Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Well, I was thinking of boycotting the emmys but now I'll have to watch lol. I can't wait to see Kristen performing!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

From zap2it.com...

Quote:
Bell, Shatner Sing for 'Emmy Idol' Honors
(Tuesday, September 06 09:59 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Kristen Bell isn't nominated for an Emmy this year, but she could end up winning something at the awards anyway.

The "Veronica Mars" star will be among several TV notables performing in something called "Emmy Idol." Bell, "Will & Grace" star Megan Mullally, Grammy winner Macy Gray and -- brace yourselves -- William Shatner will all be performing versions of TV theme songs throughout the Emmy telecast on Sunday, Sept. 18. Viewers will vote via text messaging or on CBS.com during the show to pick a winner.

"There are certain television theme songs that are nearly as memorable as the shows connected to them," Emmy executive producer Ken Ehrlich says. "By jogging memories as well as creating wonderful moments by having them performed on this year's Emmy show, we think we're giving viewers one more reason to tune in and be entertained."

"Emmy Idol" could well do that, but it seems to run counter to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences' efforts to tighten the Emmy telecast. Earlier this year, the academy discussed eliminating acceptance speeches for some winners in favor of pre-taped remarks. The plan was later scrapped.
In addition to the "Emmy Idol" performances, Ehrlich will also stage a show-opening musical number featuring the Black Eyed Peas and Earth, Wind & Fire teaming up on the latter's "September." Clips of some highlights from the 2004-05 TV season will run during their performance.

Bell, a musical-theater veteran ("Reefer Madness," "A Little Night Music"), will be the only solo performer in "Emmy Idol." She'll be singing the theme from "Fame," which was a No. 1 hit for Irene Cara in the early '80s.

Mullally, who's appeared on Broadway and released an album of her own, will team with Donald Trump on the "Green Acres" theme. Gray will sing "The Jeffersons" theme, "Movin' On Up," with "CSI" star Gary Dourdan.

Finally, Shatner will perform the theme from "Star Trek" with opera star Frederica von Stade. The song actually has lyrics -- penned by series creator Gene Roddenberry -- in addition to Shatner's "final frontier" narration.
(Link)
Old 09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wasn't even planning on watchng the Emmy's. I was just going to look up the results online to see if Reefer Madness won anything, but seeing as how Kristen is going to be performing I'm definitely going to be tuning in.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Total Fan

I heard that on the radio today and I was all excited. They were making fun of Willliam Shatner though. But they said nice things about Kristen.,
Old 09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

At least it's some kind of nod from them. Can't wait to see it.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

This'll be something to tide me over while I'm waiting for the premiere. Instead of thinking '21 more days until the premire', I can think '11 more days until the Emmy's'.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo
This'll be something to tide me over while I'm waiting for the premiere. Instead of thinking '21 more days until the premire', I can think '11 more days until the Emmy's'.
That's the spirit!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

So Kristen is going to "make sure they remember my name. Fame! I'm gonna live forever. I'm going to learn how to fly!", huh?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo
Great way of looking at it.

There's a small poll here, basically people are voting for "Which 'Emmy Idol' number are you most anticipating?"
Click and vote for Kristen
Old 09-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Obviously, Kristen is the person I'm most looking forward to hearing, but I'm also looking forward to hearing William Shatner. Now before I get all the boos hear me out. I don't want to hear Shatner singing, but more like I want to know what the words are to the Star Trek song. I had no idea that there were words.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

I really want to see Gary Dourdan perform as well as Kristen
Old 09-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I'd like to hear Gary Dourdan sing because I want to know how he sounds. Can Donald Trump sing? I'm hoping that I'll be surprised because I don't want to hear any horrible crooning. I really want Kristen to win this even though it is obviously just in good fun. I plan on voting for her like crazy.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe I'm actually excited about the emmys.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know! Tell me about it! I can't believe I'm counting the days until the Emmy's. I'm usually so bored with most awards shows because of the whole speeches and whatnot. Of course, we'll still have to tolerate the boring speeches, but we'll have Kristen's singing to make it worthwhile.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Time for a new thread.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread