheim museum in New York City who flies out to Rome for her sister's impulsive wedding.
When in Rome, Beth picks up coins from the "fountain of love" and soon finds a quintet of suitors waiting for her back home!
Is it a blessing, or a curse?

In real life, Rome’s largest fountain is 250 years old, collects approximately $4,700 a day, and supposedly ensures marriage to anyone who throws coins into it. “Rome” will play off that local legend.

"There's literally four or five of us competing for the prize," explains Josh, "and for me it's more fun that way; it's less predictable."

Throughout the course of the movie, those seven people who threw [those coins] in there, wishing for various things, start stalking [my character] and fall in love with her,” laughed Bell, who’ll be making her first trip to Rome for the shoot.
“There is a fantasy and magical element to it, and she doesn’t understand why all these people keep showing up with flowers.
They’re outside her door, they’re starting to stalk her, and she doesn’t get it.
Finally, when the male lead starts to pursue her, she feels as though it’s just because of this curse.”

"When in Rome," a film that Mark Steven Johnson will direct from his own script for Disney.
Kristen Bell: “I’m so excited to be working with Mark Steven Johnson, I can’t even tell you. I respect his body of work so much."

Spider-Man 3 composer Christopher Young has been hired to compose the music for When in Rome, a romantic comedy.
The film results in a break from Young's otherwise action and horror dominated schedule - his other upcoming films include Drag Me to Hell and The Uninvited.

KRISTEN BELL ( " Heroes " " Forgetting Sarah Marshall " " Veronica Mars " )
(BETH) She is a young art curator who finds herself aggressively pursued by a band of wannabe lovers after she steals coins from a Roman fountain.
JOSH DUHAMEL ( " Las Vegas" " Transformers " )
(NICK) He is the romantic lead.
ALEXIS DZIENA ( " Invasion " " Fool’s Gold " )
(JOAN) She’ll play Bell’s younger sister who’s getting married on a whim.

DAX SHEPARD ( " The Comebacks " " Baby Mama " )
He will play a self-absorbed suitor who falls under the spell and chases the girl.
The funny thing was he also said that he's working out like a madman for his role.
Supposedly, he's running around without a shirt the entire time.

ANJELICA HUSTON ( " Medium " )
(JIMMY SUE/SUSAN MUNCEY) She will play Bell's boss, the curator of the Guggenheim.

WILL ARNETT ( " The Comebacks " " Arrested Development " )
(ANTONIO) He is an Italian Romeo stalking her halfway around the globe.
KATE MICUCCI ( " Finding Amanda " )
(STACY HARPER) Beth's quirky assistant at the Guggenheim, and her confidante as well,
Stacy helps Beth with all her complicated tasks, but doesn't appear to have Beth's profound grasp of art history.

JON HEDER ( " Napoleon Dynamite " )
(LANCE BLACKSTONE) He plays a street magician who uses his talents to try to get the girl.
DANNY DE VITO ( " L.A. Confidential " )

PETER DONALD BADALAMENTI II
( " Pirates of the Caribbean " )
(ACE FREHLEY)

Danny De Vito about Kristen Bell:
"This girl is so funny," he says, and when shown pictures a photographer took of her on the film set earlier that day, he continued: "Look at how beautiful she is! Look at that girl."

Kristen Bell about Will Arnett and Josh Duhamel:
"It's difficult to act with [Will] because I just laugh through all my lines," while she sarcastically describes the handsome Josh as "really an unfortunate-looking human being."

Kristen Bell about her co-stars:
"For some reason I keep doing movies with all boys; I need to do a movie with some girls, because I'm up to here with the testosterone, you know?" Kristen jokes with ET.
"There's too many funny guys in this movie -- I'm really trying to compete."

My time as an extra in Kristen Bells movie When In Rome
The Unofficial Celeb Stalker: Kristen Bell

FOR MORE
PICSPAM
famouslyso: when in rome picspam.

25 April 2008:
http://www.celebutopia.net/forum/sho...7.html?t=70617
Kristen Fanatic - Galeries Photos - On the set #1

7 May 2008:
Kristen Bell’s Romp in Rome | Josh Duhamel, Kristen Bell : Just Jared
Exclusive Celeb Photos - When In New York - FlynetOnline
Buzz Foto LLC - Paparazzi Is An Art Form!
Kristen Bell On The Set Of Her New Movie x15 HQ
On Set: Rome’s Kristen, Dax and Josh - TheBadandUgly.com
http://www.celebutopia.net/forum/sho...2-x-75554.html
Kristen Bell - When In Rome - a set on Flickr
Celebutopia - View Single Post - Kristen Bell shoots 'When In Rome' in NYC (June 2) x 8 HQs + 5 HQs + 24 HQs NEW ADDS
Celebrity Photos from Paparazzi - Dax Shepard Is a Smitten Kitten - Bauer-Griffin

Kristen Bell's New Nude Co-Star News

13 May 2008:
Kristen Bell is a Work of Art News

19 May 2008:
CelebFanForum - View Single Post - Kristen Bell - "When in Rome" set candids, May 19 *updated*
Celebrity Photos from Paparazzi - Kristen Bell Evades Crazy Artist - Bauer-Griffin
Buzz Foto LLC - Paparazzi Is An Art Form!
Josh Duhamel and Shaquille O'Neal on When In Rome Set | Josh Duhamel, Shaquille O'Neal, When In Rome | POPSUGAR - Celebrity Gossip & News.

19 June 2008:
More Pics From “When in Rome”!! : On Location Vacations
WHEN IN ROME FILM SET: SEEMINGLY A PARADOX | INF Daily
Jon Heder's Got His Heart in His Hand News

20 June 2008:
http://www.celebutopia.net/forum/sho...ing-78222.html

23 June 2008:
Kristen Bell Smooches Duhamel in Fountain, Puts Rear in Air With Shepard
KRISTEN AND JOSH GET ROMANTIC IN ROME | INF Daily

30 June 2008:
KRISTEN BELL TOKES UP | INF Daily

Last edited by karamel; 04-13-2014 at 05:58 PM
the echo fades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone give me a better title, I sat for about 10 minutes trying to think of one

Sooo I watched it last night.. and was actually expecting it to be better than it was. It was really short! And I just thought it was pretty forgettable, nothing that really made me laugh all that much either besides the bits we'd already seen and Kristen was adorable but there wasn't really much that showed her off to full potential loved the bit at the end with Dax and Will though, hee.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

I happened to catch the Rotten Tomatoes Show review of this the other day, and they said essentially what I've been thinking all along: KB seems way too smart for this movie. She should really take a page out of her hubby's book and find a good independent script that will show off her talents properly.
Heartattack&Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I like the title Kirsty!

Ooh did you watch it online? I'm trying to hold out until we get it in cinemas. It's painful waiting though!

alee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup there's a cam out, and it's pretty decent... watchable at least wish I had waited, because movies are always funnier in the cinema than at home in your room on your own
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

I like the title. I missed it darn it! I was going to go last weekend but some family problems crept up, & now it's gone! I guess there is always cable.
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

I did see that cam version floating around but I'm trying to be good and resist - it is tough not caving!

alee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Disney bringing the Mark Steven Johnson directed comedy “When in Rome” starring Kristen Bell to Blu-ray in May | HighDefDiscNews
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Total Fan

wow, that's really quick! its less than three months away already...isn't that usually not the best sign for a movie? when it gets put out on dvd that quick? =\

Here's hoping there's some really awesome special features, not that I won't buy it regardless, because i really did enjoy it.
Personal Tumblr
bellectrifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

It usually means they want to get a movie out there before it's completely forgotten, in the hopes it will stimulate DVD sales a bit.
Heartattack&Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well it made over 30 million in its theater run. And then when you calculate in future TV/cable runs and bluray/dvd it will make a nice profit for a low budget movie.

I am also crossing my fingers for some good extras on the dvd release and hope for a commentary with Kristen for once!
KBellFan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

They released the details. And using the yellow for the blu ray cover of course.

Quote:
Blu-ray Disc on May 18th...The bonus materials are set to include the following.
— Kerplunk! Bloopers from Rome
— Deleted Scenes
— BD Exclusive: Crazy Casanovas, Bloopers From the Set
— BD Exclusive: Extended Pain with the Suitors
— BD Exclusive: Alternate Opening and Ending
UPDATE: Disney details the Blu-ray release of romantic comedy “When in Rome” starring Kristen Bell set for May | HighDefDiscNews
Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Changed the colour of her top!

Pretty boring features
Old 03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Total Fan

not even a commentary?

sigh, i'm really disappointed in how they've handled this movie. granted its not the best thing ever made, but come on, it feels like they don't even care about it.
Personal Tumblr

Last edited by bellectrifying; 03-05-2010 at 05:50 PM
bellectrifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah it doesnt look great at all. I am just hoping that maybe they dont have ALL of the dvd details and we will get more.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top