Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Voicework Thread #1: She's the voice of Gossip Girl. Now you can add Megan in Unsupervised to her long list

Voicework Thread #1

This is the thread to post any news and discussions for Kristen's various voiceworks. This includes Gossip Girl, Assassin's Creed game series, Unsupervised, guest voice on other shows, and her commercials.

TV Series

2012 - Kristen in Unsupervised as Megan

2007- Present - Kristen voices Gossip Girl - Find her voiceovers here.

2011 - Kristen in Glen Martin DDS as Hayley .
2x23 - Videogame Wizard

2011 - Kristen in Robot Chicken as Hermione Granger / Sara Lee.
5x14: Some Like It Hitman - Watch here.

2009 - Kristen in The Cleveland Show as Mandy
1x02: Da Doggone Daddy-Daughter Dinner Dance - Watch here.

Movies:

2012 - Kristen voices Hex in Flatland 2: Sphereland

2009 - Kristen voices Cora in Astro Boy

2007 - Kristen voices Hex in Flatland: The Movie

2002 - Kristen voices Hiromi in The Cat Returns (English version)

Video Games:

2010 - Kristen voices Cora in Astro Boy vs. The Junkyard Pirates

2010 - Kristen voices Lucy Stillman in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

2009 - Kristen voices Cora in Astro Boy: The Video Game

2009 - Kristen voices Lucy Stillman in Assassin's Creed II

2007 - Kristen voices Lucy Stillman in Assassin's Creed (Video Game)

Others:
2010 - Kristen voices Mary Magdalene in "The Truth & Life Dramatized Audio New Testament Bible"

Charity: Water

Last edited by karamel; 01-15-2012 at 04:16 PM
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
first official review of unsupervised in:

Quote:
Raunchy and rude, "Unsupervised" is redeemed slightly by the chipper outlook of its protagonists, flanked by a circle of misfits that includes an overweight friend (Romany Malco) and goody-two-shoes (Kristen Bell) whose efforts to steer kids away from sex and drugs never quite pan out. Mostly, it's the perverse version of Charlie Brown, leveraging today's shattered nuclear families to riff on what young boys would do if left completely to their own devices.
Variety Reviews - Unsupervised - TV Reviews - - Review by Brian Lowry
will be adding more old stuff to the OP
Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm editing your title. I feel like we need to mention she voices Gossip Girl. seeing how there are people out there still who don't know that

ETA: I have edited the op. I linked to my media archive.

Soo.. I guess I should update Robot Chicken on my site.. and Finally add Glen Martin DDS.. Glen Martin DDS is still just sitting on my laptop lol

ETA ETA: I just did the op Wendy.. just need pics maybe lol

Last edited by ElectricHearts; 01-14-2012 at 10:44 PM
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

oo didnt remember that charity water one.. she also has that vitamin water commercial lol
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

another pretty positive review for unsupervised:
Quote:
If you want to laugh about animated adolescents coming of age, you’re better off tuning into FX’s new series, “Unsupervised.” It’s spawned from several of the same wonderfully twisted minds behind FX’s hit comedy series “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”

“Unsupervised” chronicles the misadventures of best friends Gary and Joel, a couple of lovable 15-year-old losers who’ve been left to raise themselves.

Gary’s biological parents long ago bailed on him, and the only thing his stepmom is interested in nurturing is her bong. Joel’s home life is equally rudderless. Despite being dirt-poor and devoid of role models, the boys keep clutching on to optimism. They rely on each other to navigate the treacherous terrain of teenagedom. (Sounds wholesome, but it’s FX. There’s plenty of adult language in this “kids” show.)

In the pilot, the boys realize that if they have any hope of hooking up with girls, they’d better stop riding their bikes, catching snakes and playing ninjas and start acting like grown-ups (i.e. drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes).

They throw a wild party at Gary’s house and turn his bedroom into what they envision to be a love den, complete with a huge poster of a scorpion “because girls love nature.” They also splash blood on the walls to make the girls think they’re about to get murdered. Alas, the boys will be there to comfort the frightened lasses.

