New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

House Of Lies 1x11 "Business" Discussion

1x11 "Business" Discussion

Airs March 25 on Showtime
Marty and "The Rainmaker" work together to put the kibosh on their firm's impending acquisition by MetroCapital. But a back-stabbing twist of events leaves Marty with "The Rainmaker" as his mortal enemy instead of valued ally. Marty has to deal with attitude from his son, Roscoe, in the aftermath of the news about April.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

can't wait.
very bleak that i am only going to get to watch this ep, tomorrow night. my time.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww! well cant watch it later hope nothing mid f..k stuff happens that confuses my brain LOL
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

first couple reviews are in... and they're pretty good

House of Lies Review: Chopped and Screwed - TV Fanatic
“Business” | House Of Lies | TV Club | TV | The A.V. Club
Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

dawns`tweets looked good gonna finish my assignment for my online course and then watch
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

finally watched it. solid episode. gonna watch again in a bit.

Norbert: rainman... uh... maker, rainmaker.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i enjoyed this ep. thought it worked with its pacing and tone. there were parts that i thought we're pretty damn funny.

doug's mixed tape.
jeannie and norbert in the lift and jeannie coming a bit unhinged when she learns who else the rainmaker is sleeping with.
marty and roscoe in the morning
skip and marty
everything with the pod (as always)

i thought this was one of the first times that we almost saw the real marty - the nice guy hidden away. dealing with his kid. the bar thing was a new sort of low though - also he was so genuine with her that there had to be an ulterior motive so when it was revealed it was hardly a surprise.

a bit odd:
monica within 4 days is suddenly in love with someone and roscoe is quoting things he says. (i can appreciate that monica may be doing the happy family dance to better her chances of getting custody but still... thats a bit quick for roscoe to be talking about him.)
the rainmaker and marty: i honestly can't believe that marty could be so played. for someone that preaches always having an angle, i don't get how he could have been so completely dumb when it came to his relationship with the rainmaker.

i think everything is nicely set up for next weeks finale.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

back home from the hunger games! time to finish the rest of the episode..

it's good so far
Old 03-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

!i enjoyed the episode!

i didnt really take it as an extreme low.. marty thought he was close with marcus and i guess would consider him a friend.. so i wasnt surprised that marty would end up doing that and that marcus would screw marty over.. i did like how marty was open at the bar and stuff

thankful jeannie didnt do anything with greg lol.. the scene in the elevator with marcus and jeannie was still weird.. not really for the fact she found out he was banging other chicks.. the conversation she was having with ben and doug about tara was a tad bit creepy when she was talking about tara being the one banging marcus.. cuz you knew she was talking about herself too.. and them speaking highly about tara wasnt helping

doug having to give money when he says something serial killer reminded me of new girl and schmidt and the douche jar LOL!..
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

YES. so glad that they didn't hook up. strangely enough - if he sticks around i could almost see it happening though, and not in a bad way. good god what am i saying

i thought it was low because the daughter was an innocent. he used her in order to say F you to marcos. fine i get the logic. but i didn't think it was cool that he used someone that didn't even know that there was a game going on. if you know what i mean. she seemed so genuine and gentle herself and now she must pay for her father and marty's war with her own feelings. thats used and abused to the extreme. although it does essentially fit with marty's character. - you couldnt really expect anything else.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

i liked how everything played out. was good that the rainmaker was out for himself this whole time. marty shoulda taken his own lesson (always know everyone's angle) and yea ****in rainmaker's daughter was a new low but nothing less than i would expect from him. can't wait to see what goes down in the finale.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

he did bring up that he didnt want her to hate him or w/e though.. so he kinda vaguely warned her LOL! but dude .. she wanted him LOL! he didnt really mislead her lol.. what he was saying about his life was true ..so.. yea there was some hidden agenda.. but she fell for him even when he told him how crappy his life is right now in the bar lol
Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I finally found the time to sit and watch the episodes right from the beginning because I hadn't seen them! I've got to say that it is nothing like I expected it to be. It's quite dark at times but it makes it a show with substance. I am liking the pace and the fact it's got a decent plot and it's got a really good balance of characters. Don Cheadle is beyond awesome. Kristen Bell's comedy timing slays me. She sure can deliver a one liner. I'm really glad that along with Marty's struggles, we get an insight into Jeannie's too because Kristen is always at her best when she's doing an emotionally sad scene.

I don't know when HOL is coming to the UK but I've been telling everyone I know how great this series is. A second season has already been confirmed, hasn't it?
Caritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

its nice to get an opinion of the show based on the marathoning of all episodes - as a first time viewing. i think its probably how the show is best seen. watching everything slotting together without any delays.

i think they struggled a bit with the pacing in the earlier eps but it has definitely found its form lately. i think everything is shaping up for an awesome season 2 (confirmed ).

They'll start filming in September some time.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

So glad we're getting a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
i thought this was one of the first times that we almost saw the real marty - the nice guy hidden away. dealing with his kid. the bar thing was a new sort of low though - also he was so genuine with her that there had to be an ulterior motive so when it was revealed it was hardly a surprise.
I was kicking myself for not seeing the twist that she was the Rainmaker's daughter. Marty always has an angle. I wasn't surprised he did what he did. The guy is ruthless. But what the show does well is showing he does have a human side to him and he is as vulnerable as the rest of us. We see what motivates his ruthlessness. The writers have done a superb job of adding dimensions to the character of Marty. It makes it really hard to dislike him.
Caritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread