Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

House of Lies 1x02 "Amsterdam"

1x02 "Amsterdam" Discussion

Airs January 15 on Showtime
Marty and The Pod are sent to Phoenix to clean up a mess at a very powerful sports franchise caused by the impending divorce of its high-powered owners. Jeannie takes a dinner meeting with Derek, an old flame, but is deflated when she finds out his real intentions toward her. On the home front, Marty continues his personal war with Principal Gita over Roscoe's cross-dressing.

Last edited by karamel; 01-16-2012 at 11:06 AM
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

cannot wait! but boy busy sunday to come..
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tonight on House of Lies: Amsterdam
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

this show just got even more awesome!! i have soo many favorite moments in this episode.. i dont know where to start!!

i also like how they didnt have much of marty explaning.. like im glad they cut down..

uh i kinda watched it twice already lol..

doug and cat deeley scene.. and clyde doing out his scenario to doug.. gah!!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i am desperate to watch... but i have to wait HOURS before i can. curse work.

House of Lies Review: So You Think You Can Sleep with Cat Deeley - TV Fanatic
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

marty's ex is such an ass and i think i may just start shipping clyde and marty LOL! then again seems like they all want marty.. i think its because she is the only lady on the team haha

oh and i loved the ending haha

hope you get the watch it soon candice
Old 01-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

me too

POLL : What did you think of House of Lies - Amsterdam?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

This was a very funny episode.

icon: one thousand ways
jeli-deli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

ok, i loved it
so many fantastic moments but generally when that pod is on screen together magic happens. they are so so good.

gonna watch again and post my favorites but seriously, that moment with jeannie and marty on the plane and the smile...? just perfect.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great second episode I was laughing out loud for most of it. And I like how the Marty Jeannie relationship is slowly developing at the end of the episode.

Here is a review from someone who didnt like the pilot but after watching the second show sees it going in the right direction and thinks it has promise to be a good show. “Amsterdam” | House Of Lies | TV Club | TV | The A.V. Club
KBellFan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

ok, the good stuff:

pretty much that entire airport scene.
from the 'who is cat deeley?' line to the telephone conversation which was so nicely done and doug's 'encounter'. fantastic.
loved how kb played the headhunter scenario. managed to show us (the audience) that she was disappointed but not the headhunter who saw the same thing we did. she's so good.
then back at the pod... clyde's whole exposition on how he would woo cat. and the whiskers on homeless kittens line. Marty and jeannie's faces watching him were perfect.

also loved how the rainmaker was impervious to marty's freeze time and talk thing... he just cruised across the room.

apparently at the TCA's they were saying that they stopped green-screening those freeze frames quite early on, so in later episodes everyone is just standing still.

with the exception of jeannie, i think doug is my favorite so far.

the not so good:
i hope they develop monica a bit more - the angry banging is funny but she doesnt have a character yet. we only know what we've been told about her.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ben/clyde absolutely killed it this ep
his facial exp and reactions during the airport scene was awesome.. mouthing "no, stop." "don't say ballet" "that can't be real. that wasn't real"

and then his how to woo cat deeley scene was just priceless esp with the help the homeless kittens find whiskers and the almost kss with doug and clyde

and all the little stuff he does like the tie part.. just great

didnt think we were going to get much clyde and doug stuff already so this was a really nice ep for the both of them
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

i almost thought they were actually gonna kiss ben really killed that scene LOL!

oo i see you changed the image in the op lol
Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea i thought the other one was for this ep but it's for ep 4

other things i like about the ep.. the freeze time was much improved. i think it was use about the same number of times as the pilot but it just worked better in this ep and it was kinda cool when he used it for the rainmaker and he was just strolling through it

the jeannie and marty stuff was interesting.. and this review sums it up pretty well in that regards

Quote:
But this also illustrated how Marty and Jeannie work together. If she was really, truly going to take the job she never would have mentioned the offer. So she was glad when Marty made it go away. But she got to have her cake and eat it to by acting annoyed when confronting Marty about it. She just wants to feel wanted and needed. She’s obviously a major team player and not just in it for the money. (Unless she was lying about the money just to try and make Marty feel guilty that he pulled the plug on it. It could also be good leverage for a raise.) She wants to be where she is, she likes her little work family. It’s sweet.
House of Lies Review ‘Amsterdam’ – Cat Deely Got Handsy | Small Screen Scoop
Old 01-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

yeah i like that snippet, and i think its a fair interpretation of what was going on there as well as jeannies own mini internal conflict.

i think a lot of the elements were a bit more subdued this episode. from the freeze frames to the music, and the show was better for it.

also liked the moments when marty just looked at the camera, he was basically acknowledging we were there, (that we saw that moment) but not saying anything to us... he did it when he separated the divorcing couple and when he spoke to jeannie on the plane.

i see such an improvement from last week to this (and i really liked last weeks) i hope that it convinces some of the fence sitters to stay a while longer. especially since its only supposed to get better.

waiting to see the ratings and the damage that the GG's may have done to them.

did you see the tagged on promo for the next ep?