Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Good Place - S03E7: "A Fractured Inheritance" - Thursday, November 1

The Good Place - S03E7: "A Fractured Inheritance" - Thursday, November 1

S03E7: "A Fractured Inheritance"
Eleanor makes a startling discovery that tests her resolve, Tahani looks to make amends and Janet does some bonding.

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

well, all i can say is, wow eleanor really has come a long long way.
i also just want to give her a mother that loved her enough goddammit. what the hell.

shout out to the plate of cheese she was eating at the PTA meeting #spiritanimal
and shout out to dad michael.

also, loved the tahani scenes with her sister and chidi.

janet getting pulled over for driving perfectly brilliant.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

loved it

even though the group has split up these past two eps, i have really enjoyed them each getting their own thing.. and they are interwoven really well. loved how eleanor and her mom and tahani and her sister were resolved
Old 11-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

yeah it was really great.
and interesting splits as well. a bit unconventional this week having Chidi with Tahani.
Tahani's realization re. her sister was pretty special as well.

also, how about that reveal at the end by Michael that Eleanor and Chidi had been in love... then tries to segue into listening to a podcast. oooo repercussions are coming
Old 11-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

seen a lot of complaints about tahani and eleanor forgiving their abusers...

not having dealt with this type of 'abuse', i cant really speak from that perspective.. but what i got at least with eleanor and her mom wasnt that she forgave her... she even said so herself that donna being a better person now doesnt undo all the damage she has cus her.. i just saw it as eleanor choosing to move forward and leave that behind.. forgiveness isnt really about the person being forgiven, it's about releasing the burden you carry around from whatever happened to you and starting to heal
Old 11-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

absolutely, preach. that's spot on the way i see it...
Eleanor was raised broken because of her parents. its not about her forgiving her mom... so much as moving on from her mom and the wounds the caused. finding a new path. her own path.

as for Tahani, that one is tricky but for me, it was sort of realizing, similar to eleanor that we wind up paying for the sins of our parents, if we carry what they inflict forward with us. it is the parents that caused the rift between the two sisters. the sisters lived with it, and the burden of it in the only way they knew how... they have now found a new way. acknowledging the pain of it and growing from there. once again, i am not sure this is about Tahani forgiving her sister... and quite frankly, her sister forgiving her. its about finding a new way forward from there. in a more balanced positive way.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

regardless, it's a very personal journey. everyone has a different way of dealing with it and these are their way of acknowledging what happened and how they should move forward
Old 11-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode! I remember Eleanor's mom from Rules of Engagement, as the crazy cat lady, I think

Love how Michael forgot to add bathrooms to the plan
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)

Love how Michael forgot to add bathrooms to the plan
i forgot about that.

Quote:

regardless, it's a very personal journey. everyone has a different way of dealing with it and these are their way of acknowledging what happened and how they should move forward
exactly
and im sure the moral philosophy involved in how they have approached this has been very well researched as well.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
and interesting splits as well. a bit unconventional this week having Chidi with Tahani.
Tahani's realization re. her sister was pretty special as well.
like getting some tahani and chidi duo again

and it came with one of my favorite moment of the ep

https://humorgifs.tumblr.com/post/179679604783

Old 11-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

that was amazing.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, burger, you're cute.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i laughed so hard during this scene.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

also

Beaver Paralyser

janet's 'impressed' face
and them going around and janet telling him the prices of all the art
Old 11-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

for anyone wondering about the age thing..

Quote:
You play Kristen Bell’s mother on The Good Place, and you return for Thursday’s episode. How did that role first come about, and did you discuss the age difference?
I [first] got a call from my agent, “You got an offer to play Kristen Bell’s mother.” I was like, “Well, here it is. Here’s that phone call where you are officially an older actress.” Then she said, “No, no, wait. It’s to play the mother of her character in flashback.” Initially, it started off as playing the mother of a little girl. I thought, “Okay, that makes more sense,” because Kristen Bell and I are not that far apart in age. Look, don’t get it twisted. I know I’m older than her, but I’m not old enough to be her mother.

Then when they said, “We’d like you to come back and work with Kristen,” there was a conversation, “Well, how is that going to work?” Like, “What are you going to look like?” They were like, “We don’t want to do aging makeup on you. That’s not something we want to do.” They came up with a brilliant idea to just Real Housewives her and to make her look really pulled and surgeried. We put in extensions. We gave me a really insane tan. Pulled my face up with tape. Wore really crazy makeup, really intense, Real Housewives-ish makeup.
https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/lesl...ood-place.html
Reply   Post New Thread