Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kristen in Party Down - 1x10 "Stennheiser-Pong Wedding Reception" - Episode Discussion

110 - "Stennheiser-Pong Wedding Reception" (Season Finale)
The team is excited to cater a lavish gay wedding (with guest George Takei), but must take a backseat to Uda Bengt (Kristen Bell) of Valhalla Catering. While Ron falls apart, Henry is forced to take charge.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

premature squeeee
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for this.
Heartattack&Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Passionate Fan

I know! I really hope she and Ryan get a few scenes, just together! *crosses finger*
rowanlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a must! I'm glad it already seems like she has scenes with everyone just sucks that Jane wasn't around for this ep, I'd have loved to have seen them together.

Can't waiiit, I hope it's up fast tomorrow
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

i want to watch it now
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Me too! haha
danceprincess20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Fantastic episode!
Quote:
This isn't effing baseball, weasel-face!

The only thing I wish is that I didn't watch all the clips beforehand, because even though it was still funny, I think it would have been funnier if I was less spoiled!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Ditto, I was disappointed just because I thought there were would be a lot more that we hadn't seen in the clips, but there were only a couple parts we hadn't already seen it's kinda lame that they'd put the majority of her stuff online before the ep, lol.

But still hilarious, loved all of her scenes it's so much fun seeing her play that kind of character. So many quotable parts, and the last scene especially was amazing, heh. "I have a kid, but he's very quiet, and no trouble." just the way she says everything cracks me up

And now I'm totally curious to see how S2 goes. Ron and Casey can't leave! Although Henry would make a more competent team leader even if Ron stayed I like Jennifer Coolidge a lot more in this ep than last as well, "I just ordered my new green merkin in the mail.. but it's too small!" and the Roman/George scenes, hee.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

I told you sooo. I figured we had seen the bulk of her scenes. That being said, I still thought the episode was funny.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Definitely! I think it says a lot when you can be spoiled so thoroughly and still enjoy it though! I love the Bluetooh headset thing as well, where Kristen would suddenly look like she's zoning out and she starts talking to someone in her ear, when there's someone else she was in the middle of talking with, standing next to her!

Does anyone else find the STARZ theme music weird though? I guess you may miss it if you download it, etc, but their 'original programming' theme music has this decidedly 'unfunny vibe. Seems more creepy/weird than funny!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

yay I finally found a thread on Fan Forums that has to do with my new favorite show Party Down So awesome to know I'm not the only one watching this great show

I love Party Down and was so excited when I heard Kristen Bell was gonna be on because well she is just awesome. And the episode didn't disappoint. Just a hilarious awesome season finale. I stayed away from all the clips because I made that mistake with one of the other episodes when they had a guest star.

Kristen character was great. She was like the complete opposite of Ron it was just perfect. I loved how they kept using the Bluetooth with her aswell. One of my favorite scenes was when she was telling Roman to direct people to the bathroom while someone was talking to her on the Bluetooth and she just says "yes I love Ben Affleck" and then asked Roman if he does but meant if he understands what he has to do and he thought she asked if he liked Ben Affleck

Can't wait to see what happens on season 2. I'm so happy it got renewed for a 2nd season. I hope they keep whole cast and that Jane Lynch and Jennifer Coolidge both come back because I find them both hilarious and would like to see them on the show together. I hope Kristen Bell does some more episodes too. It will be interesting to see if Henry calls her or not.

2013 NBA Champs
XChris76X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey, Chris! Welcome! I loved the look on Roman's face when he thought Uda was asking him if he liked Ben Affleck.

It sounds like KB will be back, at least for an episode or two, if her schedule allows, but otherwise she may be mentioned, but not heard

I really hope the entire cast is back as well, but from an interview Rob Thomas and John Enbom did, it sounds like FOX is playing hardball and doesn't want Jane to do PD, even though the shooting schedule for PD does not conflict with any of her commitments to Glee.

I'm not sure if you're also a VM fan, but Rob & Enbom also mentioned the possibility of Francis Capra being on next season, although they didn't say if that would be as regular, recurring or guest. I really hope they can work it out and he's a regular, but I'd love to see him on PD in any form, because he's actually just naturally funny! Ryan and Francis were making fun of each at the last VM convention and I'd love to see that on screen!

I loved how Uda was the complete opposite of Ron and that he was so completely terrified over he that he just caved straight away! He didn't even wait for everything to go to Hell first!

I have to watch it again, but did Casey break up with Henry in that last alone scene when she said he was too good for her or something?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

The headset thing was great. I kind of wonder whether it was done as written, or if she came up with staring off into space when someone was talking to her. It could have been written that she would just interrupt the conversation taking place between her and whichever member of the PD crew.

I hope Jane Lynch will be back, but the people at Fox are ass holes, so if she isn't, I wouldn't be surprised. Francis Capra would be an excellent addition.

Ron's immediate reaction to Uda makes me hope they go with their flashback idea for an episode. I want to see how she treated him.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Never watched VM. Always wanted to but never got around to it. I might have to now though after seeing Rob Thomas's work with Party Down.

Quote:
I have to watch it again, but did Casey break up with Henry in that last alone scene when she said he was too good for her or something?
Kinda I guess. All she said that she is the worst and that Henry should be with a better girl then her then she quit and left for the trip. So I guess thats her way of breaking up with him.

Yeah I hope Jane Lynch comes back but I kinda doubt it Fox sucks. Glee is gonna be huge though so good for Jane I just wish she could do both shows. Jennifer Coolidge is a great replacement for her though if she can't came back.

Yeah a flash back episode would be great. I really hope they do one. I would like to see how Uda was when she worked for Ron. I would also like to see what things were like when Henry originally worked there before he went to acting and back when Ron was the party animal

2013 NBA Champs
XChris76X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread