Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kristen in Heroes - 3x10 "The Eclipse: Part I" - Episode Discussion

3x10 "THE ECLIPSE: PART I"

After reuniting Sylar and Elle, Arthur orders them to apprehend Claire and bring her to him. Matt and Ando team up to help Hiro regain his abilities, then transport together to Daphne's hometown of Lawrence, Kansas to discover the secret she's been hiding. Meanwhile, Nathan and Peter Petrelli rush to Haiti in search of the only man that can stop their father from destroying the world, the Haitian. As an ominous eclipse spreads across the heroes' world, Arthur's powers seem to know no end.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

premature SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm joining you!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

so the premature squee is the best that i'm gonna have for this ep.. kinda disappointing.. not enough syelle.. saw the kiss way too many times that watching it on screen doesn't do much .. and elle is just being weird.. such a ..reversion.. am sad that she didn't go to really help claire..
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

So I thought it would be worse than this after reading the many negative reactions.

I love crazy Elle! Heee, everybody complained she was too sane, now they make her crazy, everybody complains she's too crazy. I do like that she called Gabriel on his behaviour. She complained about exactly the same things fandom had been complaining about. I don't really understand why he thought kissing her right when he did was such a great move, but I don't mind it.

I wish she'd been in more scenes than this, the Claire jumping in front of HRG wasn't such a surprise. I hate HRG though. He's a hypocrite. If everybody he ever hurt came back to hurt him, he would have been dead three times over. His scene with Claire was nice and this is the first ep where Claire didn't grate on my nerves. But HRG is really selfish for leaving her before she was a hundret percent ok. It's his own fault when things happen to her. He created Sylar, he created Elle by not helping her when he could have, and he left her now. Honestly, unless they put him on a big redemption arc that will show he finally realizes how much damage he has done and gets off his high horse, I'm done with that character. He's annoying. And this has nothing to do with the promo. Even though I loved that he called Claire on her behaviour.

I enjoyed the Peter/Nathan stuff, because Peter stopped being just a puppet. It was reminicent of the first season and I liked it. Angela totally knows that Tracy is two timing them.

I have to say, after this ep, I love Daphne.

Upon seeing the whole scene, it looks less like she was concerned for Claire, but more like she was concerned about Gabriel's boy scout ways. I think she saw herself in him and wanted to stop him becoming as dependant on his dad as she was on hers. Which makes more sense, than her connecting with her nemesis after one meeting. She is a sociopath, so connecting to people should be hard for her to do.

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
motylik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

EVa, are you still at home???

I can'T wait to watch the episode.. I'm just freaking out, because whyecer I thought the next episode would be aired next week..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eh, it all just confused me. It seemed so.. disjointed.

I liked the scene at the car dealership when I thought she was doing it so that she could see if he truly wanted to change or not, she wanted to see what the real him was. But her smile at the end when he rose to the bait and turned into evil!Sylar made it seem so manipulative, as if she wanted him to become a killer again. Which ok, on it's on I could take, as Elle is a bit psycho herself so I could understand her getting off on him being a killer But then in the last scene, she went and got upset again with her "I pushed you to become that monster, it's my fault!" it just doesn't make sense to me, that she'd still resent herself for that, when just 10 minutes ago she was once again pushing him into being a monster and smiling when he did it

She was cute though! and the kiss was hot. It all just felt weird.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm still at home and will be for the next two days. Still coughing, still not sleeping.

I thought that she was turned on by badass!Gabriel who doesn't always play by the rules, but doesn't want him to be a killer. I don't think they killed the rental guy. She's playing a very dangerous game, but she's trying to push Gabriel as far as he can go without becoming rutheless Sylar. But yeah, it doesn't make sense on it's own without two paragraphs of explanation. It did seem very disjointed. I don't really understand what the point of the thing was, apart from showing us pretty ZQ and pretty KB for a few seconds.

I need to rewatch the KB scenes. She was ridiculously pretty.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by motylik20 (View Post)
So I thought it would be worse than this after reading the many negative reactions.

I love crazy Elle! Heee, everybody complained she was too sane, now they make her crazy, everybody complains she's too crazy.
it's cus they're too inconsistent.. like they don't know wtf to do with her.. and with gabriel/sylar for that matter
Old 11-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

You know it's really sad that considering how much Kring and Co fought to have her still on board it looks like they don't know what to do with her. I honestly, don't think that is the case. I just think that Heroes has always been plot driven and not character driven. I won't even get into how many times Peter has been rewritten for me. And the ones that stay consistent, stay consistent because they are boring.

I liked her in the last ep. I don't see any inconsistency (apart from the flashback ep), apart from the fact that they show she's nuts.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

iono.. it was just weird.. one minute she's all into goading sylar.. the next she's all distraught about turning him into that killer
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

She was goading Sylar alright, but I don't think they killed that guy. She was goading him into stopping with his boy scout act. (Which I can get behind, since it's annoying.) She wanted him to be himself (without being the hunger consumed Sylar) and not what he thinks Arthur or Angela want him to be. That has absolutely nothing to do with regret over the fact, that she is the cause of his struggle now. He can't go back to being that Gabriel that she helped destroy completely. That was the point. She doesn't want him to fake it and still regrets it.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the implication was that Sylar did kill him.. with the way Elle was smirking and then they stole that car.

I'd be ok with her trying to make him stop with his fake act if it didn't mean murdering someone, I just don't see how that would help anything besides push him to revert to his old evil ways. It's like waving a tall glass of vodka in front of a recovering alcohol just to see if he really wants to quit or if giving in and staying an alcoholic is who he really is
Old 11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Well if they killed him (and for my own enjoyment of the show and my sanity I don't believe they did, but upon rewatching, the clock ticking is kind of a give away) then the whole thing makes no sense. Elle was repentent about being a killer in the last ep, and hates that she made Sylar into a killer back then and then does it five minutes later? Now I get what you guys were complaining about.

I thought they just knocked him out and took the car for free. And that was what she was smirking about. And I'm staying with that. She just wanted to be in a Bonnie and Clyde type situation, where they took what they wanted. Without murder.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ok, I'll stay with you and that theory hee.