Seeing Gary and Joel on the verge of losing their childlike innocence, Gary’s naive but well-meaning Panamanian neighbor, Martin (Fred Armisen), tries to dispense some fatherly advice.

“If you want to have sex, have sex with a book,” he tells them in a thick Spanish accent.

Justin Long — the “Mac Guy” in those Apple vs. PC commercials — does the voice of Gary. Joel is voiced by the series’ co-creator and executive producer, David Hornsby, who also draws the characters. Nice to see that Hornsby didn’t go into hiding, Osama bin Laden style, after his disastrous CBS sitcom “How To Be a Gentleman.”

Other members of the “Unsupervised” cast include Kristen Bell (“House of Lies”) as an awkward, bra-stuffing freshman named Megan. Romany Malco (“No Ordinary Family”) is the portly black kid, Darius, who can’t understand why people watch those “Real Housewives” shows about a bunch of rich women who throw parties and get mad at each other for bringing the wrong kind of shrimp.

Not all of “Unsupervised’s” jokes stick their landing, and the content is on the crude side. But I’m willing to check up on Gary and Joel every so often to see how they’re acting out while growing up.
As a ’toon, ‘Napoleon’ even lamer - Chicago Sun-Times
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

what a lacking gossip girl episode with hardly any of kristen's voice till the very end.. but the end was the best part
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

ooh thought there wasnt any at all with everyone complaining about the lack of gg
havent been watching in a while but has her voiceovers change and sound different or something? seen a lot of comments about that too.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

well it was part of the twist in the episode.. even though it was soo obvious that it was gossip girl being the one who txted nate.. but we find that at the end and we have a voiceover of kristen..

there are episodes where kristen voices a lot .. normally its up to 7.. well 7 as in the way i do it.. but if i ended up splitting it more, it maybe 9. sometimes there is less but never just 1 or nothing at all.. so yea.. not enough of kristen's voice in the episode.. even though it does fit the storyline as to why there is less of gossip girl..

it's now serena as the new gossip girl vs. gossip girl.. fun

they changed the way they have gossip girl voicing.. yea.. but it also had to do with the storylines they were doing.. but its pretty much the same.. just depends what they are doing..
Old 01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The cast also includes Kristen Bell, taking time out from “Gossip Girl,” “House of Lies” and her movie career. She’s amusing as the one girl in school who is uncool enough to hang out with Gary and Joel.
‘Unsupervised,’ With Justin Long and Kristen Bell, on FX - Review - NYTimes.com
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Quote:
The voice talent in “Unsupervised” is undeniably strong but I have to admit that it’s hard to get used to actors like Long, Bell, and Malco playing teenagers (Hornsby has a less recognizable voice). None of them really sound like kids, which makes their delivery a little unusual. Having said that, they’re talented actors who clearly enjoy this material. Bell, Armisen, and Vega sometimes steal the piece from the leads. The dynamic between Armisen’s over-protective father and his daughter played by Vega produces the biggest laughs. And Bell is perfectly cast as a girl who wants to behave but finds herself getting wasted in the first episode and becoming a pothead in the second one.

“Unsupervised” could eventually be a great show. Right now it’s an interesting one with a few clever jokes and a remarkably talented voice cast but it’s inconsistent (a shirtless neighbor named Sid is particulaly annoying and seemingly from another show). The writers need to decide if they’re going for hipster surrealism or teenage realism. The middle ground right now is leaving the show a bit tonally lost and inconsistent. The potential is there. Perhaps the team behind the show just needs a little more supervision.
Read more: TV Review: FX’s New Animated Series ‘Unsupervised’ Offers Fresh Take on Being a Teen
Old 01-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Quote:
hope u guys caught my new cartoon #unsupervised tonight on fx at 10pm!! (a lot of good it does me tweeting after the fact!! Sorry... )
Old 01-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

havent watched it yet. i have it on when and i will watch and work on it when i get up
Old 01-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

1x01: Pilot - Zachary and Kristen Image Gallery
1x01: Pilot - Zachary and Kristen Media Archive

i enjoyed kristen as megan in the first episode
Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks
did you find the show funny? seeing mixed stuff, i dont usually watch animated shows, not really my thing
Reply   Post New Thread