Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kristen in Heroes - 3x08 "Villains" - Episode Discussion

3x08 "VILLAINS"

To prepare for the confrontation ahead, Hiro (Masi Oka) follows respected businessman, husband and father Arthur Petrelli (guest star Robert Forster) in the days before he “died” -- to discover what drove him to create rival company Pinehearst and strike at Angela (Cristine Rose). Later, a moment unfolds where Sylar (Zachary Quinto), horrified and guilt-ridden, might have stopped his murderous pursuit of abilities -- that is, if H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) and Elle (guest star Kristen Bell) had swayed from their monstrous assignment. Finally, under the wing of Company man Thompson (guest star Eric Roberts), agent-in-training Meredith (guest star Jessalyn Gelsig) watches her new life go up in smoke, following the arrival of her hot-headed brother.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

love all the scenes this week.. i know a lot of people said elle seemed ooc.. and i did think so too.. but i'm wondering if this or maybe something else also happened between then and what we saw last season to make her act more.. like the elle we've been seeing
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's why I was waiting for her to be mind-wiped, it would have made more sense that way! It was weird to see her all maturely cute and flirty, when her idea of flirty with Peter was fondling his ear and jumping in his lap like a kid it's hard to know which side of her is an act and which is the real Elle.

I enjoyed it all though, because I love Sylar/Elle and HRG/Elle
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

well i think a lot of the way she acted in s2 was an act.. i don't think fondling gabriel would work as well.. he would be so skittish

she definitely has more layers to her
Old 11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

The only way I think it would be believable is if one would argue that with Peter she didn't need to be holding back. She could be as crazy as she wanted, because he was her prisoner and was staying there. Gabriel was a free person and she had to reel him in, and maybe someone told her that her tendencies are wrong, so she was acting more subdued for the sake of the assignment. Like with Mohinder, there was no assignment to make him like her, so she could be herself. Her with Gabriel she had to act. But still, the soal crap was way too mature for her. The flirting and giggling was ok, but the last scene was OOC in my POV.

I still liked it though. I'm just disappointed, because it felt a bit rushed. It was way obviously just a side story to the whole Petrelli thing (even though technically, everything on the show was Petrelli because Meredith is the mother of a Petrelli and Sylar is a Petrelli too). I think one more scene, where she either got mind-wiped, or a stern talking to by Noah that she has to curb her touching or something would have made the thing ring more true for me.

Kristen was very pretty though.

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
motylik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The only way I think it would be believable is if one would argue that with Peter she didn't need to be holding back. She could be as crazy as she wanted, because he was her prisoner and was staying there.
that's how i think of it.. it wouldn't work with gabriel if she had acted the way she did with peter.. he would've been weirded out.. and honestly even though elle says she was never really a good agent.. i'm guessing she has been trained to be able to do these kinda things so she would know how to restrain herself.. i don't think elle is as out of touch with reality as a lot of people seem to see her as..
like her monologue with Peter and that scene with Claire at the car and she was talking about how life wasn’t fair.. I mean Elle is aware of things.. she’s not living in her own world.. the way she acts just seems to be her defense mechanism.. how she can deal with her situation. Dealing with the prisoners the way she does.. that might just be her scared of getting too close to people even though she does want some contact..

the soul thing might be a little too much though but who knows.. maybe she feels like she has no soul because of what being in the company did to her and all and felt guilty about doing that to gabriel
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

I agree with the first part of your post Wendy. The soul stuff was a bit too corny though.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

well she does get corny stuff.. i still like the sentiment of it all though.. she really did feel bad about making gabriel go down that path
Old 11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

I do agree with the sentiment. It's still OOC to say it like that.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

OOC! On the other hand, LOT'S OF KRISTEN!
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Heee, on a shallow note, the last ep was perfect.

Reply   Post New Thread