Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

House Of Lies 1x05 "Utah" Discussion

1x05 "Utah" Discussion

Airs February 5 on Showtime (Now availiable to watch early on Showtime on Demand)
On a consulting gig in Utah, Jeannie is put in charge when it becomes clear that the racist CEO of a no-frills motel chain won't take Marty seriously; Clyde tries to make inroads with a virginal Mormon woman; Monica decides to spend some quality time with Roscoe after her married boyfriend rejects her, but their parent-son bonding takes a dark turn, leading Roscoe to better understand his mother ... and better appreciate his father.

Last edited by ElectricHearts; 01-29-2012 at 11:07 PM
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will add episode still up later. Since its availiable on Showtime on Demand, I wanted to let people who are able to watch the episode. Discuss it early. I put a spoiler warning in the title.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

yes please for two in one day, although it does mean two weeks with nothing then
saving this one for tonight.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

yea im gonna watch this later today as well
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Will watch later today as well
Show was smart doing this (as nobody will be watching next week).
chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

ok, i couldn't resist and snuck it in.

i thought it was pretty damn sublime. great episode, great characterization, everybody got a moment (even monica), lots of jeannie and some great looks at the camera... but this is definitely a dramady more than anything else. honestly don't know how anyone can not like this show after this ep.

promo's for episode 6 look great as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

the first thing i did was watch next week's promo

anyways havent watched yet lol (also i just woke up lol)
Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

somehow this episode manages to be both the least funny and the one with some of the funniest moments at the same time.

it is also the best episode yet. hands down.

i am loving that they are giving jeannie so much screen-time and kristen is seriously working it, the only thing that upsets me is that she is so clearly built for drama (as much as for comedy) and for making us feel something, that i finished the episode wishing she would just embrace drama a bit more in her career. she really is so friggin good. hopefully beats and scenes like her last one in this episode will open that door a bit. Give her more, please.

best bits:
monica gets more screen time and this is the first episode where we don't see marty wrestle with demons (catching his reflection in the glass etc) but rather it is monica wrestling hers and it appears marty might be right, it looks like she really is bat-**** crazy.
'fecal fingers'
in marty's airport freeze frame he dipped dougs 'dirty' fingers into one of the shot glasses and stuck it in front of clyde.
'do not ****ing swear'
jeannie, clyde and doug talking about alternative entry and the fact that doug actually got to have the upper hand over clyde in this episode was wonderful. the scene continues to be great with marty's return as well. (pod stuff always works)
'oh my god its fruit, calm the **** down'
on corn 'you never own it, you just borrow it'
and the best line of the episode: Monica - do you know what a golden shower is? Roscoe - when it's suny and it rains? Monica - oh thats magical!.
Marty and the CFO in the car
The presentation
and then that airplane conversation between marty and jeannie which was beat for beat perfect. they really played well off of each other and i really like that what jeannie said to him appeared to affect him. he didn't brush it off, he was depressed about it.

so clearly the best bits for me were pretty much everything.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh doug.. doesnt wash his hands after beingi n the washroom lol

just started watching now
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

i loved this episode. again, it keeps getting better! i think even the business aspect doesn't seem as rushed as the first three episodes, and they're finally settling into a distinct style. but wow doug owned this episode the way he played clyde
douleurexquisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

i would really love your feces on my dick lol.. i love that jeannie and clyde moment.. even doug knew jeannie was playing clyde LOL!..

anyways im not done yet.. lol
Old 01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

soo guess this was more jeannie centric.. glad she got to run it for a change.. go jeannie for swearing at marty and telling him the truth about himself!!

it's marty's fault
Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i actually thought that marty was coming over at the end to say well done... just goes to show how self-involved her character is that he actually came over to say 'you ****ed up' instead.

Quote:
Don Cheadle
Sundays HoL is probably the best one so far, word up. UTAH, y'all! Tune in and holla back. And thanks, tweeple for all your support!
totally agree - best episode.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

yea i felt really bad for jeannie

it wasnt her fault.. plus marty like treated her like crap and even made her cry when he was all high

cannot wait to watch this sunday
Old 02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea he was pretty harsh.. love jeannie for telling him off.. and like that she stuck to her guns and presented the expansion plan, she did a great job at it (up until the number of course )

also love that doug got to ****ed with clyde's mind for once
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread