Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

https://people.com/parents/kristen-b...parenting-tip/
https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Kriste...ssons-45383170
Old 10-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TBSL + Action Against Hunger - VIDEO

Quote:
Social impact brand This Bar Saves Lives, LLC announced that it is the first company to partner with Action Against Hunger to pilot a new model for dealing with severe acute malnutrition – one that empowers customers to give food aid with every better-for-you snack bar they buy.

With this new approach, the United Kingdom's Department for International Development is working with U.S.-based Action Against Hunger to create a new "pipeline" estimated to reach up to 250,000 children facing hunger in the next three years. This Bar Saves Lives will provide resources to fill that pipeline with life-saving hunger treatments, with their one-for-one donation model and no cap on the potential donation amount or reach. This is the largest public-private partnership of its kind and will launch in Somalia in January 2019.

"Hunger is terrible anywhere. It is heartbreaking to travel to places where hunger is more common than the flu and far more deadly," said Ryan Devlin, Co-Founder of This Bar Saves Lives. "The good news is that, when completed, hunger treatment is extremely effective. This Bar Saves Lives was created to give more kids access to the help they deserve."

Last year, approximately 1.2 million children under age five in Somalia were diagnosed with the most severe form of hunger. Fewer than one in four had access to treatment. Somali officials report that aid is down 11 percent, even though hunger is on the rise.

"The world needs a better way to deal with hunger. Together with This Bar Saves Lives, we're creating it, so no child is forgotten," said Andrea Tamburini, CEO, Action Against Hunger. "We aim to double, by 2020, the number of children who have access to lifesaving hunger treatment. World Food Day is an important reminder that it will take sustained focus from consumers, governments, and companies like This Bar Saves Lives for us to achieve that goal, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and ultimately end hunger in our lifetime."

Paul Yoo, Chief Executive Officer, This Bar Saves Lives, explains, "If you possess radical hope, you can create radical change. This is why we have a simple giving model: buy a bar, feed a child. We believe people want to improve society and give hope to others. With this new partnership, it's now very easy for all of us to help tackle world hunger together."
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...BSL+Family%21+
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Old 10-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

im finding this 'backlash' somewhat bizarre to be honest.
she's teaching critical thinking. questioning things is good. thats how we learn.
she should be praised, not vilified. just my two cents.
https://www.eonline.com/news/978452/...white-comments
Old 10-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

all i gotta say is choose your battles people not everything needs to be an argument
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

AGREED and the worst part is the quotes are so out of context and a lot of the responses make it obvious people are only reading the headlines. why is it even a debate?

you know it's bad when she responds to people on social media knowing she doesn't really engage in doing that and knowing she shouldn't have to defend her parenting approach to begin with
inalandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yea.. she wasnt even saying the stories are bad or anything..just to not take things at face value. i think people are lumping her comments in, and sometimes outright confusing it, with keira knightley's comments (and attributing her quotes as kb's). all i got from kristen's comments was that when she reads stories with her girls, she has them question things.

but even regarding her specific comments re snow white.. she aint wrong.. it's quite alarming how many people are equating kissing with cpr/saving someone.. folks, if you're 'kissing' someone you're trying to give cpr to, you're doing it wrong. and as far as i remember, the prince didn't know kissing her would save her. he was just making the decision to kiss a 'dead' girl (which makes it infinitely more creepy)
Old 10-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)

but even regarding her specific comments re snow white.. she aint wrong.. it's quite alarming how many people are equating kissing with cpr/saving someone.. folks, if you're 'kissing' someone you're trying to give cpr to, you're doing it wrong. and as far as i remember, the prince didn't know kissing her would save her. he was just making the decision to kiss a 'dead' girl (which makes it infinitely more creepy)
seriously. its kinda ridiculous. and people are basically electing to be delusional. I dont understand why everyone is always so quick to be completely offended by something that they havent applied any critical thinking to themselves (they would all benefit from KB being their parent quite frankly) and something that i am fairly convinced they dont actually give two hoots about anyway. they are just bandwagoning.

and in any event, all of these stories historically have been rewritten time and time again to fit in with societal shifts. everyone is all up in arms defending something that has already been changed several times throughout its history. not to mention they are defending something that actually is pretty creepy. when i read kb's comments i was like "preach" and to see her being shamed for it, is boggling my brains a bit. i think its about time that the story gets a little nip and a tuck once more.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/10/...t-kristen-bell
Old 10-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

this saga continues.
supportive.
https://www.themarysue.com/kristen-b...-faux-outrage/
and not
https://nypost.com/2018/10/21/prince...kids-morality/
and im just rolling my eyes at some of the stuff out there. even the people that have read the interview have missed the point completely. because they have decided that they want too. ridiculous.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

err shes not expecting movies to teach her kids morality... hence why shes the one to read/watch and question it with them and just not setting them down in front of the screen themselves and having them absorbing everything just as it is presented to them
Old 10-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

part of what irritates me about media outlets, for example, running with this "story" is how quickly the ones criticizing her will likely go back to their headlines about being parenting goals three weeks later. but also 500% agree what you guys have said too. PREACH IT
inalandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

clickbait indeed

wish people would be this outraged about oh you know everything else that's a ****in mess in this country right now
Old 10-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

https://www.eonline.com/shows/busy_t...eek-guest-list
Old 10-30-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

you have GOT to be ****ing kidding me
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/kri...hite-sickening